News: Former Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to open Italian restaurant in Dallas

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Every dinner plate will be embossed with this image...so that when you finish eating your spaghetti, THIS is smiling back at you.

garrett1.png

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, Greg and that one mod idgit and a couple of other robot lovers will like that. I think he's giving free backstabbing at the door. I hope Wade never visits it.

nobody

Reaction score
Jokes aside, I hope he does well with it. There's always demand for good Italian restaurants and I believe they're one of the ones with the cheapest overheads. Pasta isn't expensive to make/buy and people will pay for good Italian. I've no doubt he researched all about what might do well. Do I think he has anything to do with the recipe creations for it? Other than tasting what chefs are offering and saying yes or no, I don't think he is. (Or maybe I'm wrong and he has a passion for making Italian food).

Good luck to him and his endeavor. I'm not going to eat there, but I hope he succeeds.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
??? This kind if stuff I don't get. My family was in the restaurating business for over 50 years. I don't understand how people think they can get in the biz without any real experience and domain expertise.

Between him and Babe would you trust either of them to curate menus, taste experiences, run food and beverage operations efficiently to bring good value to a customer base?

I will concede domain expertise in football, and the NFL, but restauranting and Italian cuisne???

Unless they think Olive Garden is real Italian food.
That's probably why Jason and Babe are teaming with a restauranteur. They write the checks and he adds the sweat.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
??? This kind if stuff I don't get. My family was in the restaurating business for over 50 years. I don't understand how people think they can get in the biz without any real experience and domain expertise.

Between him and Babe would you trust either of them to curate menus, taste experiences, run food and beverage operations efficiently to bring good value to a customer base?

I will concede domain expertise in football, and the NFL, but restauranting and Italian cuisne???

Unless they think Olive Garden is real Italian food.
Garrett made probably 60 million dollars off Jerry alone. This is just a plaything and ego move for wealthy people like Garrett.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I was going to crack a joke about ginger Italians, but then did a quick Google, and lo and behold, 0.57% of Italians are natural redheads. 1 in 200. So who knows, maybe his mama mia taught him some home country recipes.
Named Garrett, right? Oh, he’s autentico, no doubt.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I hope he doesn’t invest too much because 80% of restaurants fail. Even the ones that know the business. He better hire the right people….
Elementary, me lad, elementary. Banks, investors etc. Invest heavily in analytics.
Things such as don't buy restaurant land where demographics suggest poverty. Analytics will indicate foot traffic and traffic patterns and even set projected income and profits. And the top people there gotta have top resumes.

Garrett will prosper because curiosity and hunger will draw customers.
Ah, capitalism!

Plankton

Reaction score
Simple strategy - just continue to stack pizza box on top of pizza boxes, and you will be successful.