News: FoxSports: Cowboys top list of most valuable NFL franchises at $9.2 billion

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
wish it would tank

jerry dont diserve so much money
I don't know why you say that. The team was not making money when he purchased it years ago. He has turned that around. He won 3 sb's after a team rebuild. Yes I know, Jimmy was the mastermind but JJ has done great from a business standpoint. Now all we need is a SB Jimmy. Please. :laugh:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So, winning 25 games in 2 years is nothing. You must be miserable.
....and what has that gotten Dallas when it matters? Oh yeah, bounced 2 years in a row by SF in the playoffs. (oh, and since 1995-1996 (last Super Bowl season) Dallas is 232-202 in terms of regular season record with a 5-12 playoff record)

You would think with that record the last 27 seasons you would be miserable too....wanna be Rambo.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't know why you say that. The team was not making money when he purchased it years ago. He has turned that around. He won 3 sb's after a team rebuild. Yes I know, Jimmy was the mastermind but JJ has done great from a business standpoint. Now all we need is a SB Jimmy. Please. :laugh:
They have also built a very good current team.

rambo2

Reaction score
....and what has that gotten Dallas when it matters? Oh yeah, bounced 2 years in a row by SF in the playoffs. (oh, and since 1995-1996 (last Super Bowl season) Dallas is 232-202 in terms of regular season record with a 5-12 playoff record)

You would think with that record the last 27 seasons you would be miserable too....wanna be Rambo.
Last year they were 12 and 5. 1 and 1 in the playoffs and they beat playoff teams during the regular season. They have improved that team. They are better and a contender. What matters is they are good now and they will be good going forward.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Last year they were 12 and 5. 1 and 1 in the playoffs and they beat playoff teams during the regular season. They have improved that team. They are better and a contender. What matters is they are good now and they will be good going forward.
They are good now? This season will tell. As for good going forward, I am amazed at your Nostradamus like visions.

Praxit

Reaction score
..by the end of 23'. 10 billion, after we reach NFCCG.. ; )..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
And this the reason Jerry would never sell his golden goose who lays the golden eggs. Will be his legacy to his family and their families down the line. Better get used to one of the Jones' being owner.... hope one gets smart enough to finally hire qualified people to run the football side of it. May not happen in our life times unfortunately.

plasticman

Reaction score
Do you know where he got that 9.2 billion? Us!

He's the best at milking the fans for cash!

His price structuring and bundling games has practically driven Joe Fan out of the stadium in favor of corporate purchases. He has made use of the Cowboys rich history to get rich but thumbs his nose at those that created that history.

How in the world can a team win a championship when the GM is involved with ticket sales, stadium construction, media, selling the AT&T stadium as an entertainment venue, etc, etc, etc...........

This is not an honor. This is an outrage.

Reaction score
I wish the NFL would do away with the salary cap so we could buy some more super bowls. :)
I've got someone here telling me the cap is an illusion and we can sign everybody we want every year, no repercussions... pretty sure Jerry would jump on that and get himself another Superbowl.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Say what you want about JJ -

He's a great owner, he's a terrible owner
He's a great GM, he's a terrible GM

When it's all said and done, he owns the most valuable sports team in the world despite not sniffing a championship in almost 3 decades. He's played us all for fools.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I've got someone here telling me the cap is an illusion and we can sign everybody we want every year, no repercussions... pretty sure Jerry would jump on that and get himself another Superbowl.
You are touching on something here that I have been thinking about for a while. Parity. All NFL teams have the same salary cap so they all have the same budget limits when it comes to player salaries. For the past couple of decades at least they have had the NFL combine and all have the same data on the top prospects. They also share computer data now on all potential draft choices. They all have an equal opportunity with the players in free agency. So they are on equal footing in developing a player roster. They all have the same chance at developing a championship roster. The variables are coaching hires and making in season adjustments to the roster through signing and trades. With parity a well managed team should have been to the Super Bowl a couple of times since the '95 season. They are competing against 15 other conference teams to get to the SB. The odds tell us that Dallas should have been there a couple of times the past 28 years with good management.