Four CFP teams announced

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yes, I was wrong on the outcome of the game, but knowing that Alabama is not going to be the end result... let's just say I'm glad that I was wrong on that one. Unfortunately, college football is ruined because of this mentality that undefeated champions defer to the SEC by default... well that's sickening.

Not watching any of this scam, and college football is ruined. But, like I said, go buy a jersey or something, feed into the corruption. Have a great time paying your self imposed taxes via jerseys etc.
Dude, it's over. I get you're disappointed, I get it.
Even fully healthy I don't think FSU could hang with the rest of the final 4. Not trying to be a jerk, just being politely honest.
but if the QB wasn't injured, they would have had their chance to prove it.

unfortunately, injuries happen. FSU without Travis, was frankly an average team on a good day, and on a not so good day, they were awful.

let it go. The Committee did the right thing. We got two excellent games last night and should have an exciting final. FSU had a bad break but this had nothing to do with corruption. FSU would have gotten smoked by any of the 4 teams playing last night. Badly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I would think if Ewers returns he would at least talk to his coaches and guage their thoughts as to if it's Ewers job or if it's an open competition.

With the portal making it so easy, imagine him transferring to Bama next year? they'd be a real tough out if he matured quickly.
He’s ready to roll. Ewers stands in his way but he really wants to be the Texas QB, from what I’ve read and is willing to sit another year. It’s a shame bc Peyton and Eli both played as Freshman and that’s how they developed. I don’t know how much more he can develop sitting on the bench.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Dude, it's over. I get you're disappointed, I get it.
Even fully healthy I don't think FSU could hang with the rest of the final 4. Not trying to be a jerk, just being politely honest.
but if the QB wasn't injured, they would have had their chance to prove it.

unfortunately, injuries happen. FSU without Travis, was frankly an average team on a good day, and on a not so good day, they were awful.

let it go. The Committee did the right thing. We got two excellent games last night and should have an exciting final. FSU had a bad break but this had nothing to do with corruption. FSU would have gotten smoked by any of the 4 teams playing last night. Badly.
See, I don't know how many times this will be said before people get it. FSU should be in because they earned it. Alabama had one loss, they didn't deserve it. Who cares if the matchup wasn't as hyped, no one... including me, could predict the winner with 100% certainty. Looking back, Michigan emerged as the victor in the first round, and it is certainly reasonable that they could have beat FSU, even with all starters playing. (If FSU were rightfully selected, they wouldn't have had as many opt outs...) FSU was capable of winning, no matter the adversity, they were a powerhouse all season. So, why ruin the integrity of the sport, by eliminating a rightful owner of a playoff spot, fraudulently insert Alabama instead, when Michigan could have very likely advanced either way?

It's a waste of effort, all to make more money. Kirk Hype/Cheat made his money, certainly.

Watching hyped matchups is not the point, corruption is the only reason FSU wasn't in there. FSU losing doesn't circumvent the illegitimacy of all of it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
See, I don't know how many times this will be said before people get it. FSU should be in because they earned it. Alabama had one loss, they didn't deserve it. Who cares if the matchup wasn't as hyped, no one... including me, could predict the winner with 100% certainty. Looking back, Michigan emerged as the victor in the first round, and it is certainly reasonable that they could have beat FSU, even with all starters playing. (If FSU were rightfully selected, they wouldn't have had as many opt outs...) FSU was capable of winning, no matter the adversity, they were a powerhouse all season. So, why ruin the integrity of the sport, by eliminating a rightful owner of a playoff spot, fraudulently insert Alabama instead, when Michigan could have very likely advanced either way?

It's a waste of effort, all to make more money. Kirk Hype/Cheat made his money, certainly.

Watching hyped matchups is not the point, corruption is the only reason FSU wasn't in there. FSU losing doesn't circumvent the illegitimacy of all of it.
if FSU lost by, say, 3 points on a last second TD, maybe this is a different argument we're having.

FSU got boat raced in the (literal) worst loss in College football bowl history, by the team that lost to the team that lost to Michigan.

I don't want to hear about holdouts, whatever. They lost by 60 points. They mentally folded. They quit. That's not a championship team mentality. Period.

