Free Agency thread

Brooksey

Reaction score
Hey, so what that we've lost our last two playoff games giving up nearly 400 yards rushing combined. If you step back and really looking at it from the right angle, that DT depth chart is stacked.

We have 27M in cap and they can't figure out what to do with it, they're like were stacked and way under budget

reddyuta

Reaction score
we have to sign Tretter and Hicks,cant just sit on all the cap money with so many gaping holes.I would also look to sign a backup OT.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We have 27M in cap and they can't figure out what to do with it, they're like were stacked and way under budget

Yes, this FO is emersed in signing a bevy of mediocre players in vet free agency, rather than several players who would surely excel.

Last edited:

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I think it's not more than $15 million now, possibly $12 million after signing Anger.

Thanks for this. Over the cap still didn't have a few players that we have signed and hadn't heard the cap hits. Was thinking it would be around $13-14M after Fowler and several others. If someone has a better site, appreciate if you could let me know.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Over the cap still didn't have a few players that we have signed and hadn't heard the cap hits. Was thinking it would be around $13-14M after Fowler and several others. If someone has a better site, appreciate if you could let me know.

It's hard to figure out exactly since we don't know some of the cap hits for this year. Based on the signings we've made, I would be surprised if any of the hits are higher than Armstrong's $3.38 million and probably at least a little lower than that. After the Armstrong signing, over the cap has us at $22.9 million, so even if Fowler, Washington and Anger each count $4 million this year, we'd still be around $10 million, with $10 million still to come from cutting Collins. I think the Fowler and Washington contracts will not be more than $2.5 million each. Anger got three years, $9 million, so his first year also should be pretty low. So if we count all three at $2.5 million that would put us around $15 million ... unless I'm missing someone.