Future Coach of your Dallas Cowboys...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;1303368 said:
Rob Ryan is the other Buddy Ryan son. He's the DC in Oakland right now. Most people don't think of good defense in Oakland because of there record but they actually do play pretty good defense out there.

Correct and I think word is he may be next in line to take the HC job for the Raiders.

IMO if he was smart he would take a job somewhere else and get out of dodge, unless Al steps down.

JBS

Reaction score
pending on what it would take to get Lovie smith in here I dont think it would be such a bad idea. I mean considering what he did for the rams in I believe 2000- they were amongst the worst defenses in the league and in his first year I am quite sure they were a top 5 maybe even a top 3 defense. and now when you take into consideration what he has done with the Bears who just a few years ago were amongst the laughing stock of the league I wouldnt be so against him coming in. He will definitely be able to take this D to the next level.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1303358 said:
Wow...that came out of nowhere.

Not picking on you but I never expected that name.

I don't even know if he gets any teams asking to come to the pros.

I guess I always thought he would be a College DC and stick with Bowden through thick and thin...I mean surely he could have had a HC in college by now.

I guess it's because I get to watch FSU almost every weekend being in the region. Without a doubt, their defenses have always been top-tier in the nation on a consistant basis and you see their product being displayed around the NFL.

Andrews is getting paid a huge amount of money at FSU. I believe he was offered many jobs a couple years ago before he signed his contract.

Like I said, he's a longshot, but that defense has been dominating ever since I can remember.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1303380 said:
Correct and I think word is he may be next in line to take the HC job for the Raiders.

IMO if he was smart he would take a job somewhere else and get out of dodge, unless Al steps down.

That would make sense and I probably agree with you. The issue would be, would he take it if offered? I don't know. If he didn't take it and Al hired somebody else, would they then let Ryan loss and bring in there own guy? I'd sure be interested in having him but I don't know if we could get him or not.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
IF... it has to be a Ryan (just the thought of Buddy makes me qweasy), I think I'd rather take Rob.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm still not sure if Parcells is leaving, but if he does, put me down for Rex Ryan out of Baltimore.