No offense. The right decision was made. What would have damaged the sport would have been trotting out FSU last night to get clobbered by Washington or Michigan in similar fashion that they did to Georgia. That would have been bad for college football.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
He’s ready to roll. Ewers stands in his way but he really wants to be the Texas QB, from what I’ve read and is willing to sit another year. It’s a shame bc Peyton and Eli both played as Freshman and that’s how they developed. I don’t know how much more he can develop sitting on the bench.
I don't know how much more Ewers can develop playing. He is a good, not great college QB. It will probably be an open competition. I have no idea how well Manning will or won't do.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how much more Ewers can develop playing. He is a good, not great college QB. It will probably be an open competition. I have no idea how well Manning will or won't do.
If Ewers stays in college , he should transfer. There is no way Sark is going to sit Manning another year. If he declares an open competition , that should be signal enough to Ewers.

nathanlt

Reaction score
if FSU lost by, say, 3 points on a last second TD, maybe this is a different argument we're having.

FSU got boat raced in the (literal) worst loss in College football bowl history, by the team that lost to the team that lost to Michigan.

I don't want to hear about holdouts, whatever. They lost by 60 points. They mentally folded. They quit. That's not a championship team mentality. Period.

No offense. The right decision was made. What would have damaged the sport would have been trotting out FSU last night to get clobbered by Washington or Michigan in similar fashion that they did to Georgia. That would have been bad for college football.
Of course you have to ignore the holdouts to have any chance of an argument, 24 players were out due to the disrespect they were slapped with. FOURTEEN Starters were gone, the team was told that their regular season was meaningless. Therefore, the bowl game they played in was meaningless, too. Can you imagine any single player, Jared Verse, for example getting injured, falling out of the first round, on top of being denied a chance in a legitimate playoff? There was no reason to risk it, when the entire team had already been spit on by the CFP.

So, yes, it's true that you have to ignore undeniable facts to stand on the "worst loss in bowl history" argument. The sport would not have been damaged by keeping Alabama out... so many are brainwashed by SEC and all the hype. FSU deserved to be there, and all of the playoff is illegitimate because they were left out. Period.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Of course you have to ignore the holdouts to have any chance of an argument, 24 players were out due to the disrespect they were slapped with. FOURTEEN Starters were gone, the team was told that their regular season was meaningless. Therefore, the bowl game they played in was meaningless, too. Can you imagine any single player, Jared Verse, for example getting injured, falling out of the first round, on top of being denied a chance in a legitimate playoff? There was no reason to risk it, when the entire team had already been spit on by the CFP.

So, yes, it's true that you have to ignore undeniable facts to stand on the "worst loss in bowl history" argument. The sport would not have been damaged by keeping Alabama out... so many are brainwashed by SEC and all the hype. FSU deserved to be there, and all of the playoff is illegitimate because they were left out. Period.
Georgia was disgruntled for being left out

How many of their guys skipped the game?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Georgia was disgruntled for being left out

How many of their guys skipped the game?
Georgia didn't deserve it either, FSU was undefeated. 15 of Georgia's players (backups, not starters) entered the transfer portal and didn't play, believe it or not. That transfer portal timing is seriously messed up, we probably agree on that.

joseephuss

Reaction score

That goes against your stance that it doesn't matter that FSU's top QBs were not available. You said that had to be ignored. Quite illogical.

nathanlt

Reaction score
That goes against your stance that it doesn't matter that FSU's top QBs were not available. You said that had to be ignored. Quite illogical.
What??? It aligns perfectly with it. Roster is irrelevant, the games played in the season is the measuring stick! WOW!

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What??? It aligns perfectly with it. Roster is irrelevant, the games played in the season is the measuring stick! WOW!
You are talking out both sides of your face.

So the roster is irrelevant for the regular season and the games played are the measuring stick?

If that’s the case….

Then for the bowl game where FSU was historically embarrassing…..
The roster was irrelevant. The bowl game that was played was the measuring stick.
And FSU fell historically short!

joseephuss

Reaction score
I knew you would respond with nonsense. If roster is irrelevant, then it didn't matter how many players quit on their team for FSU.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I knew you would respond with nonsense. If roster is irrelevant, then it didn't matter how many players quit on their team for FSU.
He’s completely talked himself into a circle.

He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

nathanlt

Reaction score
You are talking out both sides of your face.

So the roster is irrelevant for the regular season and the games played are the measuring stick?

If that’s the case….

