Video: Fox: Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak'

slick325

Reaction score
Heard this morning that Mahomes is expected to get between $37M and $45M. If that is true, I suspect it will be closer to the $42M-$45M range. Every other QB in the League including the guy in Seattle should fall far below that range. IMO.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Because he isn’t going to get what he wants clueless.

See how easy that is? Dak suck-ups should realize that Jerry, for all his faults, has always been more than fair with his players. Its well known around the league and in the media he lavishes them with dollars they wouldn't get anywhere else.

For some reason Dak suck-ups continue to clamor how unfair Jerry is being here.

You've made a remarkable discovery realizing what the rest of the world has known for years!

bewp7

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks is right about what Dak will become once Mike McCarthy gets his hands on him. Pay him now, it will be peanuts compared to what you'll pay if you wait.

good imo. i’m not comparing dak to mahomes directly, but i’d rather pay mahomes $45m a year than jared goff $35m a year or whatever he is getting. my point being letting dak prove he is worth it and paying more is 10x better than paying him more than he is actually worth in fear of him increasing his value. franchising him and waiting is the best move for the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a mistake we're already regretting, Dak would be 2x the mistake.
A team might get by with one mistake but 21M to a DE and 15M to a RB doesn't give them much wiggle room and these fat contracts they've been handing out is why this negotiation is where it is.

Loso86

Reaction score
I just find it incredibly stupid to keep asking Dak for a discount every few months when the price on quality QBs go up every few months.
I think it's more so length. Daka tryna play us with a shorter contract and yall know Jerry likes those 5 plus year deals

phildadon86

Reaction score
They aren’t asking him to take a hometown discount though. They literally offered him the same amount Goff/Wentz got, which he himself said he is expecting because he said he hasn’t done enough to be the highest paid. The only thing they disagree on is structure and length. He isn’t being lowballed. I don’t know why everyone’s saying “Hes not taking a hometown discount!” When the Joneses haven’t even offered a hometown discount amount.
Yeah it’s getting irritating lol. The only issues they have right now are length and structure. After the tag it gives them more time to sort that out.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Did not expect this narrative with Dak. Zeke I expected but not Dak. Meh par for the course I suppose.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
See how easy that is? Dak suck-ups should realize that Jerry, for all his faults, has always been more than fair with his players. Its well known around the league and in the media he lavishes them with dollars they wouldn't get anywhere else.

For some reason Dak suck-ups continue to clamor how unfair Jerry is being here.

You've made a remarkable discovery realizing what the rest of the world has known for years!
Quit with the condescending “Dak suck-ups”

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak' (VIDEO)

0204_sfy_dak_1280x720_1693484611505.vresize.1200.630.high.16.jpg

Bucky Brooks share his thoughts on reports the Dallas Cowboys plan to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott. Bucky says Dak is being disrespected in this contact negotiation. Do you agree?

Read Full Story
Lucky Brooks is absolutely right and makes complete sense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did not expect this narrative with Dak. Zeke I expected but not Dak. Meh par for the course I suppose.
Don't underestimate the agent in his ear about his value and leaving money on the table and if you want to give any player an inflated view of himself, make him a Cowboy. Stars that don't shine near as much as they think they do.

Money was always an issue but this has turned upside down, there is more coverage about negotiations and contracts than the damned game. I am fortunate enough to remember when they played and I didn't know what they made.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he shouldn't have.
They blinked with Elliott and Lawrence and may have with Smith as well. And those 3 may be what the issue with Prescott is right now, along with Cooper and Jones being up.