FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It cracks me up that some people (emphasis on some) think this is a valid argument. They were up 21 to 7 at halftime against a team that did not have a quarterback that could attempt a forward pass. Why would the QB in the lead need to have better stats?
You completely missed the point. The point is he was not why they won the game. His defense dominated and knocked Purdy out the game and was stuck facing Josh Johnson…..

mcmvp

Reaction score
You completely missed the point. The point is he was not why they won the game. His defense dominated and knocked Purdy out the game and was stuck facing Josh Johnson…..
I didn’t miss any point. You were the one that picked the worst possible game to use as an example to try to prove a point, and failed miserably. It’s laughable that you don’t understand this.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
You got it! The Cowboys drafted Mazi for the Eagles and 49ers run game. Add Gilmore and Overshown the Cowboys have the cover corner and athletic linebacker to stand up to Davonte and Hurts. We our better then the Eagles if the offensive line holds up. That is a big if!!!
Lol. No. We are not even close to being better than the eagles.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Lol. No. We are not even close to being better than the eagles.
The teams are very close. Very, but I can’t remember any rookie interior defensive lineman significantly improving their team year over year. Carter will play less than 25% of his team’s snaps. If Smith is going to be depended on to be the difference it’s going to be a tough season.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
He did what was told lol…..ok lol. He literally cost his team the game in the SB. He has a below standard game against the 49ers and you make the excuse of “he did what he was told to do”.
Below standard? "hey coach... I know we are up 38-7 and rushed for 200 yards putting us in the SB but could you change the play calling so I can have better stats for MarathonContinues"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Below standard? "hey coach... I know we are up 38-7 and rushed for 200 yards putting us in the SB but could you change the play calling so I can have better stats for MarathonContinues"
Keep the same energy next time Dak throws for 100 yards and they win.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
He did what was told lol…..ok lol. He literally cost his team the game in the SB. He has a below standard game against the 49ers and you make the excuse of “he did what he was told to do”.
He's not lying though. The Eagles coaches just decided to pound the ground once Purdy went down, as they saw no threat from the 49ers offense. As for Hurts and the fumble, it was bad, but let's be honest, they had the lead 24-14 at the half after the fumble. Hurts didn't screw up in the second half when they had the lead. The defense, specifically Gannon's lack of adjustments to what Reid was doing in the second half, is most responsible for the loss.

These arguments are getting to be downright stupid. Dak is a top ten QB in this league who, for whatever reason, hasn't been in the big game. Hurts got there in his first full year as a starter. Different circumstances for both players. There is no need to prop one up by downgrading the other. Both are solid QB's with more good years ahead.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's not lying though. The Eagles coaches just decided to pound the ground once Purdy went down, as they saw no threat from the 49ers offense. As for Hurts and the fumble, it was bad, but let's be honest, they had the lead 24-14 at the half after the fumble. Hurts didn't screw up in the second half when they had the lead. The defense, specifically Gannon's lack of adjustments to what Reid was doing in the second half, is most responsible for the loss.

These arguments are getting to be downright stupid. Dak is a top ten QB in this league who, for whatever reason, hasn't been in the big game. Hurts got there in his first full year as a starter. Different circumstances for both players. There is no need to prop one up by downgrading the other. Both are solid QB's with more good years ahead.
It's not about him being right or wrong though. The point wasn't that Hurts "sucked" against the 49ers. It was that he only had to throw for 120 yards to win. Which means he had substantial help. HE did not want he game on his own like people are trying to say.

It's just a "keep the same energy" type situation. I find myself having to argue with Cowboy fans on Eagles players. Just a crazy time to be in lol.

And yeah the defense let them down against the Chiefs but that was going to happen regardless. Dak lit them up too. Any time a good or better QB came they lit them up. Gannon had adjustment issues all year.

Asking a defense to shut down Mahomes is a tall task. Not fumbling the ball for a touchdown seems to be the easier of the two.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score

Great, level headed post. The truth is Mahomes didn't take over the game. Hurtz played great outside of the fumble. The reason the Chiefs won is Andy Reid. Everyone was wiiide open the entire 2nd half.
Which brings me to my point. When Andy was let go by the Eagles there were rumors he might go to Dallas and I remember EVERYONE saying, "No! We don't want the fat man". I bet Dallas would have had at least one ring if we did hire Andy Reid but NOBODY wanted him in Dallas.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The teams are very close. Very, but I can’t remember any rookie interior defensive lineman significantly improving their team year over year. Carter will play less than 25% of his team’s snaps. If Smith is going to be depended on to be the difference it’s going to be a tough season.
Not even close to close.

McMicah

Reaction score

I think these are good points, but I still go back to Dak’s consistency issues. He IS a top 10 qb in the aggregate. I would argue that he plays like a top 5 qb for 2 games and then a bottom 10 qb for a game, and that makes him top 10 in the aggregate.

I think the ‘for whatever reason’ he hasn’t been to the big game is on him. The only year I truly feel he played well enough consistently to get there was his rookie year. He played admirably against GB. This year? Purdy was the better qb on the field, and honestly it wasn’t that close IMHO.

I’m rooting for him because he’s a truly good guy and excellent leader, but I also think he is what he is at this point, and I don’t know if that person can string enough excellent games to win a SB. But maybe this D can bail him out of that one bad game this year. They almost did in the 9ers game…