FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

rambo2

Reaction score
We can but then we’d have to give credit to Jimmy when he was making the final decisions. My focus is on when Jethro became the man.

And I’d take what the Rams did. It produced a SB championship. Surely Cowboy fans would trade what we’ve put up this era for that?
Funny that you focus on 27 years for the Cowboys and you don't look at 27 years for the Rams. How do you feel about the 28 years for the 49ers?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
SUCKED INNNNN... but its a theme we are consistant with here..myself included.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny that you focus on 27 years for the Cowboys and you don't look at 27 years for the Rams. How do you feel about the 28 years for the 49ers?

I’m not as informed on other teams but just off of memory haven't they been to about 4 NFC champ games this same era and a SB? Not bad. Again, I’d take it.

Cowboys since our last SB are one of only three teams in NFC which haven’t made conference champ game.

If you want to still give Jethro a pass for this era because of his success with Jimmy that’s on you . But Jethro apologist continue supporting his record as GM this era is absurd. Like my wife says, you’re either part of solution or part of the problem. And our owner is part of the problem. Most allCowboy fans accept this.

JBS

Reaction score
What do people expect a QB to deliver? A pitcher can change everything. QBs need help. In two playoff games that the Cowboys had the more talented team, they won. How many QBs beat the superior team in the playoffs? You'll see inferior QBs win games against superior QBs because they have the better team. Mark Sanchez comes to mind. Ask Joe Montana how it felt playing against a better Giants team. He delivered nothing. It's easy to look good when you have a stacked team and are 10 point favorites.
Cowboys were favored at home v SF two seasons ago. What’s your excuse for that?

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m not as informed on other teams but just off of memory haven't they been to about 4 NFC champ games this same era and a SB? Not bad. Again, I’d take it.

Cowboys since our last SB are one of only three teams in NFC which haven’t made conference champ game.

If you want to still give Jethro a pass for this era because of his success with Jimmy that’s on you . But Jethro apologist continue supporting his record as GM this era is absurd. Like my wife says, you’re either part of solution or part of the problem. And our owner is part of the problem. Most allCowboy fans accept this.
The point is the Cowboys are a contender now in the present. They very well could win the NFC this year.
I give them credit for building the current team that they have now which is a contender. The Rams on the other hand are set up to be a non contender.

Adreme

Reaction score
Cowboys were favored at home v SF two seasons ago. What’s your excuse for that?
That a bunch of people did not look at the teams before they bet. I could have told you that would be the easiest money you could make. Cowboys defense struggled against teams that pound the rock and control the ball and that is exactly what SF did to control ToP.

Similarly the offense has had the same problem for the past 2 years now and that is they struggle when teams play 2 deep safety and dare them to run. That is the strategy SF employed. They dared Cowboys to run up the middle knowing that they did not have the personnel to do so because their DLine could dominate the OLine. It was the weakness 2 years ago, as well as last year, and until they prove they can handle it, presumably the weakness this year as well. They need to figure out a way to deal with strong DLines that just can dominate their interior.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The point is the Cowboys are a contender now in the present. They very well could win the NFC this year.
I give them credit for building the current team that they have now which is a contender. The Rams on the other hand are set up to be a non contender.
That’s all fine and dandy but that’s not my argument or point. It’s about what we have done this era not what we could do. Once we do get this Monkey off our backs then can re-access argument.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think they have to dial it back and if they do is he the same game? Going to be real interesting they ran him so much he got hurt at the end. Same thing they did with Wentz.
And it ruined Wentz’s career. Exactly like Hurtz, Wentz looked like a MVP candidate until they ran him into significant leg injury and then…done. RGIII….same.
Take away Hurtz running and you get what he looked like the first two years…an inconsistent pocket passer who doesn’t see the field really well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your focus is on bad years in the past when we are currently in a good situation.
Again , it’s about the culmination of this era. The final chapters of history haven’t been written for this current run. It might not end as well as we hope.

