Practice Squad Francis Bernard Waived

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Terrible move. Lee on IR. Gifford hurt too. Are we really going to go into the season with like 4 LB’s. And I would have cut March before Francis

And you make that decision from not attending one practice, not one! I think I’ll take their expertise and experience to make these types of decisions.

blueblood70

Reaction score

New coaches are sending a message that most of their defenders from 2019 were bad and are cleaning house..i bet they scour the cut and waiver wire and fund a LB or two plus a safety if not ET..

they will not accept bad anymore.. marinelli and Richard sure messed up that defense, isnt it like 60% overturned from last year?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I was one who really thought he made the team. Interesting even after IR'ing Lee. I suppose this means they like Luke Gifford a lot even though I have not heard his name at all this TC.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrible move. Lee on IR. Gifford hurt too. Are we really going to go into the season with like 4 LB’s. And I would have cut March before Francis
Lee has to be on the 53 for 1 day at the initial cuts before being moved to IR-return.

Same for any other players that they want to put on IR-return.

When they move Lee and anybody else to IR-return, then they'll sign or re-sign other players.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is what I mean by Dumbo GM. You are counting on veterans on defense that have been either unreliable (suspended) or unavailable(injured) instead of playing young players to develop as starters. Then someone snatch them up from cut or practice squad.

This team will not sniff a NFC Championship game without a reliable, consistent, and play making defense.
You think the GM made this decision, rather than the coach?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Lee has to be on the 53 for 1 day at the initial cuts before being moved to IR-return.

Same for any other players that they want to put on IR-return.

When they move Lee and anybody else to IR-return, then they'll sign or re-sign other players.

sounds like Lee is going to be ready to return in a week and they went the 4 week route of letting him rest with the sports hernia.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So they cut LB Francis Bernard who was tearing it up throughout all of training camp and proving he could not only start but be ready as a backup especially since Sean Lee is starting on IR, but the Cowboys are going to keep 3rd string QB Dinucci on the 53 manned roster even though Dak already has his backup in Andy Dalton?

Using personal favoritism here, McCarthy?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You think the GM made this decision, rather than the coach?
nope but the jerry haters like to spread that Narrtiove..im sure Nolan first, LB coach second, and then MM were in a pow wow over it and told jerry the GM this is who they had up for releases..jerrys not taking part in any roster decsions other then trades and acquiring new talent but no way is running rouge..he delegates like anyone else..

fivetwos

Reaction score
sounds like Lee is going to be ready to return in a week and they went the 4 week route of letting him rest with the sports hernia.
Yeah but how much longer before he is hurt again?

Im stunned at Bernard.

Then again, many teams passed on him in the draft multiple times, and they havent been able to see film on him at all since.

Risky to claim him and carry on the 53. I'd think he will make it to PS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah but from everything I've read Benard was playing well.
playing well in no tackling practices is different then being a starter game 1, had to be a reason., we are thin there and if the coach isnt seeing enough he released and brought back to the pS if he clears waivers.. some much bigger names being cut all over today..

Londonboy

Reaction score
New coaches are sending a message that most of their defenders from 2019 were bad and are cleaning house..i bet they scour the cut and waiver wire and fund a LB or two plus a safety if not ET..

they will not accept bad anymore.. marinelli and Richard sure messed up that defense, isnt it like 60% overturned from last year?
Not sure how cutting a rookie is sending that message.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure how cutting a rookie is sending that message.
to other players , fans, and coaches that being below average wont earn you a spot here, just being "ok" will not be tolerated..its obvious to Fans right now there s new staff with new expectations here..