News: Fox: Cowboys shouldn't focus on quarterback during 2021 draft, Troy Aikman says

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
when i worked for task force 157 we had an abbreviation SHT. specific hard target. but given the military's penchant for acronyms, it was changed to DHT. designated hard target.:)
That's some funny acronym, right there!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is exactly the antagonism I'm talking about. I guess you just need to "beef" with someone online smh. I'm pretty sure I know what this is about offline.
I can promise you that after knowing CC for a few years now, he doesn't need to beef, although he certainly can, if provoked. But he'd much rather have fun and joke with friends.

cern

Reaction score
This is far from the first time you've expressed what seems to be a dislike for Troy. Anything you wanna get off your chest? Sorry, I'm just really curious about this.
I think it inappropriate to diss jerry the way he does. It's one thing to be unbiased calling a game from the booth, but another to use his platform to denigrate the man.. you don't see romo do it. Neither did moose or short term witten. And his comments about dak and accuracy were asinine. When dak proved him wrong, he hopped on the dak train. As a player, i loved him. To his credit, Jerry has never returned fire.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it inappropriate to diss jerry the way he does. It's one thing to be unbiased calling a game from the booth, but another to use his platform to denigrate the man.. you don't see romo do it. Neither did moose or short term witten. And his comments about dak and accuracy were asinine. When dak proved him wrong, he hopped on the dak train. As a player, i loved him. To his credit, Jerry has never returned fire.
True, I don't think Jerry's ever done anything to Troy to warrant any disrespect from him. Is it because of the history between Jerry and Jimmy, or do you think Troy just feels like the team deserves better?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
True, I don't think Jerry's ever done anything to Troy to warrant any disrespect from him. Is it because of the history between Jerry and Jimmy, or do you think Troy just feels like the team deserves better?

The bad blood between Troy and Jerry stems from a few things. In no particular order.

1) Troy did not want to retire but Jerry and Co. would not release him early enough to let him latch onto another team.
2) Troy loved and respected Jimmy and really never forgave Jerry for the split.
3) Troy has professed a desire to be a GM many times.. Three guesses which team he would prefer to be GM of? And the first two don't count.

Actually bad blood is probably too strong .. more like maybe just a little frostiness in the relationship.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Troy also said that Dakota would definitely get signed to that long term contract he never got

He definitely got that long term contract - $100 million guaranteed with $50 million at signing. He turned it down.

Claiming it never happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.