Twitter: Frederick confirmed they had not seen or prepared for defensive alignment

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Of all the bashing thrown at this, THIS is the most disappointing IMO. We had plenty of time outs and didn't use a single one. Once they stopped the 2nd down play, no way in hell you don't call time out now or after the 3rd down play. Call your damn time out, get organized and make sure everyone's on the same page with best-called play.
Yah. I wondered about that. Instead, we went no huddle if I recall correctly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The last four plays of that game may go down the biggest blunder of Garrett coaching tenure regardless of who's the blame. So many things went wrong on not one but FOUR consecutive plays, right down to the punt return. What's even crazier, we probably only needed to hit one to steal the game.

It's the coaches' job to ensure that the players are properly prepared. So, that's again on poor coaching.

Flamma

Reaction score
They still looked strong against Week opponents is what I’m saying. We started out strong and never struggled. We dominated. I said this team could be a real contender. Look at the Jets game and even the Giants (2nd one) as an example. We struggled big time in those games. I think we went from a possible contender to an average-good team...

But Dallas did struggle in the first half against both Washington and Miami. The Commanders just couldn't keep up in the 2nd half and it took a fumble to prevent Miami from possibly taking a lead after being down 10-0.

Zeke should have run in the A gap.

He tried the B gap, but the LG and C did a poor job.

That's the thing, had Zeke taken it to the inside we see different results. But seeing as where the ball went, no way could the C do anything about it once the LG let his man pass so he could block at the 2nd level. That play looked like it was blocked to run to the right of the C, not outside left.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
All this issuing blame and snitching this team is doing is getting tiresome real quick. These coaches have officially lost this team. And these players are making themselves look like a bunch of you know what.

This is the difference between them and the guy who is the face of this franchise and leader Dak. When everybody is busy blaming eachother for the loss, he took the high road and didnt give the media anything to write about

reddyuta

Reaction score
Now I know what they mean when they say, "hotseat." Heat is coming from all directions. Ex-players, current players, assistant coaches, national media, local media and in house media. Damn. Wear a neck brace Garrett, everybody's headhunting.

""HOTSEAT""

none of that matters,not one iota.Its all Jerry and we will be stuck with this doofus forever.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
They did; or more precisely, they didn't need to. They put up 400 yards and 24 first downs. They had zero three-and-outs. Their last 5 real drives were TD, TD, TD, FG, and the 80-yard drive that ended with the turnover on downs.

The problem wasn't anything the defense was doing. It was entirely the cowardly philosophy on offense. The first 3 drives all ended between the Minnesota 39 and 48 yard lines, all of them because Garrett was too gutless to go for it on on 4th-and-4 to 4th-and-6. And I'm convinced they called the running plays on the last drive to try not to score "too fast," never mind they needed the TD. Those decisions had nothing to do with Minnesota's alignments.

Both Dak and Garrett said that BS. "We wanted to run the clock because we didn't want to leave so much time for the Vikings at the end of the game." FORGETTING, as you said, HELLO you need a TD and can't afford to waste downs at this point of the game.

Complete nonsense.

Cmac

Reaction score
We got sucked into the hot trend of hiring young offensive minds without thinking as to whether they could actually coach. Not every 30 something assistant is going to be the next Sean McVay. We would have been better suited to try and hire someone like Kubiak, Darell Bevell or Greg Roman to run the offense as opposed to a guy who has a year of coaching experience to be our offensive coordinator.
We have an OC Apprentice waiting on the Interim tag.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why not stand up and tell your QB to call a TO?

Players were confused. Who is responsible for relaying that information? Gee maybe the center in charge of line calls.
Either/or, as long as one of the confused people calls a time out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m going to enjoy it. Good draft pick and new coach in the horizon. I may drag my butt on a carpet like a dog with joy when Garrett is let go.

Haha, to be fair though, I really need this team to win I three weeks against the Bears because I'm going to that game lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I imagine after playing this many years of organized football their should't be too many super secret alignments these guys have not seen.
They just missed on getting the guy blocked and in many cases were physically whipped.

This sounds like word salad to explain away a disastrous performance from this unit.
Nope. Horrible awful playcall - and Dak should see it too. They are literally lining up to defend ONLY THIS PLAY. The DT on CWs side is two-gapping, the guard, making it impossible for either one to effectively get to the second level. The defensive alignment means that the center has no block to make.