Former Pats Coach Tom Shaw: Dak compares favorable to Brady

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He already did tremendously as the season progressed.

To be sure . . . my first impression made me wonder if Shaw was comparing them the way Brady is now and in that sense, it would be a "huge leap of faith" to assume Dak will progress to that level. Like I noted, I wouldn't be one to say Dak can't or likely won't do so in time. I'm sure it'll take time, no doubt, for him to possibly reach that level of play if he's, indeed, destined to. As it is, his work ethic compares to Brady's and that's a good start.

negativecreep

Reaction score
LINK: http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...s-special-year-returns-early-stop-path-dallas

Nice article. I believe Dak will remain focused this offseason and work on his weaknesses. His arrow is pointing way up.
hers hoping, I was one of the biggest Dak fans before we got him, and I'm so glad we did, I jumped up and down after we got him. Conner Cook, Paxton Lynch? We got lucky.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Nothing about Dak's skill set emulates 1 year wonder.
Exactly @Ring Leader but some his detractors on this forum says he's another Foles, and RG3 that gimmicky Chip Kelly offense or that offense Shanahan ran with RG3 is nowhere near the pro style offense that Garrett/Linehan has Dak running where he definitely has to read coverages and go through progressions neither Foles, or RG3 possesses this trait never have never will Dak will only get better not worse.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'd be satisfied if he just reached Troy Aikman's ability and skill level. I doubt we ever see a QB reach Brady's level of success again, not very many people are willing to commit to the kind of disciplined diet that Brady has committed to for his NFL career.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Exactly @Ring Leader but some his detractors on this forum says he's another Foles, and RG3 that gimmicky Chip Kelly offense or that offense Shanahan ran with RG3 is nowhere near the pro style offense that Garrett/Linehan has Dak running where he definitely has to read coverages and go through progressions neither Foles, or RG3 possesses this trait never have never will Dak will only get better not worse.

I don't believe that even the most "cautious Dak accepters" are claiming he's a RGIII, Foles or Kap clone. They are just a little more cautions about jumping on the Dak wagon mind body and soul after a surprisingly strong rookie campaign.

They should take notice, however, that his skills are not based on immense physicality/speed or a gimmicky system that will be eventually exposed. Dak's skills are solidly foundational in nature and should do nothing but improve with experience.

Even for those who love Romo (count me in) you have to be ecstatic about the future of this kid. I know I am.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I'd be satisfied if he just reached Troy Aikman's ability and skill level. I doubt we ever see a QB reach Brady's level of success again, not very many people are willing to commit to the kind of disciplined diet that Brady has committed to for his NFL career.
He could...but will need Haley and that stout defense. It was grossly under rated! No SB without that defense.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Awesome find, love this gif!

Frozen700

Reaction score
Brady's 1st 7 years regular season stats are not the greatest off all time in that view. (not counting post season)

QBR

If you actually watch games, and not stats, you'd know Brady is damn near untouchable.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady is the greatest of all time. Dak is no where close to that, or close to his level.

Can he get there? Sure... Just can't compare him to the great Brady. No one is as good as him or even close to it, yet.
There are a few in this league right now they are "close" to being as good as Brady.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I am all dak on Dak .. ha passed the rookie season .. the bigger wall now is the second season when all teams now have him on tape and have an off season to study and plan for him .. also it's the time to progress .. all indication are he will succeed again but I am waiting to see

Let's go Dak!!!

:cool: