Former Pats Coach Tom Shaw: Dak compares favorable to Brady

plymkr

Reaction score
Comparing Dak's demeanor and wortk ethic to when Brady 1st entered the league. What's uncomfortable about that?
I'm not trying to be a homer but I'm pretty comfortable comparing Dak to Brady when Brady first started. Back in 2002 if you would have told me that Brady would be the greatest of all time I wold have said lets pump the brakes a little bit. But if you would have told me that Brady is a good player and has a tremendous upside in 2002, I would have agreed completely. Now looking at Tom's body of work over a career and playing in 7 super bowls winning 4 it's a wild idea to say Dak will be that good. But after one year of starting I can say with a lot of comfort that Dak has a tremendous upside to him and has the ability/work ethic/demeanor to be a dominant player. Will he dominate, who knows. We'll know that answer 5 or 6 years from now, but all signs point to this kid being special. And we don't need him to be Tom Brady, we just need Dak to be Dak and continue working on his craft and gift.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Brady is the greatest of all time. Dak is no where close to that, or close to his level.

Can he get there? Sure... Just can't compare him to the great Brady. No one is as good as him or even close to it, yet.

No one is comparing his production. It's the mentality they are comparing.