Free Agency Rumors Thread

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@RavensInsider
Sources predict Arthur Jones will sign with the Indianapolis Colts as soon as today. Expected between $6 million and $7 million per year

@RavensInsider
Ravens aren't close to a deal with middle linebacker Daryl Smith, according to sources

@CLNS_Patrick
Hearing former #Eagles WR Jason Avant is in Boston today. Possible backup plan if Edelman decides to walk #Patriots

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@DConnollyNFL
I can confirm other reports that the #Raiders have serious interest in bringing in #Eagles QB Michael Vick #NFLFreeAgency

@AdamSchefter
Steelers will release LB LaMarr Woodley at 4 ET Tuesday, designate him a post June 1 casualty, per source. He will be free to sign Tuesday.

@MikeGarafolo
Chiefs will retain LB Frank Zombo. He's agreed to terms, per a source.

@nyjets
WR Santonio Holmes has been released.

@jthom1
Plan B underway minus Saffold? Rams showing interest in KC offensive guard Geoff Schwartz, according to league sources.

@nwagoner
Counting Finnegan and Dahl release, Rams should be right in ballpark of $15 million in cap space going into free agency. Barring more moves.

@AdamSchefter
Dolphins released CB Dimitri Patterson, per source.

chicago JK

Reaction score
ravens are interesting. I thought they were one good offseason and draft from being a contender again. Plus they are getting some very good comp draft picks. Although they have some free agents. They seem to lose free agents every year, and just replace them with next man up and get similar production. Linebacker Daryl smith may have been the free agent signing of the year last offseason. What a find on a one year contract. I also though Arthur Jones made a lot of plays and was a nice developing player. Maybe they just think he is too expensive at the contract he is getting. Lastly, Michael Oher is probably overrated due to the whole blind side thing but he is a solid to above average starting tackle. They may think he is too expensive as well.

Ozzie finds a way to put a good roster together. It will be interesting the moves the ravens make.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@RavensInsider
Harvey Dahl cut with failed physical designation

@ProFootballTalk
Bears release tight end Dante Rosario http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qJD

@davebirkett
Lions are working hard on a long-term deal for Joique Bell. Hope still is it gets done tomorrow before the start of free agency.

@AdamSchefter
Giants G Chris Snee restructured his contract, lowering his salary from $7.2 million to $1.1 million + $1M of incentives. So $2.1 max cash.

@ProFootballTalk
Jay Feely re-signs with the Cardinals http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qK6

@ProFootballTalk
Report: Jarret Johnson takes $1 million pay cut http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qKo

@NFL_ATL
Colts agreed to terms with Fili Moala.

@NBCdianna
Perry Riley will return and play for the Washington Commanders. Deal is done. #Commanders #NFLFreeAgency

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
ravens are interesting. I thought they were one good offseason and draft from being a contender again. Plus they are getting some very good comp draft picks. Although they have some free agents. They seem to lose free agents every year, and just replace them with next man up and get similar production. Linebacker Daryl smith may have been the free agent signing of the year last offseason. What a find on a one year contract. I also though Arthur Jones made a lot of plays and was a nice developing player. Maybe they just think he is too expensive at the contract he is getting. Lastly, Michael Oher is probably overrated due to the whole blind side thing but he is a solid to above average starting tackle. They may think he is too expensive as well.

Ozzie finds a way to put a good roster together. It will be interesting the moves the ravens make.

The Ravens and free agent LT Eugene Monroe are very close to a new deal. According to sources with knowledge of the situation.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@nfldraftscout
Here's a Tuesday morning rumor for you: Sounds like Dexter McCluster is expected to follow Ray Farmer to the #Browns.

Colts re-signed veteran K Adam Vinatieri to a two-year deal.

@ConorTOrr
Can confirm @RVacchianoNYDN's report. Peyton Hillis will sign a 2-year deal today. More to come on http://NJ.com/giants.

Brandon Tate has re-signed with the #Bengals, per a league source.

hahah that was quick
@NateUlrichABJ
Despite the rumblings on Twitter, a league source said WR Dexter McCluster "is not going to Cleveland." #Browns #Chiefs #NFL

Ian Rapoport reports that the Buccaneers are receiving trade interest in CB Darrelle Revis and specifically mentions that the Browns could be a team to watch.

Texans released TE Owen Daniels.

A team to watch for G Zane Beadles: #Jaguars. Fits zone blocking scheme well. Way more athletic than Nwaneri.

