Funny Videos Thread

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Putting clothes on pets has always seemed to me like a medieval practice. Sure, they look soooooooo cuteeeee wearing outfits but it does not change the fact they still have fur.

I would like to see pet owners put on two or three extra layers of clothing. Just for kicks. Practically no one does that unless it is very cold, on drugs, or mentally unstable. And the worst thing to consider is the fact that someone doing so would NOT have a layer of fur underneath!

"Doesn't my Benji Wengy look soooo cuteee?" Sure thing. Now you go put on three blouses and four pairs on Daisy Dukes shorts and go sit outside in your yard. Yeah. Neighbors walking by will say you look soooo cuteeee too, while reaching for their cells to call 9-1-1...

/rant

PS I am conflicted about Siamese cats wearing outfits though. o_O *narf*

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Putting clothes on pets has always seemed to me like a medieval practice. Sure, they look soooooooo cuteeeee wearing outfits but it does not change the fact they still have fur.

I would like to see pet owners put on two or three extra layers of clothing. Just for kicks. Practically no one does that unless it is very cold, on drugs, or mentally unstable. And the worst thing to consider is the fact that someone doing so would NOT have a layer of fur underneath!

"Doesn't my Benji Wengy look soooo cuteee?" Sure thing. Now you go put on three blouses and four pairs on Daisy Dukes shorts and go sit outside in your yard. Yeah. Neighbors walking by will say you look soooo cuteeee too, while reaching for their cells to call 9-1-1...

/rant

PS I am conflicted about Siamese cats wearing outfits though. o_O *narf*
Siamese, or the hairless Sphynx Cat?

There are times when putting a sweater or something on an animal is necessary, as they aren't all bred for cold weather, but doing it to make them look cute (probably because you don't have kids of your own species) is just ridiculous.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Siamese, or the hairless Sphynx Cat?
Good catch. I was referring to the hairless breeds like the Sphynx, Ukrainian Levkoy, Bambino, Donskoy and Peterbald.
There are times when putting a sweater or something on an animal is necessary, as they aren't all bred for cold weather, but doing it to make them look cute (probably because you don't have kids of your own species) is just ridiculous.
If the pet is going outside for hours in sub-freezing weather, I agree. I disagree if the pet is exposed for only a half-hour or so. Their fur is meant for that purpose. Now if the owner and pet are living in Siberia or Antarctica, I totally agree.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good catch. I was referring to the hairless breeds like the Sphynx, Ukrainian Levkoy, Bambino, Donskoy and Peterbald.
If the pet is going outside for hours in sub-freezing weather, I agree. I disagree if the pet is exposed for only a half-hour or so. Their fur is meant for that purpose. Now if the owner and pet are living in Siberia or Antarctica, I totally agree.
Have you ever been in New England in Winter? Lol. There were days my German Shepherd just went straight to the woods, did his business and came back.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you ever been in New England in Winter? Lol. There were days my German Shepherd just went straight to the woods, did his business and came back.
My sister lives up there. She isn't a pet owner though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My sister lives up there. She isn't a pet owner though.
Remember, dogs were bred by humans, often with no regard to weather, and even in the case of dogs that were bred with climate in mind, not all people who own those dogs live in the proper climate. Usually, when you see a dog wearing a sweater, it's a small dog, and it's much harder for a small dog to retain heat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember, dogs were bred by humans, often with no regard to weather, and even in the case of dogs that were bred with climate in mind, not all people who own those dogs live in the proper climate. Usually, when you see a dog wearing a sweater, it's a small dog, and it's much harder for a small dog to retain heat.
Not a dog lover but my dog would hate me if I had one and lived up there. I would keep the dog inside until spring time. :muttley:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

were-going-to-need-a-bigger-net.jpg