Video: FOX: Doug Gottlieb: Cowboys should trade up and draft Tua Tagovailoa 'We've seen Dak's ceiling'

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See i happen to agree with you on this it's just as much as i think there are worse QB's than Dak out there i happen to think there are better and to me that represents a QB that is average or maybe slightly better than average, and while you can win with that if everything around him is very very good i don't think that is what you want from a franchise QB
If that’s what he is I agree. But in the back of my head I can’t help but remember how Big Ben and Russell were earlier in their careers. They were dependent on the supporting casts around them early on.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No.. I don’t care about their production.. I care about their talent going forward.

This is how you evaluate players going into the NFL.

Them playing well is only the first step.

Tua is on another level when it comes to understanding the passing game, reading defenses, and throwing accurate passes.

QBs aren’t coming into the league and falling flat on their face for the most part now days anyways..
Baker mayfield says hello. So does Johnny manziel and Winston and the list continues. I forgot. You have a crystal ball and can predict the future

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He very well could’ve hit his ceiling. I think there are some attributes he’s gotten better at. I think his deep ball last season was the best it’s been since being here. I thought last season he did a much better job if not taking sacks.

I also think he played for the one head coach who refuses to take advantage of things you do well. I feel that about a lot of guys on this team. I feel like their motto was to fit a square peg in a round hole. So part of my optimism with a new coach and seeing someone actually take advantage of the skill set some of these guys have.

I think you missed his point. Garrett isn’t at fault for inaccurate passes but if guys aren’t prepared and if guys aren't being used properly that will effect play on the field. Not knowing what to do with a mobile quarterback is criminal.
You either see it or you don't, and if you have to keep making excuses for lack of than you obviously will never see it.
Putting a skilled athlete in the hands of a better coach is always a positive, but if you know anything about this game at this level, is that changing, evolving a player like Dak at the hardest position in the game is virtually an impossibility,, we came close with the Romo tenure, investment, failure.
It comes down to if as a fan you accept entertainment value, or you expect victory.
If all you want is entertainment value/level on sundays, than by all means buy in to the new tenure/investment in Dak.
Some fans actually expect more, and are willing to take the risks involved to obtain that level of play.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Baker mayfield says hello. So does Johnny manziel and Winston and the list continues. I forgot. You have a crystal ball and can predict the future

Baker Mayfield can say hello all he wants.. He’s nowhere near as good as Tua and he played in a conference that plays no defense.

You can go back to draft threads and see that I wasn’t a big fan of Baker.

Bakers problem is he is a knucklehead..

Same goes for Winston. I was also not a fan of his coming out either.

Tua is not a knucklehead.. He has the exact intangibles you look for.. He also produced in the SEC.. Not the big 12 no defense conference.

1 other thing.. They didn’t go to a team that was built for a QB to be in an optimal environment like Dallas had.

Let Dak get drafted by Tampa or Cleveland and let’s see how he does.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield can say hello all he wants.. He’s nowhere near as good as Tua and he played in a conference that plays no defense.

You can go back to draft threads and see that I wasn’t a big fan of Baker.

Bakers problem is he is a knucklehead..

Same goes for Winston. I was also not a fan of his coming out either.

Tua is not a knucklehead.. He has the exact intangibles you look for.. He also produced in the SEC.. Not the big 12 no defense conference.

1 other thing.. They didn’t go to a team that was built for a QB to be in an optimal environment like Dallas had.

Let Dak get drafted by Tampa or Cleveland and let’s see how he does.
Improving every year you mean?

Flamma

Reaction score
See that’s where I disagree. I think you could very well get worse than Dak. It’s also not a given a player catches on as quick as Dak did.

That is a perfectly fine opinion. You could be dead on spot. I realize there is more than one way to approach this. They're all valid barring the ridiculous we see here sometimes.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We are on a sports forum. No one is "protecting Dak at all costs". We are either going to agree or disagree. And you are suggesting do to Dak what was done to Alex Smith but Alex SMith was in his 30's when that happened. It was time to happen.

And if you look at Dak in comparison with other quarterbacks his age and still think he's not very good than that's a reflection of your eyes and your understanding of football. And that's fine. We are just seeing two different things.
If you’re out here saying I’m a troll for some light bs like you’re claiming you’re on your protect Dak at all cost bs. Using your logic in 4/5 years we should do that to Dak since 31-32 is dog years as a qb using your logic on this one. Let’s be real sir nobody is trying to get rid of QBs of any status at 31-32 who you think you’re fooling?

