News: Fox: Cowboys shouldn't focus on quarterback during 2021 draft, Troy Aikman says

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this the guy?

OIP.wd0rbZ2TVU45aEo_p__-wQHaKq
Or this?
OIP.BuKDtnp2IB8U7yDK7yowUwHaFg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Using that logic anytime the D held a team down points wise Top 10 and the offense didn't score. We saw many of those games last year for example.
We did see a few of those games against the best teams in the league, I believe, yes. IIRC, Dak had very little time to throw the ball in those games, and the running game wasn't stellar either. But most of the games, the offense was lighting it up while the defense was putting out the fire.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"Nearly beat", which means we probably would have beaten them with Dak. If we take a QB with the first pick, we have at least one less high pick to select defense, and there's far from any guarantee that said QB will work out in the NFL.

I'm not saying it can't work to pick the top QB, if given the opportunity. I'm just saying I find it more likely, and a safer bet to stick with Dak.
yes BUT 38-40mil vs umm vet minimum almost did it..says something in between might be better if our Good Enough QB is producing more stats then wins..

It can be debated both ways, it has to be the toughest off season and interesting draft we have had in some time..i wouldn't want to be Jerry and CO. i Some very tough decsions because there so many different directions you can go..

a crossroads if you will..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IM not claiming be GM and i didnt make up the terms like armchair qb or backseat driver and for sure internet GM are Fake GMs especially whn they are lettings us know Jerry and his giant staff of actual Pro scouts and coaches have been doing it wrong and they can do it better..

you are playing GM ie Fake GM..

now answer the question instead of butthurt responses..
What question didn't I answer, other than the stupid Halloween thing. BTW, when you need to resort to lame insults, it doesn't make you look smarter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you think we would have lost those games earlier this season, if we had even an average defense? I don't think so.

Ive seen Dak lose plenty of times when the defense has played well.

You know if the defense plays better Dak won’t play as wide open and the offense won’t produce like that right? Just have a look in the first half of some of those games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What question didn't I answer, other than the stupid Halloween thing. BTW, when you need to resort to lame insults, it doesn't make you look smarter.
no the first reply with the internet GM tag in it it was an actual question but you got your feeling's hurt and didnt answer,,

what are you as a fake gm willing to pay Dak for being "Good Enough" thats the issue sure you can win with him but we might be talking 37-40mil for good enough?????????????

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You know if the defense plays better Dak won’t play as wide open and the offense won’t produce like that right? Just have a look in the first half of some of those games.
That seems like a coaching problem

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yes BUT 38-40mil vs umm vet minimum almost did it..says something in between might be better if our Good Enough QB is producing more stats then wins..

It can be debated both ways, it has to be the toughest off season and interesting draft we have had in some time..i wouldn't want to be Jerry and CO. i Some very tough decsions because there so many different directions you can go..

a crossroads if you will..
I would have been leaning more toward drafting a QB, if I hadn't seen how incredibly inept this offense got without Dak. He seems to cover up some warts. Is it a coincidence? Maybe, but he's definitely good enough to win a SB, with the right team and coaches, IMO.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That's not outside the realm of possibility, but is that all on Dak, or is a lot of that on the play calling?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would have been leaning more toward drafting a QB, if I hadn't seen how incredibly inept this offense got without Dak. He seems to cover up some warts. Is it a coincidence? Maybe, but he's definitely good enough to win a SB, with the right team and coaches, IMO.
exactly at a crossroads,

tough decsions have to be made that why my Hypothetical is have your cake and eat it too,,

if we are at 2, 3 trade down stay in top 10 if possible and take the best QB Left somewhere in the first and im sure you still can get defender in the first and then have more picks in the second to load up more Defenders..

heck a guy like Trask or the kid from BYU or ND could be better then the top 3 taken, it happens when's the last draft where the top 2 QBs turned out locks , i mean franchise PB possible HOF types? its been the Mid round guys or later like Rogers, Brady, Mahomes and others were better then the QBs taken ahead of them..Dak close to being the better of the qbs in his draft if you factor where he was taken with nothing given up..
this gives us a QB that either can play behind Dak but we will have him if Daks FT again holds out and or is traded..lots of options.

even if Dak signs LTD at team friendly price as we gain leverage from the injury, FT, AND have QB of the future. Possibly..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no the first reply with the internet GM tag in it it was an actual question but you got your feeling's hurt and didnt answer,,

what are you as a fake gm willing to pay Dak for being "Good Enough" thats the issue sure you can win with him but we might be talking 37-40mil for good enough?????????????
I didn't realize that was a question. I thought it was just a poorly written statement. I think $37 - $40 mil a year is high end, but acceptable, considering that what I mean by "good enough" is "good enough to win a SB".

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's not outside the realm of possibility, but is that all on Dak, or is a lot of that on the play calling?
I'm telling you, this game is more complex than calculus and people pinning things on simplicity says more about them than the team.

I always fall upon deaf, or adversarial ears though so it is what it is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
exactly at a crossroads,

tough decsions have to be made that why my Hypothetical is have your cake and eat it too,,

if we are at 2, 3 trade down stay in top 10 if possible and take the best QB Left somewhere in the first and im sure you still can get defender in the first and then have more picks in the second to load up more Defenders..

this gives us a QB that either can play behind Dak but we will have him if Daks FT again holds out and or is traded..lots of options.

even if Dak signs LTD at team friendly price as we gain leverage from the injury, FT, AND have QB of the future. Possibly..
Agreed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Heck a guy like Trask or the kid from BYU or ND could be better then the top 3 taken, it happens when's the last draft where the top 2 QBs turned out locks , i mean franchise PB possible HOF types? its been the Mid round guys or later like Rogers, Brady, Mahomes and others were better then the QBs taken ahead of them..Daks close to being the better of the qbs in his draft if you factor where he was taken with nothing given up..