News: Fox: Bengals unhappy over Evan McPherson watching Super Bowl halftime show

plymkr

Reaction score
His coach hates rap. If that had been a gut bucket potato sack full of cats having painful sex country, he would have been alright with his PK watching it.
So a trade for Bossman Fats is probably not going to happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure where he was at but Nate Newton told the story. He wasn’t with the team and snuck off and watched the entire show. All the players were envious lol

He’s lucky Jimmy didn’t find out. He might have made him moonwalk back to Dallas.

GINeric

Reaction score
His coach hates rap. If that had been a gut bucket potato sack full of cats having painful sex country, he would have been alright with his PK watching it.

I was just about to say that. If it was all country music artists, the coaches would have welcomed him to watch the entire show.

Lol. Interesting....

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
It all depends on what RAP music you are talking about. That Bullish they play on the radio today? Rap , some of them can't even speak properly.

I must admit I have never been a fan of RAP music. I'm more of an all other types of music kinda guy. I mean how many times can you hear about robbin stealin mackin hoes and drug dealin.

I mean we get it. your a tough guy. Put on some Snarky Puppy for goodness sakes

Blackrain

Reaction score
Truly amazing the response is here from these guys.

I guess there's no chance that there could have been some type of trick play that he would need to be involved in the second half or an onsides kick at a strange time to throw people off.

No definitely no need for him to be in the locker room sheesh freaking amazing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I mean he’s a kicker did they really need him in the locker room at that point?

I really can't believe the amount of people in this thread that believe there is absolutely no strategy involved in the kicking game.

I think I remember Sean Payton calling an on sides kick after halftime in a super bowl not too crazy long ago.

If you were going to do that to try and get an extra possession in the second half at some point it would probably be a good idea if your kicker was in the locker room and was made aware that this was going to happen

But hey I'm from the old school where it was important to win the game not watch some has been rappers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really can't believe the amount of people in this thread that believe there is absolutely no strategy involved in the kicking game.

I think I remember Sean Payton calling an on sides kick after halftime in a super bowl not too crazy long ago.

If you were going to do that to try and get an extra possession in the second half at some point it would probably be a good idea if your kicker was in the locker room and was made aware that this was going to happen

But hey I'm from the old school where it was important to win the game not watch some has been rappers
Bengals didn’t run anything like a onside kick though lol. Those has been a are legends though.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
so I guess I should not get my hopes up with Michael Buble doing holagrams with Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, or Sir Elton John doing a greatest hits montage for 20 minutes, or even Queen with Adam Lambert doing some of Freddies greatest hits. SMH, now that's real music.....Signed, The Geezer....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It still looked odd. Apparently his teammates weren’t very happy about it. He should’ve stayed in the lockerroom with his team, he was there to do a job not watch the halftime show.

Fair point. But personally, I don't care if the kicker rides around on Rowdy's four-wheeler at halftime as long as he makes his kicks.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Bengals didn’t run anything like a onside kick though lol. Those has been a are legends though.

Obviously hard to plan anything like that when your kicker isn't Even there to discuss it.
Legends what a hoot maybe in their own minds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Obviously hard to plan anything like that when your kicker isn't Even there to discuss it.
Legends what a hoot maybe in their own minds.
Are you saying they aren’t legends because you don’t know who they are? Because you don’t have to like it but their resumes speak for themselves….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair point. But personally, I don't care if the kicker rides around on Rowdy's four-wheeler at halftime as long as he makes his kicks.
It’s funny kickers get no respect but now people want to pretend like they do in the locker room lol.