FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miami is not more talented than Boston in any season. Regular or postseason. Beating them doesn’t mean they’re more talented.
For sure it does. Caleb Martin played better than anyone on the Celtics not named Tatum. Celtics shot 3s all game. Heat didn’t accidentally get 3-0.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Chiefs really aren’t that strong throughout the roster. They’re not bad, but it’s the top end that carries them.
I think they are better than people give credit for. I think when it comes to NFL teams fans gauge talent based on household names.

McMicah

Reaction score
I like Dak, but this is true. Daks best playoff series performance was his rookie year.

I do not get the logic of those saying that Hurts had one good year. Yes…and he took his team to the Super Bowl. Dak has never even taken us to an NFC championship. And we’ve pretty much always had a good or great team around him.

And here’s something else to consider. If Jaylen starts to drop off or shows limitations or inconsistencies, the Eagles will move on from him and probably trade him for three 1st round picks. The cowboys won’t because they stay in love with their players longer than any team should (see: Zeke who is STILL unemployed).

If you’re a good front office, and Dak lays another egg in the playoffs, you can’t extend him and pretend you are serious about going all the way. I’m sorry, but we can’t wait for him to just magically become consistent.

Dan CAN be amazing, but if it’s only ever 2 out of 3 games, he will always cough up a bottom 10 qb performance in the playoffs, and we will never get there unless the defense does it for him.

Carson

Reaction score
Neither QB has won a Super Bowl. They’re both lots of speculation and little significant results.
That’s my whole point. They paint Hurts like he is Mahomes but Dak is painted like Andy Dalton.

Her entire argument last week was that Dallas would stink is because they haven’t been to an NFC championship for 27 years. But when they said it’s tough to repeat and Philly has a tougher schedule her argument was let’s not focus on history but right now lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That’s my whole point. They paint Hurts like he is Mahomes but Dak is painted like Andy Dalton.

Her entire argument last week was that Dallas would stink is because they haven’t been to an NFC championship for 27 years. But when they said it’s tough to repeat and Philly has a tougher schedule her argument was let’s not focus on history but right now lol
I don’t believe any contemporary NFL quarterback can run his team to a Super Bowl victory. Lamar Jackson is ten times the rusher Hurts is, and it’s fun regular season stuff, but every team in the playoff is a good team, and the running quarterback isn’t enough. If Jackson can’t be successful at it, Hurts certainly won’t. Time to pump the brakes on Jalen Hurts. Nonetheless, nothing Hurts does makes Dak any better. They have some things in common. Both are well paid NFL players and they’re both better than Jones and Howell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think you know what talented means
Don’t insult me. Just because we disagree doesn’t mean one of us is wrong. Technically if we are talking talent then all of these guys are talented. No one can convince me Jaylon Brown is talented because he shows up in the regular season but not in the playoffs….when it came to it Butler outplayed Tatum.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not always...just watched the Celtics lose to the Heat in seven. That Celtics team has way more talent than the Heat.

The Chiefs have Mahomes and Andy Reid. Reid totally schooled the Eagles DC in the second half. Best QB and best HC.
What makes the Celtics more talented? You guys keep using this team as an example. NBA is different than football.

People overrate the Eagles. They got fat against dogs and soon as they played a credible qb they look like a different team.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Philly just better hope defensive coordinators haven’t caught up to that offense and Hurts.

The threat of Hurts running the football completely changes everything for that team. Not only does he continually move the chains running the ball, but he opens things up for the other RB’s. With defenses so worried about that run game, it gives Hurts and the receivers easy looks and easy reads in the passing game.

And with the offense piling up yards and points, while having a big advantage in time of possession, it made things much easier on the defense. They’d jump out to a lead early with that offense, making the opposing offense start to become more one dimensional. The time of possession was so in favor of the Eagles, that it kept the defense fresh and able to pin their ears back getting after the QB. Even when the defense did allow a score, the Eagles offense was so efficient that they’d just go down and score again, giving the edge back to their defense.

All of that was because of the threat of Hurts running the ball. All of it.

Defensive coordinators will eventually figure out how to counter it… they always do. Will it be this season, after working on it all summer? I don’t know. But they eventually will.

But Philadelphia fans better hope that Hurts stays healthy and that they haven’t figured out how to slow it down yet. Once defenses figure out how to play that offense, it is going to change that entire team, IMO.