Free Agency thread

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Both jayron and randy seem to be heading out also. This off season is trending and not for good reasons either.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both jayron and randy seem to be heading out also. This off season is trending and not for good reasons either.
Kearse comes to Dallas, has 1 good year and wants to cash in (I don't blame him) but I also doubt if he leaves he'll ever have the year he just had.

visionary

Reaction score
Jabril Cox as well. My two cents ...

They re-sign Hitchens. He plays on running downs and non nickel formations. Your starters are Parsons, Hitchens, Cox. Two rookies play ST and sub formations.

We draft 1-2 guys.

I like this plan

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's a below level deal for a #2 receiver which he is.
I also don't get why so many are upset with Lamb/Gallup as starters.

If anything we could use a shifty slot type. Should be able find one in mid rounds along with maybe a cheap veteran and Brown to round things out.

WR is way down there on the list of my concerns.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I also don't get why so many are upset with Lamb/Gallup as starters.

If anything we could use a shifty slot type. Should be able find one in mid rounds along with maybe a cheap veteran and Brown to round things out.

WR is way down there on the list of my concerns.
I hear on this board that Lamb isn't a #1, nor Gallup a #2, which isn't true. Lamb was their top receiver on their board and viewed him as a top 10 talent. Gallup has always been a good #2 receiver.

I would like the opposite, find a receiver who can play anywhere so they can interchange all their receivers based on matchups.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hear on this board that Lamb isn't a #1, nor Gallup a #2, which isn't true. Lamb was their top receiver on their board and viewed him as a top 10 talent. Gallup has always been a good #2 receiver.

I would like the opposite, find a receiver who can play anywhere so they can interchange all their receivers based on matchups.
Nah....if Lamb can't progress to a 1, where are you getting that player from??

Can't look at all draft picks and say that they haven't proven it yet so we can't count on them.

Your high picks either pan out or they don't but you can't just dismiss them.

That said, he DOES need to up his game a bit....but he is fully capable of doing it. Actually doing it is why they play. He needs the shot. It either works or it doesn't but thats what he needs to be if we are to have success.

JustChip

Reaction score
ake 2: Michael Gallup contract breakdown: The base value of the deal is $57.5 million over 5 years. In addition to a $10 million signing bonus, Gallup will receive base salaries of $2 million ('22), $11 million ('23), $8.5 million ('24), $10.5 million ('25), $10.5 million ('26).
That is a great deal depending on what is guaranteed. Unlikely it’s not, but if the 2023 salary is not guaranteed, the dead cap then would only be $8m.