News: FoxSports: Cowboys top list of most valuable NFL franchises at $9.2 billion

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for Jerry. :popcorn:

The things people never stop whining about….and it is not all tax free…..

And look at the millions of charities they contribute to. But no one wants to talk about that.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would like to know how they quantify that number....because the new stadium is so over-rated. And the brand....has been tarnished. Sure isn't what Tom Laundry made it.

:popcorn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And every single one of us in CZ is contributing to Jerry's Dallas Cowboys continuing to be the #1 NFL most valuable franchise!

loool :muttley:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If I owned the Cowboys in 1988 I would've never sold the team to Jerry Jones.

Almost every professional sports franchise is a guaranteed many times over increase over the years in ROI, especially one that comes with the moniker "America's Team".

ArtClink

Reaction score
Like you wouldn't want 9 billion dollars!
You can still get your 9 mill and relinquish control to a real football gm and give your hc real power which would allow this playoff irrelevant franchise to finally win a Div playoff game. But the fuhrer and son insist on controlling everything winning be damned.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Almost every professional sports franchise is a guaranteed many times over increase over the years in ROI.
Jerry bought the most indestructible franchise in sports history and even dragging it into the mud the past near three decades isn’t even making a dent in the fanbase.

If only the Staubach group could have bought the team in 89, we’d have five more Super Bowls instead of three in the Jimmy gets all the credit era. Staubach would have always put winning above all else. What could have been.

erod

Reaction score
Seems the more and more they're worth, the less and less they play like the real Dallas Cowboys they used to be.

Aven8

Reaction score
What I would like to know is what are all the assets the cowboys have that make them worth 9.2 billion???????????
No one ever thinks about that or asks lol.

Keep in mind, this is not Jerrys total worth. That would be different and I guess higher.

I used to think the stadium made up a large portion of the worth, like around 5-6 billion of it, but I have been told he doesnt own it
and neither do the cowboys.

The Assets I know of are the ones in frisco they have 2-3 there I forget what they call them, one is where they practice.

The other thing to think about is the "Cowboys" is a organization like a company, which may still be tax exempt lol,
So does that have 7 billion in the bank , and jerry just uses it in a way where he doesnt have to pay taxes on any of the money

Pretty good scam if you ask me, billion dollar companys that dont have to pay those pesky old income taxes like the rest of us!!
he makes from the cowboys?

Thats could be why jerry and SJ, and CJ etc are all just employees of the org, which they pay themselves a hefty salary and pay taxes on that,
But the rest is banked without income paying taxes.

If only al capone had had a NFL team he would never gone to prison ! Just use the team to run all his money thru and not pay taxes.

Just so you know the tax thing was put into effect back when the teams had a hard time making $ before giant tv contracts, and psl's etc.
I remember he had to chip in a ton of his own money and the Arlington tax payers paid the other part. He owns at least part of it if not all

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I hate Jerry Jones as owner. Don’t really care for him as a human being. But the real disaster would’ve been if Bum Bright had maintained ownership of the team, and not sold it to Jerry Jones. That guy was way more bum than bright.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Almost every professional sports franchise is a guaranteed many times over increase over the years in ROI, especially one that comes with the moniker "America's Team".
It's like I've always said - Jones is actually losing money. The Cowboys would be worth at least 1 billion more if they had won a SB or two the last 28 years. We know the biggest reason why they haven't.

But then again, it is not exactly unusual for the evil and incompetent to find themselves swimming in billions in this fallen world. Plenty of examples.