Video: Friendly reminder of how awesome 9 was

dfense

Reaction score
Aikman was the driver that steered the bus. He was accurate because he had the best Oline in the history of the game.

Irvin and Emmitt were the straw. Without Emmitt, Aikman couldn't even win a game. When the line faultered and he got pressure, Aikman couldn't do diddly.
Fact.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Aikman wasn't even in the top 5 players on his own team. Emmitt, Irvin, Novacek, "the wall" Haley, Norton, Maryland, Tolbert, a deep Dline rotation. The NFL instituted plan B free agency just to break up the Cowboys because they were so dominant. The Dallas D just destroyed teams. Could have put up 60 points on Buffalo in the SB. Aikman rode Emmitt into the HOF. He couldn't win without him.

It took Romo just a couple seasons to erase most of Aikman's team marks.
what? Novacek was a plan B free agent, that didnt start after the boys won SB's

dfense

Reaction score
What did Romo the great do in the playoffs? How many heart breaking losses did he have?
Every few months we have this Romo love or Romo hate. Let’s get training camp already.
Aikman didn't carry his teams. Romo had to most of his career. In fact, once he lost Emmitt and Irvin, Aikman saw the writing on the wall. Aikman was great. But those teams were young and deep at every position. Kosar, Buerlien, didn't matter. Even the backups could win.

Altestic

Reaction score
Aikman didn't carry his teams. Romo had to most of his career. In fact, once he lost Emmitt and Irvin, Aikman saw the writing on the wall. Aikman was great. But those teams were young and deep at every position. Kosar, Buerlien, didn't matter. Even the backups could win.
Romo would have won the championship in 2016 if he didn't get injured.

jay94

Reaction score
Romo never passed for 300+ yards or more than 2 TDs during the playoffs. Dak did both during his first playoff game as a rookie and brought the team back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter to only tie the game at 31 points with only 39 seconds left in regulation.

But, yes, let's rather have the injury-plagued turnover machine who never accomplished in the playoffs what Dak did as a rookie? :facepalm:

Romo would of threw for 500+ yards vs the Packers, they literally had the home depot dbs out there. Dak has had more of a supporting cast than Romo had for most of his career as well.

Blake

Reaction score
Romo would have won the championship in 2016 if he didn't get injured.

That'll be Romo's epitaph: "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda... but in the end 12-18 in games played in December and January; 0-3 in must win games to get to playoffs; and 1-3 in the playoffs."

Guy was a bum who's legend only exists on this board.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo would of threw for 500+ yards vs the Packers, they literally had the home depot dbs out there. Dak has had more of a supporting cast than Romo had for most of his career as well.

Can only compare with Dak & Romo's 1st 3 full seasons.

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
Only can compare with Vicks 1st 3 full seasons, not entire career. Looking at Vicks stats, I'll take Dak....the guy who completed 70% of his passes once Cooper arrived. And yes, I watched Vick play.
Hey Doors.....I went back and compared Daks and Vicks stats. Dak is clearly better. I did see Vick play, but I guess it was mainly the highlights that I saw. I admit I was totally wrong and surprised. In hindsight, Vick should have dinked and donked more. Never the less, I still have a hard time paying Dak even 25 million for what he has displayed over the last 3 years.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Hey Doors.....I went back and compared Daks and Vicks stats. Dak is clearly better. I did see Vick play, but I guess it was mainly the highlights that I saw. I admit I was totally wrong and surprised. In hindsight, Vick should have dinked and donked more. Never the less, I still have a hard time paying Dak even 25 million for what he has displayed over the last 3 years.

Well, I myself am glad.

Blake

Reaction score
If that video was an hour long I would've watched every minute. Don't care what the haters say, I loved me some Romo. Shout out to 88, Romo to Dez was special too

Were Romo a good December and January quarterback it would've been an hour long. Unfortunately not enough highlight footage. But, hey! He totally did that spinny thing against JJ Watt in a forgotten regular season game! The NFL is therefore totally remiss if they don't immediately retire that cheesy Wisconsin kid's number and send him on a lear jet straight into Canton.