FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
And Dak also managed to lead an offense that scored 13 point through 3 quarters of football. What exactly is the point of throwing TD's when your team loses the game and the offense is comatose for large parts of the game?
The game was tied with less than a minute to go and the defense let the team down. It basically just came down to who had the ball last.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And Dak also managed to lead an offense that scored 13 point through 3 quarters of football. What exactly is the point of throwing TD's when your team loses the game and the offense is comatose for large parts of the game?
please worst argument ever.."his points dont count because they were not spread out evenly" seriously dumb. Trent Dilfer was a bus driving QB for a SB winning team if you think thats what Dak is then have fun in your own reality, its not worth arguing with anyone who does not aknowledge any facts...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The game was tied with less than a minute to go and the defense let the team down. It basically just came down to who had the ball last.
Right and by then the defense was pretty gassed at having been on the field for as long as they had. Came down to the last ball and well - they failed to stop Rodgers. Literally one of the most stellar plays you will see but yea, Rodgers was "outplayed" by Prescott because of one additional TD. Pay no attention to the only stat that mattered - the scoreboard.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
please worst argument ever.."his points dont count because they were not spread out evenly" seriously dumb. Trent Dilfer was a bus driving QB for a SB winning team if you think thats what Dak is then have fun in your own reality, its not worth arguing with anyone who does not aknowledge any facts...
Trent Dilfer was blessed to have a defense that scored at a pretty prolific rate. Dak never had a defense like that. But a defense like that is literally what you need to win with a bus driver. Also the argument I am making isn't that points aren't spread out evenly. What is shows is that the offense wasn't doing much through three quarters. Pray tell what unit is on the field when the offense isn't on it? Would you say that offenses going 3 and out over and over again would wear out your defense?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer was blessed to have a defense that scored at a pretty prolific rate. Dak never had a defense like that. But a defense like that is literally what you need to win with a bus driver. Also the argument I am making isn't that points aren't spread out evenly. What is shows is that the offense wasn't doing much through three quarters. Pray tell what unit is on the field when the offense isn't on it? Would you say that offenses going 3 and out over and over again would wear out your defense?
Possession: 29:46 30:14 tell me more about it....

starfan1

Reaction score
By QuarterGGSAttCmpPctYdsYPATDTD%IntInt%LgFD20+SackLossRate
1st Quarter----936873.16096.522.122.12532532288.5
2nd Quarter----1388662.39016.5107.2107.251501241975.2
3rd Quarter----764964.56618.767.911.3682711632112.9
4th Quarter----805568.86498.156.211.252319753108.8
4th Quarter, +/-8----543972.24708.747.411.952246537115.5
Overtime----7342.9405.700.0114.316200022.0

https://www.footballdb.com/players/dak-prescott-prescda01/splits/2022

some of these stas may support that claim. looks like 2nd quarter was tough on the boys. not so much 3rd quarter

Hadenough

Reaction score
yeah, now lets pick a few plays to make claims that Hurts has grown. but lets focus on bad throws for Dak to make a case he has regressed. Lets ignore his good throws. and lets ignore Hurts bad plays.

I get it. I get what you're saying. I get your agenda. I really do
Evidently you don't get it! Or you wouldn't be claiming I have an agenda and that it's true that Dak doesn't perform worth a dam in big games. B

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I love how we have a great team but a trash GM and QB. Cowboys land for ya lol

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hurts had everything going for him. The NFL's best offensive line, two stud WRs, a great OC who just got promoted to head coach, a defense that kept games close...

I think he's a Dak type who will play to the sum of the parts around him. It's just that the parts around him are really, really good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stats wise? They both had an INT. Dak threw for what a little over 300 yards and 2 TD's. Rodgers had 340+ yards and 2 TD's. When it mattered most however, Rodgers made the play that got them the winning FG. Simple as that. Not really sure how anyone watches that game and claims that Dak Prescott somehow outplayed anyone. Until the 4th quarter the offense had scored 13 points and were it not for that errant pass from Rodgers that was picked off by Heath it wouldn't have even come down to a final FG. If you watch just that play, Adams had his guy beat. The throw was off and underthrown which caused Heath to get come in a make the INT. Had it been on target Adams either scores or sets GB up for another inside the 5 yard line rushing TD.
So now we excuse errant passes lol….this is wild to me lol.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak folds against the 49ers….funny though Hurts folded against the Chiefs but he throws a pretty ball.
*** are talking about ? Hurts played well that game it just happened the Chiefs had the ball last. Dak played like crap! Yeah the both lost but Hurts competed and that's all you can ask of your QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
*** are talking about ? Hurts played well that game it just happened the Chiefs had the ball last. Dak played like crap! Yeah the both lost but Hurts competed and that's all you can ask of your QB.
Eagles dominated the Chiefs the whole game and Hurts choked the bed and gave up a fumble for a touchdown. Did you watch the game?

Dak player like crap against the 49ers for sure….

Guess who did this and won against the 49ers?

121 passing yards and 0 touchdowns? Hurts. But sure dominated.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Eagles dominated the Chiefs the whole game and Hurts choked the bed and gave up a fumble for a touchdown. Did you watch the game?

Silly

Hadenough

Reaction score

He did what he was told to do and handed the ball off without making any mistakes against the 49ers.
But what's most impressive is 35 against the Chiefs on the biggest stage where Dak score like 9 points against the Chiefs in the regular season. Im no big fan of Hurts but he does play better when it matters most.

mcmvp

Reaction score

It cracks me up that some people (emphasis on some) think this is a valid argument. They were up 21 to 7 at halftime against a team that did not have a quarterback that could attempt a forward pass. Why would the QB in the lead need to have better stats?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He did what he was told to do and handed the ball off without making any mistakes against the 49ers.
But what's most impressive is 35 against the Chiefs on the biggest stage where Dak score like 9 points against the Chiefs in the regular season. Im no big fan of Hurts but he does play better when it matters most.
He did what was told lol…..ok lol. He literally cost his team the game in the SB. He has a below standard game against the 49ers and you make the excuse of “he did what he was told to do”.