Former NFL HC Brian Billick on end of Cowboys season and point they are at now

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interesting take here.......

***2023 playoff game......the 49ers were the better team and played a better game
***2024 playoff game......the Cowboys were the better team but the Packers played a better game

But he nailed on how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. So many things/elements you can control but some you can not. It is why if you are a consistent playoff team, you are at least within striking distance. Do you tear it down and start over, or play the odds and tweak it a bit?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

***2023 playoff game......the 49ers were the better team and played a better game
***2024 playoff game......the Cowboys were the better team but the Packers played a better game

But he nailed on how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. So many things/elements you can control but some you can not. It is why if you are a consistent playoff team, you are at least within striking distance. Do you tear it down and start over, or play the odds and tweak it a bit?

Fool me once shame on me............Fool me 29 times then I'm an idiot Homer fan who probably has an IQ of under 70.

Poor Brian must have money problems as he's looking for a handout from Jerry or Todd France.

And no comment on RJ does anybody pay this guy to report on the Cowboys?????????????????

Now keep beating those below .500 teams excuse me not beat but abuse and flex your muscles on National TV to show we are great baby!

Ya ya were on the RIM just make sure it's not the Toilet rim.............. :facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Winning a SB is indeed very difficult, but how about getting INTO a conference championship once in three decades when they’ve had two one seeds and a two?

Three different head coaches blew home games that would have accomplished that with one lousy win.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Not buyin’ it…..pushin’ 3 decades.
Exactly. I don't believe in anymore excuses or rationalizing. Plus, we can't even make a conference title game let alone win a Super Bowl. We haven't been legit contenders in nearly 30 years.

It might be hard to win a SB, but how hard is it to make a conference title game in 28 years? Even the Lions managed to do it, but Dallas simply cannot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fool me once shame on me............Fool me 29 times then I'm an idiot Homer fan who probably has an IQ of under 70.

Poor Brian must have money problems as he's looking for a handout from Jerry or Todd France.

And no comment on RJ does anybody pay this guy to report on the Cowboys?????????????????

Now keep beating those below .500 teams excuse me not beat but abuse and flex your muscles on National TV to show we are great baby!

Ya ya were on the RIM just make sure it's not the Toilet rim.............. :facepalm:
tired of being rimmed

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We should've made a move for a new staff.
We didn’t so ill with what he said and hope he’s right.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

It’s not a knee jerk reaction. Dak and McCarthy have had many chances. It’s been 30 years since the Cowboys played in a conference championship.

John813

Reaction score
Same song and dance for almost 20 years. (Parcells on)

Team is so close, better than the opponent but manages to still find ways to lose.
Some games there's scapegoats like Crayton, or Byron Jones, or the QB, or the RB fumbling etc...

Maybe BB is right, but I'm a bit jaded in general when it comes to this team and actually being close to any type of postseason run.
If it's the same offseason BS routine it'll be the same playoff early exit routine.

starfan1

Reaction score
Need a better GM but also better players on both sides of the ball

This roster is over rated 10 pro bowlers? Not when it counts

That said it is very hard to reach the pinnacle of success every year 31 teams don’t

The ones that knock on the door year and year out have the best built teams with best organization

Cowboys just can’t get over the hump

CCBoy

Reaction score
Anyone who says that we were the better team and that we need subtle changes simply did not watch that game. We didn't belong on the field against Green Bay. Until we are prepared to admit that all hope is lost.
Chose a sport where one just can't lose or pick what you call a better winner....hold them accountable but lay off the unholies always implied in the team.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Chose a sport where one just can't lose or pick what you call a better winner....hold them accountable but lay off the unholies always implied in the team.
LOL they almost had to stop the game before the end of the first half because we were so pathetic. Green Bay pulled all their starters before the 4th quarter in a playoff game. You need to go back and rewatch the game friend. Those players do not belong on the field together again.

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL they almost had to stop the game before the end of the first half because we were so pathetic. Green Bay pulled all their starters before the 4th quarter in a playoff game. You need to go back and rewatch the game friend. Those players do not belong on the field together again.
How many of these players will be moving on to Washington with their cap abundance?

OC Tyler Biadasz: Tyler Larson and Nick Gates both started at center last year for the Commanders. Gates is still under contract through 2025, but Larson is 33 years old and a pending free agent. Washington could stick with the status quo at center or they could upgrade and get younger by signing Tyler Biadasz, a player the Cowboys might not be able to re-sign. While Quinn didn’t work with him directly in Dallas, he is a player he's familiar with.

DE Dorance Armstrong: Washington traded both of the best pass rushers (Chase Young, Montez Sweat) last year, making Dorance Armstrong a strong possibility in free agency for Washington. Armstrong flourished under Dan Quinn the last three seasons, finishing with 5.0, 8.5, and 7.5 QB sacks as a rotational/backup DE. He'd immediately upgrade the position for the Commanders in the same type of role or as a potential starter.

DE Dante Fowler: From college to the pros, Dante Fowler has a long history with Quinn and could follow him to Washington like he did in Dallas. Like Dorance Armstrong, he's been a key rotational piece for the Cowboys the last two seasons, registering 4.0 and 6.0 QB sacks in that two-year span. He'd add much-needed depth for the Commanders and would come relatively cheap considering the contracts he signed recently.

CB Jourdan Lewis: While he didn't enjoy the same type of success Trevon Diggs or DaRon Bland did playing for Quinn in Dallas, Jourdan Lewis is a player who could follow his former DC to Washington. The Commanders could potentially be losing their best CB Kendall Fuller if they choose not to re-sign him. Considering Lewis' familiarity with Quinn in his defensive scheme, the former Cowboys slot CB is someone they could be interested in.

S Jayron Kearse: Jayron Kearse was a journeyman special teams player before Quinn pretty much resurrected his career with the Cowboys. He's played an important role in Dallas' secondary the last three seasons and could help the Commanders make their transition to Quinn's defensive scheme much easier. He'd be a relatively inexpensive option to replace Kamren Curl, who Washington could potentially lose via free agency.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...quinn-washington-commanders-dorance-armstrong