Video: Fox: Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak'

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was not for that contract with Zeke but honestly, that was actually a pretty good contract for the team. The way it is structured was pretty well done, IMO.

6 years 90 mil, 15 mil annually but really only 50 mil guaranteed. So basically, it's a 5 year deal with an out in year 4. Again, I don't love the contract or how it was done but as contracts go, I like the way the team put it together.
I have no problem with the contract but that 15 million could’ve came in handy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have no problem with the contract but that 15 million could’ve came in handy.

I agree. I mean, I was no fan of that deal either, as I'm sure you probably know. Truth be told, I'm usually against any type of ridiculous contracts normally. I'm too tight I guess but be that as it may, they at least structured it so that we weren't saddled with a stupid amount of money in the latter stages of Zeke's career.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Here we go with the "disrespecting" card! Let's make it personal!

So people in business disrespect each other at the negotiation table all the time I guess!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry and Stephen should have paid Dak last year, unless they're really convinced he's not the answer. If they did think he was the answer, they missed getting him on the cheap. They had to know his asking price would increase with time. If they didn't think he was the answer, well, they're acting like it by threatening him with the franchise tag. I think they're really not sold on him. I think if a quarterback falls into their laps, they'll pick him. I think this is something the Joneses and McCarthy have already talked about. I think the Joneses and McCarthy already know what they have in Dak, whether he'll improve or whether he will start a perpetual flatline in his abilities.

It will be an interesting off season and draft.
I don't think they know what they have in Dak, and I don't think they have any idea if they can make him better....Just like many of us. I think that's why they didn't sign him last year, and why they're hesitant to commit to him now. I think they want to see exactly who he is before making a firm decision, and I honestly don't blame them.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think they know what they have in Dak, and I don't think they have any idea if they can make him better....Just like many of us. I think that's why they didn't sign him last year, and why they're hesitant to commit to him now. I think they want to see exactly who he is before making a firm decision, and I honestly don't blame them.
The negotiations were public. Dak turned down 30 mil/season. That is why they didn't sign him, because he wants an exorbitant contract.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The negotiations were public. Dak turned down 30 mil/season. That is why they didn't sign him, because he wants an exorbitant contract.
But if they were sure about him, he'd probably get that exorbitant contract.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Really would have been peanuts if we had signed him last preseason. JJ and SJ seemed more intent on winning the negotiation over doing what's in the best interest of the team
What's best is how low can Dallas keep the final contract.

Hiring McCarthy and the new staff cost Jerrah multi-millions. It may not come off the cap, but it still comes out of Jerrah's pocket.

With MM, this team can win without an elite QB. Developing one going forward is the goal now.

Jones has hedged his bet with McCarthy.

I can live with things if Dak leaves. We should do what is best for the entire team, not just one personality.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm convinced ole Bucky says half the stuff he does just to have a different opinion. His mock drafts are also garbage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Hiring McCarthy and the new staff cost Jerrah multi-millions. It may not come off the cap, but it still comes out of Jerrah's pocket.

With MM, this team can win without an elite QB. Developing one going forward is the goal now.

I can live with things if Dak leaves. We should do what is best for the entire team, not just one personality.
There's still the possibility that Dak is our best option, at least for the next few years.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

That's plausible. I assume they know what they have in Dak, but you may be closer to the truth. Maybe, they really don't know what they have in Dak.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There's still the possibility that Dak is our best option, at least for the next few years.
Sure is.

What I believe is so the deal for $32 mil/yr and if Dak meets expectations then in 2 years we RIP up his deal and Increase his deal.

We get to harvest increases in the cap and new CBA agreement with more money and Daks increases are covered.

Dak gets what he wants with room to take a raise for doing what he says he wants as our QB.

We have contracts with Amari in a similar vein and contracts can be redone to help as well.

But we have to win now. No more yaking about it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Yea he won with Brett and Aaron Rodgers. They were not good at all