Practice Squad Francis Bernard Waived

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure they’ll sign someone else.
No reason they won’t or can’t if Lee and/or Gifford aren’t ready to go by game day. It’s a backup LB/special teams player, and there should be some to choose from when teams make cuts. On top of that, if Bernard ends up on the practice squad he can still be added to the roster any time he’s needed.

quickccc

Reaction score
If Cowboys cut Bernard ... then that means simply tells me that he wasn't that impressive as we were made to believe he was ...

you dont gamble with that waiver- practice squad manuever. . Expect another NFL team to pick him up .

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This is what I mean by Dumbo GM. You are counting on veterans on defense that have been either unreliable (suspended) or unavailable(injured) instead of playing young players to develop as starters. Then someone snatch them up from cut or practice squad.

This team will not sniff a NFC Championship game without a reliable, consistent, and play making defense.

quickccc

Reaction score
Waiting to see what Cowboys have in mind as far as LB depth , and expect add-ons from waiver wire ... because our LB Depth absolutely SUCKS !!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Could they be going heavy at CB/S (maybe Carr is getting signed) and DE? They could actually carry 6 DEs (when Gregory is back) - Gregory, Smith, Lawrence, Griffen, Anea and Armstrong?

Kind of surprising given the reports on how good he looked in camp.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I see what's going on here. The kid makes Dak look bad by intercepting a ball and now he's no longer on the team. Maybe Dez missed a few snake callouts on his way to leaving the team.

I kid, I kid. (Maybe)

75boyz

Reaction score
This is what I mean by Dumbo GM. You are counting on veterans on defense that have been either unreliable (suspended) or unavailable(injured) instead of playing young players to develop as starters. Then someone snatch them up from cut or practice squad.

This team will not sniff a NFC Championship game without a reliable, consistent, and play making defense.

Gotta admit this is pretty sound logic from a typical GM perspective in team building.

Typically sound logic and Cowboys GM are indeed oxymorons, lol.

Go Cowboys

cowboyec

Reaction score
didnt see that coming.
i thought he was having a good camp...guess not.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Damn.......this gonna shock a lot of posters. LOL.......some had him in the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowl? Pffft. Try NFL all-bicentennial team when the NFL turns 200 in the year 2119. He'll be the only unanimous selection.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could they be going heavy at CB/S (maybe Carr is getting signed) and DE? They could actually carry 6 DEs (when Gregory is back) - Gregory, Smith, Lawrence, Griffen, Anea and Armstrong?

Kind of surprising given the reports on how good he looked in camp.

I'm fine with going with 2 linebackers if it means we can keep 10 cornerbacks.