Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michigan

Washington

Texas

Alabama

I knew, just knew that Bama or texas was going to get left out because there is no way the committee would have a SEC CFP.

FSU goes undefeated and they lose out.
Just more excuses for FSU to leave the ACC.
That was my preferred list exactly and in the same order ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/college-game-thread-for-season.514661/page-4#post-13176209

I feel bad for FSU but FSU lost their starting quarterback and that combined with the schedule they played makes Alabama and Georgia both look more worthy.

If they were not going to include 8 teams this year (they really should have) in transition to 12 next year, I think we get 4 competitive teams to watch at least.

The college football fan in me loves this CFP ranking because I really want to see Michigan and Alabama play each other as I think that will be a great game (I don't care who wins).

I think Texas and Washington playing is a good match up as well.

Overall, I got the 4 I wanted so I am looking forward to the games.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Michigan

Washington

Texas

Alabama

I knew, just knew that Bama or texas was going to get left out because there is no way the committee would have a SEC CFP.

That’s the best four since FSU won’t put up a competitive game without their QB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Michigan

Washington

Texas

Alabama

its almost like there is money to be had by certain networks if its known the SEC is where the 2 best teams in the ACC want to go...now way ESPN would do that on purpose though..money has never rigged a poll.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That was my preferred list exactly and in the same order ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/college-game-thread-for-season.514661/page-4#post-13176209

I feel bad for FSU but FSU lost their starting quarterback and that combined with the schedule they played makes Alabama and Georgia both look more worthy.

If they were not going to include 8 teams this year (they really should have) in transition to 12 next year, I think we get 4 competitive teams to watch at least.

The college football fan in me loves this CFP ranking because I really want to see Michigan and Alabama play each other as I think that will be a great game (I don't care who wins).

I think Texas and Washington playing is a good match up as well.

Overall, I got the 4 I wanted so I am looking forward to the games.
Go Longhorns!

nathanlt

Reaction score
The college football playoff has been disqualified due to this ridiculous decison. There will be no legitimate champion this year. Florida State is the rightful owner of a playoff spot, and to replace them with Alabama is ridiculous.

Yes, losing their 1st string quarterback is devastating to their chances. Florida State keeps winning, despite the odds, demonstrating the heart of a champion. Ohio State won their national championship in 2015 without a 1st or 2nd string QB. If CFP can ignore deserving teams for what they determine to be the "best", then don't even have a playoff system. Decide who # 1 is, and crown them at that moment. It's all on paper, so don't even play the games.

Don't ever say "4 best teams" Nobody knows, let the most deserving teams play a 3 game playoff system. Champions are crowned on the field, those who have earned it, play. Those who are entitled, spout self-praise, don't get in. Bama is a falsified occupier of the 4th spot.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The college football playoff has been disqualified due to this ridiculous decison. There will be no legitimate champion this year. Florida State is the rightful owner of a playoff spot, and to replace them with Alabama is ridiculous.

Yes, losing their 1st string quarterback is devastating to their chances. Florida State keeps winning, despite the odds, demonstrating the heart of a champion. Ohio State won their national championship in 2015 without a 1st or 2nd string QB. If CFP can ignore deserving teams for what they determine to be the "best", then don't even have a playoff system. Decide who # 1 is, and crown them at that moment. It's all on paper, so don't even play the games.

Don't ever say "4 best teams" Nobody knows, let the most deserving teams play a 3 game playoff system. Champions are crowned on the field, those who have earned it, play. Those who are entitled, spout self-praise, don't get in. Bama is a falsified occupier of the 4th spot.
The 4 best teams were selected. Deal with it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If it was the 4 best teams Georgia and Alabama would both be in the tournament. Georgia lost at the worst possible time.

Georgia Alabama Michigan Texas

Washington Florida State 5 & 6

1942willys

Reaction score
If it was the 4 best teams Georgia and Alabama would both be in the tournament. Georgia lost at the worst possible time.

Washington is hard to figure; I do agree they probably are not as physical as the other teams

nathanlt

Reaction score

The ACC beat the SEC this year as a conference, 6 - 4 . Why does the SEC 1 loss champion somehow get in, while the ACC undefeated Champion get removed from their RIGHTFUL spot?

Bama will be removed, otherwise, this years national champion and the entire playoff is falsified.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The ACC beat the SEC this year as a conference, 6 - 4 . Why does the SEC 1 loss champion somehow get in, while the ACC undefeated Champion get removed from their RIGHTFUL spot?

Bama will be removed, otherwise, this years national champion and the entire playoff is falsified.
Well since the networks basically own the playoffs (and the Conferences) Bama wont be removed and Clemson and FSU now know if they wont a legit chance they need to leave the network they play for and come to the network that owns the CFP...hmm what conference is that again?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Well since the networks basically own the playoffs (and the Conferences) Bama wont be removed and Clemson and FSU now know if they wont a legit chance they need to leave the network they play for and come to the network that owns the CFP...hmm what conference is that again?
Right.... the answer is the SEC, a weaker conference than the ACC this year. 6 - 4

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Right.... the answer is the SEC, a weaker conference than the ACC this year. 6 - 4
money talks in the this league just look at whats been happening.. soon it will be a 12 team playoff basically between the big 10 and SEC...They dont like FSU's offense now but Mich offense is cool winning games throwing the ball like 2 to 3 times a game...makes sense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Michigan

Washington

Texas

Alabama

They said they could factor in injuries so they used it as an excuse the shut out FSU.
But the #2 QB (who is good) would've been back for the playoff.
Sucks. Run the table and still didn't make it.
This is the first the the ACC has been left out though.
The Big 12 and Pac 12 had been left out in the past.

DFWJC

Reaction score

FSU got screwed badly.