Video: Fox: Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak'

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen should have paid Dak last year, unless they're really convinced he's not the answer. If they did think he was the answer, they missed getting him on the cheap. They had to know his asking price would increase with time. If they didn't think he was the answer, well, they're acting like it by threatening him with the franchise tag. I think they're really not sold on him. I think if a quarterback falls into their laps, they'll pick him. I think this is something the Joneses and McCarthy have already talked about. I think the Joneses and McCarthy already know what they have in Dak, whether he'll improve or whether he will start a perpetual flatline in his abilities.

It will be an interesting off season and draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They blinked with Elliott and Lawrence and may have with Smith as well. And those 3 may be what the issue with Prescott is right now, along with Cooper and Jones being up.

I don't think so with smith. He didn't ask to be the highest paid LB and didn't get paid like it either. The problem we would all have is Stephen and Jerry saying 1 thing and doing another. They need to stop saying they are going to pay Dak, it just makes them look bad especially to Dak who is waiting and probably feels hurt by their initial offer.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not for a running back it’s not. You could’ve used that money on Dak.

I was not for that contract with Zeke but honestly, that was actually a pretty good contract for the team. The way it is structured was pretty well done, IMO.

6 years 90 mil, 15 mil annually but really only 50 mil guaranteed. So basically, it's a 5 year deal with an out in year 4. Again, I don't love the contract or how it was done but as contracts go, I like the way the team put it together.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak' (VIDEO)

0204_sfy_dak_1280x720_1693484611505.vresize.1200.630.high.16.jpg

Bucky Brooks share his thoughts on reports the Dallas Cowboys plan to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott. Bucky says Dak is being disrespected in this contact negotiation. Do you agree?

Read Full Story

FYI.........there are 27 threads on this board about "Dak". Its more than every other thread on this board is about Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
good imo. i’m not comparing dak to mahomes directly, but i’d rather pay mahomes $45m a year than jared goff $35m a year or whatever he is getting. my point being letting dak prove he is worth it and paying more is 10x better than paying him more than he is actually worth in fear of him increasing his value. franchising him and waiting is the best move for the team.
Why is everyone talking about Pat Mahomes in this thread? Pat has the advantage of being able to wait out other QBs like Dak before resetting the QB market.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Especially at the QB position, it's incredibly stupid to keep waiting when you just got 4 solid seasons. He's not elite, but he's proved to be reliable. Some think it's as easy as drafting another, but this isn't the RB position. Tagging him is just dumb IMO. We could use that on players we're not sure about like Cooper. Weird no one was freaking out paying Lawrence like a king and he's been up and down.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Bucky Brooks share his thoughts on reports the Dallas Cowboys plan to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott. Bucky says Dak is being disrespected in this contact negotiation. Do you agree?

Read Full Story

Unless he knows first hand about the negotiations this guy is talking blind on something he knows nothing about. Without any first hand knowledge its reckless for his or anybody to speculate.

But with whats going on with the league and the NFLPA its easy to see what could be holding up talks and its from Daks side. The negotiations the league is doing for extra games in the season would really drive up the salary cap. Not only that but talks in the new CBA. So Daks agent IMO could very well be the one holding this up because say he settles for something on the end of the Cowboys side and all of the sudden the Cap is over 210mil which could happen if this extra game(s) negotiation goes through(which it is). Daks agent would be criticized by other agents. Theres going to be serious money added to the cap because of whats going on right now. Daks agent knows this, media knows this. But they need the click bait in the offseason.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so with smith. He didn't ask to be the highest paid LB and didn't get paid like it either. The problem we would all have is Stephen and Jerry saying 1 thing and doing another. They need to stop saying they are going to pay Dak, it just makes them look bad especially to Dak who is waiting and probably feels hurt by their initial offer.
They need to just shut the hell up....period.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak's been reaping the benefits of his position with the Cowboys in spades with the fortune he's making with his commercials. From the way he and his agent are acting, you'd think he's being exploited to no end. He surely wouldn't be reaping those benefits with most other teams. Aside from that, he's not a top five QB and has no just cause for demanding to be paid like one. If he continues to improve, he might eventually get there but not just yet. To be fair, however, Jerry and Stephen should never have spouted off about paying Dak so generously. It's on them for promising something, then offering less. Both parties are at fault and should see fit to compromise, when all is said and done.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, you're right, they were trying to get out in front of him as they tried with Prescott.

jsb357

Reaction score
after a while you learn potential cowboys drama equals "click bait"

this is not what I had in mind when I created the internet says Al Gore...

kskboys

Reaction score

Read Full Story
What a stupid take.

This has absolutely nothing to do w/ respect. To even suggest that it does is beyond dumb. Go read a book, Bucky, this is stupid.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen should have paid Dak last year, unless they're really convinced he's not the answer. If they did think he was the answer, they missed getting him on the cheap. They had to know his asking price would increase with time. If they didn't think he was the answer, well, they're acting like it by threatening him with the franchise tag. I think they're really not sold on him. I think if a quarterback falls into their laps, they'll pick him. I think this is something the Joneses and McCarthy have already talked about. I think the Joneses and McCarthy already know what they have in Dak, whether he'll improve or whether he will start a perpetual flatline in his abilities.

It will be an interesting off season and draft.
They tried. He wouldn't negotiate in good faith.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Read Full Story

Couldnt you reverse this and say that Dak is disrespecting Jerry and the Cowboys?