Video: FOX: Doug Gottlieb: Dak is not a top-10 QB, but Cowboys have no choice but to pay him like one

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Saying Dak isn’t top 10 is a lazy opinion based on the opinion that guys like Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Cam, etc. are still top 10 quarterbacks. You can’t name 10 guys flat out better than Dak. You just can’t. You can name some guys either better than him or just as good but you still not coming up with 10 names.

irving

Reaction score
Saying Dak isn’t top 10 is a lazy opinion based on the opinion that guys like Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Cam, etc. are still top 10 quarterbacks. You can’t name 10 guys flat out better than Dak. You just can’t. You can name some guys either better than him or just as good but you still not coming up with 10 names.
You’re correct, Gottlieb is a clown most of the time. He says things to get attention.

LittleD

Reaction score

Doesn't matter one bit...I would take Brady or Brees right now at their advanced ages over Dak anyday and twice on Sunday. Dak is not top ten but probably top 15 at best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't matter one bit...I would take Brady or Brees right now at their advanced ages over Dak anyday and twice on Sunday. Dak is not top ten but probably top 15 at best.
That’s your opinion. I’d personally take Dak over them. Doesn’t mean one of us is wrong or right but it’s a credit to the player Dak is. There’s the Mahomes, Russ, Rodgers is the world and after that you can argue who’s better outside of those guys. Dak is in the mix just like Brees, Brady, Dak, Wentz, Cousins, Watson, etc. And no matter how many times or how many players you’d take over him it doesn’t make him a inferior quarterback to those guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
this is what is funny. Dak is the best in the league but we couldn't get 2 first for him if we tried to trade him. pay him like he's top 5 or 10 but you can't trade him like he is. lmao
What teams would give up 2 firsts for anyone except Mahomes? I wouldn’t trade 2 firsts for any quarterback outside of Mahomes. That’s a silly way to gauge how good or bad someone is based on two first rounders in a trade.

LittleD

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. I’d personally take Dak over them. Doesn’t mean one of us is wrong or right but it’s a credit to the player Dak is. There’s the Mahomes, Russ, Rodgers is the world and after that you can argue who’s better outside of those guys. Dak is in the mix just like Brees, Brady, Dak, Wentz, Cousins, Watson, etc. And no matter how many times or how many players you’d take over him it doesn’t make him a inferior quarterback to those guys.

Good for you. You and Jerry will continue to lose big games, one & done in the playoffs, and no further SB visits. Enjoy!!!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
this is what is funny. Dak is the best in the league but we couldn't get 2 first for him if we tried to trade him. pay him like he's top 5 or 10 but you can't trade him like he is. lmao
I wonder would someone give up 2 first for Mahommes??? Maybe not because he hasn’t done it long enough you know lol

Jenky

Reaction score

Agreed. Years ago people would offer a kings ransom for Andrew Luck. Prescott isnt sniffing that type of value.

Jenky

Reaction score
What teams would give up 2 firsts for anyone except Mahomes? I wouldn’t trade 2 firsts for any quarterback outside of Mahomes. That’s a silly way to gauge how good or bad someone is based on two first rounders in a trade.

Russell Wilson would yield that.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I'd like to see Gottlieb list the 10 QBs that had better seasons last year.
He must have been exaggerating for effect.

Prescott's 2019 ranks
3rd in ESPN Total Adj EPA
2nd in SIS Total Points
4th in Total QBR (ESPN)
4th in Air Yards/Completion (PFR)
6th in ANY/A (Football Perspective)
6th in DVOA (Football Outsiders)
6th in CPOE (Next Gen)
7th in EPA/play
10th in PFF offense grade
10th in NFL passer rating

bewp7

Reaction score
they do have a choice lol

in sports whenever a team signs a player to a bad contract that everyone knows is bad and the only justification fans and media have is “they had no choice” it always ends horribly.

also don’t let fans and media influence decisions at all because most of them are dumb (i know i’m dumb!)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Russell Wilson would yield that.
He may. I wouldn’t do it but for arguments sake let’s say you could. That’s two guys out of the whole league. It’s stupid to try and gauge someone’s talent based on them getting 2 first rounders. Doesn’t mean you suck.