Yep Dak isn’t that good and if you think you have better eyes cool. End of the day though you’re at the same place I’m at so guess your eyes and understanding of football aren’t markedly better than mine either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Improving every year you mean?

Who Dak?

He improves at the micro but the macro is still the same.. High end bus driver..

I shouldn’t have to argue about a QB that was so inept against quality opponents and was an absolute no show in the biggest game of the year..

I shouldn’t have to argue about a QB that had almost no playoff success in an optimal situation while he was making pennies towards the salary cap..

Dak goes as the team goes.. He’s not an elevator and for what he wants financially and what we need to win a championship it just won’t work out..

It’s obvious.. Don’t believe me? Just sit back and watch.. If you didn’t learn with Romo maybe you’ll learn this time as well as the rest of the NFL and these stupid QB contracts they just have to hand out.

If Dallas elects to participate in the stupidity market they will get the results everyone else does with high paid QBs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You either see it or you don't, and if you have to keep making excuses for lack of than you obviously will never see it.
Putting a skilled athlete in the hands of a better coach is always a positive, but if you know anything about this game at this level, is that changing, evolving a player like Dak at the hardest position in the game is virtually an impossibility,, we came close with the Romo tenure, investment, failure.
It comes down to if as a fan you accept entertainment value, or you expect victory.
If all you want is entertainment value/level on sundays, than by all means buy in to the new tenure/investment in Dak.
Some fans actually expect more, and are willing to take the risks involved to obtain that level of play.
So because we differ in opinions that means your opinion is right and mine is wrong?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You can’t judge a qb after one year lay off the coke. Also what does your comment have to do with what my point was?
My point was relevant to your comment. They have drafted 2 busts. Maybe they can go for trifecta this year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No your point wasn’t relevant to my point at all. You just wanted to quote me smh
You brought up Arizona drafting 2 QBs in the top 10 in back to back years and I chimed in they were 0-2 in their selections. Deal with it.

Adreme

Reaction score
You brought up Arizona drafting 2 QBs in the top 10 in back to back years and I chimed in they were 0-2 in their selections. Deal with it.

I would not say they are 0-2. They certainly 0-1 but Murray looks like they may have a hit. So you can say they are 0-2 all you want but you can also say the sky is green and it is just as factually true because Murray was actually able to look decent behind the worst OLine in football which an incredible achievement.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I would not say they are 0-2. They certainly 0-1 but Murray looks like they may have a hit. So you can say they are 0-2 all you want but you can also say the sky is green and it is just as factually true.
Yep. I am calling it 0-2. I like to be a harsh judge on QBs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I did deal with it by saying you out here acting like a scorned lover that just wanted to quote me while your post has nothing to do with my point. I know anything involving smarts aren’t your strong suit but try to make sense when you post stalker smh.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I did deal with it by saying you out here acting like a scorned lover that just wanted to quote me while your post has nothing to do with my point. I know anything involving smarts aren’t your strong suit but try to make sense when you post stalker smh.
And I ruffled your sensitive feathers again. You’re just a little female dog.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
And I ruffled your sensitive feathers again. You’re just a little female dog.
No 30k earner can ruffle my feathers sir and as for the second part that's just funny but that's what I expect from your caliber of people

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No 30k earner can ruffle my feathers sir and as for the second part that's just funny but that's what I expect from your caliber of people
That’s right. You want us to believe you are a rich kid better than us working people. Maybe others will buy your online persona but I don’t. I don’t even buy for a second you are a Cowboys fan.

So, are the Cardinals going to give it another go on drafting a QB in the top 10 for a 3rd straight year?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I would not say they are 0-2. They certainly 0-1 but Murray looks like they may have a hit. So you can say they are 0-2 all you want but you can also say the sky is green and it is just as factually true because Murray was actually able to look decent behind the worst OLine in football which an incredible achievement.
Murray was literally the Rookie of the Year. I see you are relatively new here, keep in mind there are a lot of geriatric trolls on here who don’t even watch football. When someone says something that outlandishly stupid, look at their posting history. You’ll see plenty more. Don’t take my word for it... just look.