News: Fox: Micah Parsons passionately defends podcast despite pushback from teammate

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I really don't have an issue with the idea of Micah having a podcast, the issue I have is that Micah's podcast has been pretty bad up to this point.

It's no different than doing interviews with the media....some guys are really good at it, some don't handle it as well. Micah might be my favorite Cowboy right now, and I think he is the best pass rusher in the NFL, but he isnt great with a mic in front of him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its about focus on football during the season. running a podcast, takes a lot of time. its a side business that needs attention, time and focus. during football season focus should be on football only, not getting ready and planning a podcast.
Except he is not doing all that ....... the guys who run the podcast for him do all that ...... he just walks in and talks ......... did you think Micah actually runs his podcast? :laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

Michael Irvin stabbed Everett McIver (who was a 5 year vet free agent) because McIver would not let Mike cut in line for a haircut ........ Mike started cussing McIver and McIver grapped him and started shaking him ..... Leon Lett broke them up and Irvin grabbed a pair of scissors and stabbed McIver in the neck, barely missing his carotid artery.

Jerry Jones paid McIver a lot of money to help cover up the attempted murder and the Cowboys doctors patched him up.
regardless. during the season he was all business. during practice he was all passion. a single incident vs. running a podcast business during the season.

the question is about distractions.

and when/if Parsons brings a trophy to Dallas, then I will eat crow.

Micahel Irvin was a top 3 WR who elevated his game in post season. including AIkman....now you are defending this punk parsons and dissing on old cowboys who brought championships and rings to this franchise?

what in the heck!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Except he is not doing all that ....... the guys who run the podcast for him do all that ...... he just walks in and talks ......... did you think Micah actually runs his podcast? :laugh:
no, he is involved. he has to be going over weekly plan. he has to get ready for the podcast, there is a lot that goes into getting ready for that.

no one persons runs all the business by himself/herself. they delegate but they are deeply involved.

it is a distraction. so far the results on the field and post season look like it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micahel Irvin was a top 3 WR who elevated his game in post season. including AIkman....now you are defending this punk parsons and dissing on old cowboys who brought championships and rings to this franchise?

what in the heck!!!
You are defending a drug addict who tried to kill a teammate over a haircut.

What the heck???

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Do a podcast and suck in the playoffs and you are a donkey. Do a podcast and dominate they playoffs and you are a God. Like it or not the podcast doesn't matter and Parsons so far is a donkey.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
no, he is involved. he has to be going over weekly plan. he has to get ready for the podcast, there is a lot that goes into getting ready for that.

no one persons runs all the business by himself/herself. they delegate but they are deeply involved.

it is a distraction. so far the results on the field and post season look like it.
Bull ....... he is not doing any of that ,,,,,, which is probably why is podcast is so bad.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this punk parsons
I knew I would get to the bottom of this if I looked long enough ....... you just do not like Parsons

Cannot believe I wasted my time arguing with you.

It wouldn't matter what he did ....... you would find fault with it.

Have a nice day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can see both sides. On one side, I loved to see Malik’s concerns about the podcast. When the team is struggling to stop the run and Micah rushing the passer all the time thanks to Quinn, he’s an easy target for not being fully committed. At least the perception. As far as Micah‘s podcast, I have no problem with it. He’s doing it on his off day and during the season, players take their off days seriously, i.e. rest and recovery. It’s basically a non-story if you ask me. But as someone said, many here just like to complain. About EVERYTHING.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I do not get the hatred about this

He is not off doing drugs and getting arrested for beating his baby momma .......... you don't see him on the news surrounded by cheap women ...... you do not see videos of him at clubs smoking a "cigar" at 2 in the morning.

Instead of all that ........ he spends his free time doing a podcast.

Why do people not like that?
Well said

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
heck, its all about money. so that's all parsons cares about. he learned from Jerry and when the owner doesn't care why should the employees?
This. It's all these young guys have known. Fake coaching, no consequences, prison rules. Just go for the money and the popularity. Oh, yeah...a Super Bowl would be nice, too, unless we're too tired, then it's whatever. But mostly money and social media cred.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

He is not off doing drugs and getting arrested for beating his baby momma .......... you don't see him on the news surrounded by cheap women ...... you do not see videos of him at clubs smoking a "cigar" at 2 in the morning.

I don't hate what he is doing, but from a business perspective I think he should get some media 101 training to temper some of the fodder he is throwing out there in the public airwaves.

Like Jerry he needs some more sharpening up of his public voice.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Kelce’s have the top podcast and both of them have had time to go to multiple playoffs and SB’s.

Let Micah do whatever he wants

shabazz

Reaction score

Agree. I don't care about his free time.....I care more about his performances in the losses against the Bills, Packers, and Dolphins.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score

Exactly the Micah parsons hate on this site sometimes is crazy. The guy is literally runner up for spot every year he’s been in the league. He hasn’t been a problem off the field. I just don’t get the criticism. I personally like his podcast.

Also the notion “he doesn’t perform in the playoffs”. He’s been in four playoff games… 3 of those 4 his defenses played well enough to win the game. Last year in GB I don’t get what people wanted him to do when they literally ran the ball right at Quinn’s defense. One player can’t do it all