The Colts have been in talks to bring RB Ahmad Bradshaw back next season.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Oher was supposed to be the answer at LT, but he was average, he is in essence the backup LT, he has some technique issues. I for one wouldn't mind bringing him in to compete with free with the loser being the swing tackle. I think Oher has much more to work with than free.

chicago JK

Reaction score
The Ravens and free agent LT Eugene Monroe are very close to a new deal. According to sources with knowledge of the situation.

I believe they gave up a second round pick for Monroe, so it would not look good if they lost him after just a handful of games.

Monroe hasn't reached the level of play that was expected of him when he was in the draft. Although he does look the part. The ravens have been finding fill ins at LT for the past few years. I am sure they hope they can clean that position up. I really thought the Ravens offensive line would be a strength. They did not play well last year and now it looks like Ray rice really slowed down last year. No burst from him.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This must be a bad FA year. I don't recognize half of the players the NFL Network is toting as top notch.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Browns are going after everybody............

Tyson Jackson
Carlos Dansby
Donte Whitner
Darrell Revis
Arthur Moats

And if they add Khalil Mack 3-4 OLB Buffalo... That Defense could be pretty good. Shocked they are letting TJ Ward walk though

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Tyson Jackson
Carlos Dansby
Donte Whitner
Darrell Revis
Arthur Moats

And if they add Khalil Mack 3-4 OLB Buffalo... That Defense could be pretty good. Shocked they are letting TJ Ward walk though

They are putting too many eggs in the defensive basket.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
They are putting too many eggs in the defensive basket.

But they got draft choices as well.....

1/26.
(From Ind)
CLE.png
http://img29.*************/img29/7457/d4h5.png
Derek-Carr2.jpg
Derek Carr QB Fresno State
2/35.
CLE.png
hyde620.jpg
Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.

3/71.
CLE.png
0ap2000000284034.jpg
Martavis Bryant WR Clemson

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Tyson Jackson
Carlos Dansby
Donte Whitner
Darrell Revis
Arthur Moats

To me, all those guys are the reason not to get involved in free agency....every one of them screams overpaid to me if they are signed in the first day or two. Dansby is not the player he was in AZ. Jackson is Marcus Spears, Jr. Whitner is decent not great. Revis got burned a lot in Tampa last year. Meh...they will still be the Browns.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
The Lions and RFA RB Joique Bell have agreed to a 2-year, $7M extension with $4.3M guaranteed, per source.

@NFL_ATL
Browns 'close to deal' with safety Donte Whitner http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000332914/article/browns-close-to-deal-with-safety-donte-whitner?campaign=Twitter_atl…

@MikeSilver
Right now a battle is shaping up between the Giants and Rams for Geoff Schwartz's (non-bargain) services. Will someone else get in?

@AdamSchefter
Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux agreed to terms on a 3-year contract extension, per source.

@MaryKayCabot
Cleveland Browns showing 'significant interest' in trading for Bucs CB Darrelle Revis, report says http://dlvr.it/56sF4v

@RapSheet
The #Browns have emerged as the team to beat for Karlos Dansby, per source. #Titans, #Cardinals feel they are out.

Giants have offered a contract to Rashad Jennings. He's waiting on Oakland to make move now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
To me, all those guys are the reason not to get involved in free agency....every one of them screams overpaid to me if they are signed in the first day or two. Dansby is not the player he was in AZ. Jackson is Marcus Spears, Jr. Whitner is decent not great. Revis got burned a lot in Tampa last year. Meh...they will still be the Browns.

Tyson Jackson (I'd take)
Carlos Dansby (I'd take but wouldn't over pay)
Donte Whitner (Pass)
Darrell Revis (I'd take but wouldn't over pay)
Arthur Moats (Pass)

Funny if the Browns do sign Dansby....He's 32. De'Qwell Jackson was 30. Probably not the smartest thing to get older @ LBer.

garyv

Reaction score
From Yahoo Sports about Potential Free Agent Landing spots:
Free safety Jairus Byrd -- Ballhawking center-field safety. Averages 4.4 interceptions and 2.2 forced fumbles per season. Turned 27 in October. Repped by Eugene Parker, infamous for driving hard bargain. Held out of most of 2013 camp, then missed first five games with plantar fasciitis. Otherwise durable. Commanders have major cash to spend and major need at safety. Bills SS Aaron Williams' $26 million extension all but ensures Byrd will leave Buffalo.

Free Agent Forecast: Commanders on five-year, $40 million deal.