Video: Friendly reminder of how awesome 9 was

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I once saw a YouTube video in which Romo threw a pass to Dez during a game, Dez caught it but then fumbled the ball a few moments later - and the maker of the video blamed Dez's fumble on Romo.

You just can't reason with these folks.
Sad.

Toro9

Reaction score
Huh??? I like Romo but second most exciting QB of all time? Guy barely sniffed the playoffs in a long career. Staubach was much more exciting and he won so maybe second most exciting in Dallas. Dak will push him off soon. Romo was a nice QB and a good athlete. Nothing more.
That I saw play in real time. Not of all time. And exciting plays don't necessarily mean they have to happen in the playoffs.

fansince68

Reaction score
Vick was certainly exciting, but I do not think he was a very good QB. Excellent athlete, but would not want him on my team playing QB. I rather have Dak behind center than Vick.
In what areas is Dak better than Vick?
Arm Talent? Nope
Running/escapability? Nope
Reading defenses? Nope
I love Dak. But putting the off field stuff aside, Vick was a much better player. Put Vick with Zeke and Amari and you would have a devastating nightmare for the rest of the league. I hope Dak rises to a higher level this season. His accuracy, deep ball, and leading the receiver in order to get the yak must increase dramatically. Dak also needs to improve on his pocket awareness to eliminate half the sacks. Throw the ball out of bounds to avoid the sack.

dfense

Reaction score
Lol
Really, old boy. Dandy Don, Roger, Danny White and Aikman clearly tower over Romo.
NO. 5
:p
Aikman wasn't even in the top 5 players on his own team. Emmitt, Irvin, Novacek, "the wall" Haley, Norton, Maryland, Tolbert, a deep Dline rotation. The NFL instituted plan B free agency just to break up the Cowboys because they were so dominant. The Dallas D just destroyed teams. Could have put up 60 points on Buffalo in the SB. Aikman rode Emmitt into the HOF. He couldn't win without him.

It took Romo just a couple seasons to erase most of Aikman's team marks.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Arm Talent? Nope
Reading defenses? Nope
I love Dak. But putting the off field stuff aside, Vick was a much better player. Put Vick with Zeke and Amari and you would have a devastating nightmare for the rest of the league. I hope Dak rises to a higher level this season. His accuracy, deep ball, and leading the receiver in order to get the yak must increase dramatically. Dak also needs to improve on his pocket awareness to eliminate half the sacks. Throw the ball out of bounds to avoid the sack.

Vick was drastically worse than Dak in everything for most of his career but absolute arm strength and foot speed. He was incredibly bad at reading defenses and going through progressions during his time in Atlanta, and his accuracy over most of the field was sheer garbage beyond "bomb it deep and let he receiver figure it out" type plays. Dude was a career 56% passer. He was also made of glass.

Vick was a ton of fun to watch, but was so much worse at most of the things that actually go into being a quarterback than Dak (or just about any other long time NFL starter) that it's kind of ridiculous honestly.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That I saw play in real time. Not of all time. And exciting plays don't necessarily mean they have to happen in the playoffs.

I guess you are right. Heart attacks are exciting too.

rags747

Reaction score
Arm Talent? Nope
Reading defenses? Nope
I say that I would prefer a Dak under center only because I think Vick was a pretty bad QB. Great athlete no doubt but as a QB he left a hell of a lot to be desired. Did he throw a beautiful rocket propelled ball, Sure but again I don’t think he was that good. McNabb was a better QB and I don’t think he was all that either.

fansince68

Reaction score
I say that I would prefer a Dak under center only because I think Vick was a pretty bad QB. Great athlete no doubt but as a QB he left a hell of a lot to be desired. Did he throw a beautiful rocket propelled ball, Sure but again I don’t think he was that good. McNabb was a better QB and I don’t think he was all that either.
Dak leaves a lot to be desired also with a lot less talent than Vick. There is not one thing he does that is head and shoulders above any other qb in the league. He does have heart and he is a wonderful role model. Dak will need to out work his opponents to win for now. When he gains the experience, he can then possibly take the next step that we are all hoping he takes. This is a big year for Dak. I would wait and pay him next off season. Sure it will cost a lil bit more to sign him next off season IF he has a good year. IF he doesn't have a good season, we would be in the drivers seat in contract negotiations preventing us for overpaying the current market price for a qb.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Aikman wasn't even in the top 5 players on his own team. Emmitt, Irvin, Novacek, "the wall" Haley, Norton, Maryland, Tolbert, a deep Dline rotation. The NFL instituted plan B free agency just to break up the Cowboys because they were so dominant. The Dallas D just destroyed teams. Could have put up 60 points on Buffalo in the SB. Aikman rode Emmitt into the HOF. He couldn't win without him.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

dckid

Reaction score

What did Romo the great do in the playoffs? How many heart breaking losses did he have?
Every few months we have this Romo love or Romo hate. Let’s get training camp already.

rags747

Reaction score

Aikman was the straw that stirred the drink, no Aikman no 3 SB’s. Aikman was deadly accurate and no one could touch him. Driven to be a maniac leader on the field, would not settle for anyone’s BS.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tony, for better or worse (usually for better), was probably the second most exciting QB I've ever seen play the game. First being Vick.

Love Romo, but that statement is laughable. If Romo was the 2nd most exciting QB to watch for you, then you haven't watched much football.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aikman was the straw that stirred the drink, no Aikman no 3 SB’s. Aikman was deadly accurate and no one could touch him. Driven to be a maniac leader on the field, would not settle for anyone’s BS.

Aikman was the driver that steered the bus. He was accurate because he had the best Oline in the history of the game.

Irvin and Emmitt were the straw. Without Emmitt, Aikman couldn't even win a game. When the line faultered and he got pressure, Aikman couldn't do diddly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Arm Talent? Nope
Reading defenses? Nope

In every category but speed and running the football.

And no chance is Vick a better QB. Not a chance. He was a RB trying to play QB.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Arm Talent? Nope
Reading defenses? Nope

Only can compare with Vicks 1st 3 full seasons, not entire career. Looking at Vicks stats, I'll take Dak....the guy who completed 70% of his passes once Cooper arrived. And yes, I watched Vick play.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I see. It does make me warm and fuzzy when I think of those two first round CAREER playoffs we won with Romo.:rolleyes:

dfense

Reaction score
I see. It does make me warm and fuzzy when I think of those two first round CAREER playoffs we won with Romo.:rolleyes:
Just sayin, Aikman was a good solid QB. But those early 90s teams didn't even need a great QB. They had Emmitt, the wall and a deep defense.