Twitter: Frederick confirmed they had not seen or prepared for defensive alignment

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3ga6rp.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Frederick admitted they had not seen or prepared for the alignment........my thing is why not call time out? Pretty sure he probably would .......

I expect that means something different than how you are interpreting it. It likely refers to how to employ the specific blocking call with the alignment. Obviously, they've seen that defensive alignment before.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that with all the experience on this OL, there are defensive alignments that they have not seen. How many realistic combinations of 8 defensive players are there?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I expect that means something different than how you are interpreting it. It likely refers to how to employ the specific blocking call with the alignment. Obviously, they've seen that defensive alignment before.
Either way, he has a point. Why not call time out if you're confused at such a pivotal point in the game?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yeah, this team is imploding :facepalm:. How can a team start off so strong (SB contending strong) and implode in under 12 weeks?

Speaking of Frederick...Have you guys seen this video on the Dallas Cowboys YouTube?

“Share the accountability”. If you didn’t know, Frederick was yelling at the sidelines during the Vikings game (guess he was angry with the playcalling or something amongst those lines...?) and as we all know, Garrett has thrown multiple players under the bus this past week. Well, it’s obvious that he’s talking about Garrett in “sharing the accountability”.

Now this comes out. He’s calling out coaching essentially for not preparing them. Everyone here called me crazy, but I told you guys that this team doesn’t prepare, game plan, or scheme for opponents or in general. It’s all fun and games for this team. There are deep problems within this organization, and sadly, even if we got rid of Garrett, the wounds he made may take a lot of time to heal and fix.

This past week: We lose a close game due to defensive problems and playcalling/coaching. Frederick yells at the sideline during the game. Dak looks pissed on the sideline and tense during the post game interview. Garrett then proceeds to throw Dak, Moore, and Austin under the bus the next day. Tavon fires back with a passive aggressive tone. Then Garrett lies again and says it was a communication issue, and proceeds to throw the ST coordinator under the bus with him (even tho our ST coordinator sucks as well). Garrett then comes out today and says “I need to take accountability for my actions” after a rumor that the players were angry with what Garrett said about Austin and the playcall HE made. Now Frederick is revealing this....

This is only the beginning :facepalm:. I can’t even tell if the players are revolting or if everything is just crashing down.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah, this team is imploding :facepalm:. How can a team start off so strong (SB contending strong)

How do you get that this team was SB contending strong based off who we played early in the season? We started strong but if you are honest, it was against the dregs of the league. Since we started playing outside of that, we have lost more often than not.

If anything, we are victims of a weird schedule and the false impression it gave after those early wins.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
How do you get that this team was SB contending strong based off who we played early in the season.

If anything, we are victims of a weird schedule and the false impression it gave after wins.

They still looked strong against Week opponents is what I’m saying. We started out strong and never struggled. We dominated. I said this team could be a real contender. Look at the Jets game and even the Giants (2nd one) as an example. We struggled big time in those games. I think we went from a possible contender to an average-good team...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Somehow, someway - @AmariChill is turning me over to his dark side...
What if his All-Seeing-Gut is right?
He's like 3rd on some thing here that's kept up by @DandyDon52 and that's also got to count for something...

You know what the saying is, people seen as crazy/insane are often right/smarter than what appears to the eye....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We got sucked into the hot trend of hiring young offensive minds without thinking as to whether they could actually coach. Not every 30 something assistant is going to be the next Sean McVay. We would have been better suited to try and hire someone like Kubiak, Darell Bevell or Greg Roman to run the offense as opposed to a guy who has a year of coaching experience to be our offensive coordinator.

Zeke should have run in the A gap.

He tried the B gap, but the LG and C did a poor job.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This is from star tribune:

“After the play, [Frederick] was like, ‘What are we doing here!? Why are you running this!?’” Odenigbo said with a laugh. “And I’m just celebrating. And saying, ‘Ha, ha.’ And he’s just yelling, ‘Why are we doing this!?’ Ah man, it was just a great feeling.”

This was when he was yelling at the sideline for the playcalling. This is from the DE’s perspective. This just let’s you know what’s boiling down inside these players. They are getting ready to breakdown...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha... The guy is a huge troll that chases me around the board saying he is going to stalk me and remind me what I said about Dak..... I have no idea who he thinks I am or what he thinks I said about Dak.
I've reported this troll to the mods on several occasions and nothing changes.

Put him on ignore

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a chance. Im going to continue to laugh in your face at the fact that you have gotten everything wrong about Dak. Trust me, I will never let you live it down. Ill be right there to embarrass you with all the mindless drivel you continue to throw out there.

STOP IT.

#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

Number1

Reaction score
our multi year all pro C never saw it before, really?

imo, on the 3 & 2 ... Fred blew the pre-snap call, then Conner barely chipped the DT, leaving Fred to get beat attempting a long reach block.

its his job to make the read, the call, and the block

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Either way, he has a point. Why not call time out if you're confused at such a pivotal point in the game?

Why not stand up and tell your QB to call a TO?

Players were confused. Who is responsible for relaying that information? Gee maybe the center in charge of line calls.

75boyz

Reaction score
I imagine after playing this many years of organized football their should't be too many super secret alignments these guys have not seen.
They just missed on getting the guy blocked and in many cases were physically whipped.

This sounds like word salad to explain away a disastrous performance from this unit.

Yep, exactly.