And some of this era hadn’t been bad. We had a couple decent runs with Romo that came up short as well, similar to what we are seeing now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Again , it’s about the culmination of this era. The final chapters of history haven’t been written for this current run. It might not end as well as we hope.

And some of this era hadn’t been bad. We had a couple decent runs with Romo that came up short as well, similar to what we are seeing now.
I'm curious how the 5 year era will look, starting with the last 2 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all for continuing the thrashing of the doofus Dak-bots alternate reality but the real difference between the clubs is in the front office. Hurts has strengths and weaknesses and the Eagles front office recognizes them and doesn't try to build their team around their own fantasies of Hurts winning it all as a pocket passer. Dallas can't win it all relying on Dak's arm, they need quit planning and managing this team like that's actually going to work.
I trash Dak Haters Bots! Anyone that roots against their QB is the doofus and other words I can't say around here.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
And the best defensive minds in the game cannot figure out a way to stop the Mahomes-Kelce connection.

And the best offensive mind in this game for the last 20 years has been Andy Reid. Mahomes could not have landed with a better HC to help feed his need for creativity. Most of the new offensive plays that the Chiefs install every season are not Reid's, he lets his offense design them and thereby, own them. If I was an offensive player, Reid would be my first choice to play for and second place is a long way down the list.

I am not a Chiefs fan, Reid fan or Mahomes fan but when I look at what Mahomes can do and then Burrow, Allen, Herbert or Rodgers, the difference is eye opening. It's not even close between the best QB and those in 2-5 spots and that does not include Hurts or Prescott.

Hurts and Prescott aren't that different as QB's, what is different is their knowledge of the team that surrounds them. While they are the frontline, on that sideline is a huge difference in confidence boosting when the going gets tough.

Cannot separate the QB's from their coaches and this season both will have new play callers. And that change in play callers for Prescott was not his idea and he was not happy about it.
Mahomes is unreal. A top 5 QB talent in NFL history, possibly number 1 overall.

But what is most important is what you're talking about. He's in a system that knows what to do with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The gap between the Cowboys and Eagles lies in the front office.

FS1 chose the click-bait and lazy reason and it's not surprising that those with an agenda here gobble it up like free popcorn.

Yep..

Doug Pederson didn’t last long after his Super Bowl.

They moved on from Wentz quickly as well even though he performed at a MVP level for a season.

No chance Dallas makes either of those moves.

Garrett got a decade for consistent mediocrity.

JBS

Reaction score
That a bunch of people did not look at the teams before they bet. I could have told you that would be the easiest money you could make. Cowboys defense struggled against teams that pound the rock and control the ball and that is exactly what SF did to control ToP.

Similarly the offense has had the same problem for the past 2 years now and that is they struggle when teams play 2 deep safety and dare them to run. That is the strategy SF employed. They dared Cowboys to run up the middle knowing that they did not have the personnel to do so because their DLine could dominate the OLine. It was the weakness 2 years ago, as well as last year, and until they prove they can handle it, presumably the weakness this year as well. They need to figure out a way to deal with strong DLines that just can dominate their interior.
You clearly have no idea how lines are determined. Nice try

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm curious how the 5 year era will look, starting with the last 2 years.
The Dak era has been interesting. We’ve had a few opportunities to knock the Monkey off our backs in the playoffs. We shall see if we can finally get it done .

rambo2

Reaction score
The Dak era has been interesting. We’ve had a few opportunities to knock the Monkey off our backs in the playoffs. We shall see if we can finally get it done .
It would be awesome if it happens this year. Hopefully, the luck is with him this year and the bad karma goes to Hurts and the 49ers.

mcmvp

Reaction score
there is such a "gap" at QB that philly was willing to give up on Hurts and trade the farm away for Russ Wilson.
That was before last season. Pretty sure they are glad things worked out the way they did. But yes, Lurie has always loved RW. Even he has to see now that it would’ve been a bad move at his age