Video: FOX: Doug Gottlieb: Dak is not a top-10 QB, but Cowboys have no choice but to pay him like one

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doug Gottlieb: Dak Prescott is not a top-10 QB, but the Cowboys have no choice but to pay him like one (VIDEO)

dak2.vresize.1200.630.high.57.jpg

The franchise tag deadline is next Monday an the Dallas Cowboys decision with Dak Prescott is looming. Hear why Doug Gottlieb thinks that Dak has the Cowboys between a rock and a hard place because he will get top-tier QB money despite not being one.

Read Full Story

Carson

Reaction score
I'm not one put Dak on some sort of pedestal, but I'd be interested in his top 10 that didn't include Dak. I take that back, I'm not interested because it would be a stupid list.

WeNtZ aNd GoFf ArE sO mUcH BeTtEr

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas will pay him and win nothing unless the CBA saves the day.

A slightly above average QB that is in a optimal situation and has no playoff success is about to get paid elite QB money lol.. Ignore all the trends Cowboys because you will have fans that applaud this.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Dallas will pay him and win nothing unless the CBA saves the day.

A slightly above average QB that is in a optimal situation and has no playoff success is about to get paid elite QB money lol.. Ignore all the trends Cowboys because you will have fans that applaud this.
I wouldn’t say having a horrible head coach that nobody else wanted as a head coach as a “optimal situation”

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not getting that 7:02 back. Ever.

Same old same old. Just a different guy with a mic.

"You cannot win by paying Dak Prescott!."

Fine.

Now tell me a feasible way of replacing Prescott that Jerry Jones agrees with.

"Trade up for Tua!"

That takes finding a trade partner or partners and packaging picks. Give me realistic details.

"uh. Sign Brady!"

Again. Takes two to tango. Brady is an unrestricted free agent. He has the opportunity to go where he wants to go. What does Jerry Jones do that will guarantee Brady signs with Dallas?

"oh shoot. wait. YOU CANNOT WIN BY PAYING DAK PRESCOTT!"

Circular nonsense. :facepalm:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say having a horrible head coach that nobody else wanted as a head coach as a “optimal situation”

Dak has been put on a firm foundation for any QB and as much as I don’t like Garrett he ran the offense in a way that depended on talent to beat talent and Dak just wasn’t good enough to do much in that time.

Fortunately for Dak we played Washington and the Giants 4 times or he wouldn’t have decent numbers to fall back on.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Before we go there, lets ignore total yards. Winston was 1st in total yards and just about no one has him as even a top 20 QB.

Dak was 10th in passer rating last year. People like Goff and Wentz were not in front of him. There are a few that are in front of him that can be debated, like Carr but Rodgers was behind Dak and so was Watson and Brady.

IMO, around 10th is a fair rating for Dak. I can understand arguing a few of the faces both in front and behind him but when trying to be objective, I think its a pretty reasonable place to put down a peg.

Personally, I think its better to tier people. I would say this:
Tier I: Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Jackson, Wilson
Tier II: Dak, Watson, Tannehill, Cousins, Stafford, Garropollo, Wentz, Brady
Tier III: Goff, Carr, Ryan, etc.