Then for the bowl game where FSU was historically embarrassing…..
The roster was irrelevant. The bowl game that was played was the measuring stick.
And FSU fell historically short!
The roster was affected by the illegitimate decision to exclude FSU from the playoff.... That is essential. Georgia starters minus 18 backups played FSU backups, 24 players were gone, 14 starters..

HOW CAN THE GAME MATTER WHEN 42 players are absent? There's no way to say that the bowl game mattered, it most certainly is not a measuring stick for anything. The roster prior to the CFP decision was missing 1 player. The corrupt decision was a seismic impact to all bowl games. Who wants to play an insulting offer of a non-playoff game, when FSU earned it through much adversity?

And yet, your position is that 1 person missing from a roster (that's about to get decimated by the transfer portal), matters more than an undefeated conference champion versus multiple 1 loss champions. Your position is also that 42 players missing from a bowl game is irrelevant, the bowl game is an undeniable measuring stick. Hmmm... I say that position is ridiculously foolish.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

FSU got denied based on the huge change at QB which absolutely devastated their offensive unit and ability to score. They were not a top 4 team after the Travis injury.

If they had gone into the playoff with that offensive unit…… even the one that played Louisville, Michigan would have shut them out as UGA almost did but for a fluke hail Mary type pass in the first quarter.

The fact you refuse to admit is that FSU was no longer the same team. The drop off from Travis to their 3rd string QB was enormous.

Last edited:

nathanlt

Reaction score
FSU got denied based on the huge change at QB which absolutely devastated their offensive unit and ability to score. They were not a top 4 team after the Travis injury.

If they had gone into the playoff with that offensive unit…… even the one that played Louisville, Michigan would have shut them out as UGA almost did but for a fluke hail Mary type pass in the first quarter.

The fact you refuse to admit is that FSU was no longer the same team. The drop off from Travis to their 3rd string QB was enormous.
I admit that FSU is no longer the same team, but they continued to win 2 more games without Travis. That's why FSU earned their spot in the playoff. Alabama, Texas and Georgia had a loss, (Alabama nearly 2) so they cannot be ahead of FSU, there's no justification, even from Kirk Hype-Cheat. With the imminent massive roster shift in all teams, (transfer portal) basing a decision over 1 player despite continued wins is fraudulent and corrupt. Also, FSU's 2nd string QB would have stayed for a playoff, so the 3rd string QB discussion is a non-starter. FSU won that regular season game too!

It's not about the most hyped matchup for money... it's about who earned it. Alabama did not.

College football is ruined. I'm done.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit that FSU is no longer the same team, but they continued to win 2 more games without Travis. That's why FSU earned their spot in the playoff. Alabama, Texas and Georgia had a loss, (Alabama nearly 2) so they cannot be ahead of FSU, there's no justification, even from Kirk Hype-Cheat. With the imminent massive roster shift in all teams, (transfer portal) basing a decision over 1 player despite continued wins is fraudulent and corrupt. Also, FSU's 2nd string QB would have stayed for a playoff, so the 3rd string QB discussion is a non-starter. FSU won that regular season game too!

It's not about the most hyped matchup for money... it's about who earned it. Alabama did not.

College football is ruined. I'm done
The college playoff is not about who earned it. It’s about who the committee decides are the top 4 teams. FSU was not a top 4 team once they lost Travis. IMO, they dodged a bullet bc they would have been destroyed by Michigan.

It’s unfortunate the players didn’t have enough pride in their school or respect for their coach and the fans to show up against UGA. But I suspect a lot of those guys who skipped out knew they had zero chance of beating UGA and didn’t want to be embarrassed. It's a better narrative to say “oh what could have been if we didn’t get screwed”.

It’s all a moot point now and it will never happen again since the playoff expands to 12 teams next year.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The college playoff is not about who earned it. It’s about who the committee decides are the top 4 teams. FSU was not a top 4 team once they lost Travis. IMO, they dodged a bullet bc they would have been destroyed by Michigan.

It’s unfortunate the players didn’t have enough pride in their school or respect for their coach and the fans to show up against UGA. But I suspect a lot of those guys who skipped out knew they had zero chance of beating UGA and didn’t want to be embarrassed. It's a better narrative to say “oh what could have been if we didn’t get screwed”.

It’s all a moot point now and it will never happen again since the playoff expands to 12 teams next year.
I agree with this post almost 100% but for the last sentence.

I'll bet you $50 we'll be reading similar posts from a fan of whoever ends up ranked #13 in the CFP rankings next year :laugh: