Video: FOX: Doug Gottlieb: Cowboys should trade up and draft Tua Tagovailoa 'We've seen Dak's ceiling'

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Murray was literally the Rookie of the Year. I see you are relatively new here, keep in mind there are a lot of geriatric trolls on here who don’t even watch football. When someone says something that outlandishly stupid, look at their posting history. You’ll see plenty more. Don’t take my word for it... just look.
and to further expand, since he is new here, you have posters here who have a critical eye for Dak yet don’t like other QBs being judged with the same critical eye.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
there are a lot of QBs that have a good sr. year, kind of put it all together and then turn into good College QBs. Tua has not progressed over the years at bama. I am sorry I am just not sold on Tua and see him as a boom or bust, but mostly a bust who will get drafted high, but be average in college. like I said I see more Marriotta in him than anything else.

and my point about the pundits was that there is a lot of them with opinions, including those about Tua, yet you choose to accept the tua reports, and lean towards those that say dak isn't good. I can understand you doing that since you are advocating for Tua and against keeping Dak.

and still yet, Tua is out of reach since he probably will go top 5 since teams like to take chances on QBs. we don't have any draft capital that we can leverage to move up to get Tua and if we do, with as many holes as we have on this team, we will be handicapping ourselves for years to come

It's hard to show significant progress when you're already at the top. Moreover, anybody could tell you that Bama's defense the past two years hasn't been as dominant as in years past.
Nevertheless, we can agree to disagree.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Doug Gottlieb: Cowboys should trade up and draft Tua Tagovailoa 'We've seen Dak's ceiling' (VIDEO)

tua_1280x720_1700962883685.vresize.1200.630.high.72.jpg

In a recent interview, Tua Tagovailoa said that he would enjoy playing for the Dallas Cowboys. Hear Doug Gottlieb make a case for the Cowboys to let Dak Prescott walk in order to trade up and select Tua in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Read Full Story
Who is Dog Gottlieb? Never heard of him!

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield can say hello all he wants.. He’s nowhere near as good as Tua and he played in a conference that plays no defense.

You can go back to draft threads and see that I wasn’t a big fan of Baker.

Bakers problem is he is a knucklehead..

Same goes for Winston. I was also not a fan of his coming out either.

Tua is not a knucklehead.. He has the exact intangibles you look for.. He also produced in the SEC.. Not the big 12 no defense conference.

1 other thing.. They didn’t go to a team that was built for a QB to be in an optimal environment like Dallas had.

Let Dak get drafted by Tampa or Cleveland and let’s see how he does.

Alabama quarterbacks,,, they suck.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
yeah 33 TD's and almost 5000 yards. I'll take that ceiling every year.

While those numbers are seemingly impressive, if you watched every single game this season, you know that context is needed when looking at the stats.

I hate to be negative, but Dak really did light it up against bottom feeders: Giants, Skins, Lions, Dolphins, etc.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yep. I am calling it 0-2. I like to be a harsh judge on QBs.
Did people not see the offensive line Murray just played behind along with Larry Fitzgerald approaching 40 years old as his best weapon... :facepalm:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not emotional about it like some that’s how. Some people truly think you keep improving for forever and then just fall off the cliff but it don’t work like that. Why do you people come with this emotional mentioning Romo bs like my answer would change? Get out of your feelings because the answer is the same. 4/5 years of starting for the majority of players period are where they will be as a player for the rest of their prime career.

Nice rant, but you avoided that question, like the Coronavirus.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Did people not see the offensive line Murray just played behind along with Larry Fitzgerald approaching 40 years old as his best weapon... :facepalm:
Excuses. 5-10-1. Beat the likes of Bengals, Giants, Browns and Falcons. Had 1 win against a winning team. Needed to face an extremely injured Seahawks team. #1 pick needs to do better than that. We don't do excuses here at the Cowboyszone. You either put up or shut up.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What part of the 33 million a year that Dak reportedly turned down last year was cheap?

How did Jerry mess this up with offering that kind of money?
Give me how many years then we can discuss this. 33 million for 6 or 7 years does become cheap in Dak's world. My world?? I'd be in 7 heaven.:laugh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Murray was literally the Rookie of the Year. I see you are relatively new here, keep in mind there are a lot of geriatric trolls on here who don’t even watch football. When someone says something that outlandishly stupid, look at their posting history. You’ll see plenty more. Don’t take my word for it... just look.
Are you talking in third person?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So he doesn't make players around him better?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tua is far from a sure thing. Replacing one question mark with an even bigger question mark is not a solution IMO lol

Bingo!!!!! ........let's start with injury question mark. Can Tua guarantee you 4 years of starting every NFL game?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bingo!!!!! ........let's start with injury question mark. Can Tua guarantee you 4 years of starting every NFL game?

We will find out his medical soon enough..

If everything checks out and you have a chance to get this guy then it's a go.

Tua is a special player.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doug Gottlieb: Cowboys should trade up and draft Tua Tagovailoa 'We've seen Dak's ceiling' (VIDEO)

tua_1280x720_1700962883685.vresize.1200.630.high.72.jpg

In a recent interview, Tua Tagovailoa said that he would enjoy playing for the Dallas Cowboys. Hear Doug Gottlieb make a case for the Cowboys to let Dak Prescott walk in order to trade up and select Tua in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Read Full Story
Spot on and Lions don't need him!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s definitely reached his ceiling but like I said I can’t convince folks that stay with the first girl they kiss that Dak is average so believe what you want. If this is what happens when he’s the best on offense I don’t need more of that stuff
Lol.....that’s what you trolls were telling us 3 years ago and dak has continued to embarrass you.

“Dak is a backup”.

remember that troll?

So dak, with the horrid Garrett can’t get better with a real HC?

Another laughable comment that will get blown out of the water like the rest.