FWST Blog: Bennett starting to get it

parchy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2269429 said:
The fact that Garrett has him out there should tell you something. Also, keep an eye on his blocking, he is very powerful for a 21 year old. It’s only 2 games.

My point exactly. He hasn't done anything to be excited about yet. He can jump out of the stadium, can outrun every linebacker in the league and apparently has pretty good hands. But he's also a flake and a half and it's a 17-week+ haul to the end line, which doesn't favor players of his ilk.

I'm watching for him. The only gilded piece of his progression could be that after all we've heard and everybody's reaction to his 2nd round status, his expectations have been ground-floor low. I think that's driving a lot of these positive reactions.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
parchy;2269446 said:
My point exactly. He hasn't done anything to be excited about yet. He can jump out of the stadium, can outrun every linebacker in the league and apparently has pretty good hands. But he's also a flake and a half and it's a 17-week+ haul to the end line, which doesn't favor players of his ilk.

I'm watching for him. The only gilded piece of his progression could be that after all we've heard and everybody's reaction to his 2nd round status, his expectations have been ground-floor low. I think that's driving a lot of these positive reactions.

wow, you can't just enjoy it huh?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ok ...... Nobody root or be excited about Bennett till he "really does something".

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
parchy;2269463 said:
Enjoy what, exactly?

A rookie that has flashed. I mean he is a rookie right?

If you argue he hasn't shown any potential then that's just crazy talk.

What do you expect from a rookie? since I guess I am just happy with him showing some potential.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2269474 said:
Ok ...... Nobody root or be excited about Bennett till he "really does something".
But then if he does something, whatever that "something" is, then it'll be "I need to see even more of those "somethings."

Champsheart

Reaction score
All you can expect right now is somehow he contribute.

He is the 2nd TE and a rookie, if he can pick his spots to help the team win that is all I can ask.

You can see the athletic ability.

He moves well, and appears to have what it takes as a blocker.
2 plays he helped to make a difference, and almost a 3rd, how much more do you want?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
to be fair, parchy, Bennett has been doing alot of the dirty work blocking

flaky players usually balk when given that responsibility

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2269506 said:
But then if he does something, whatever that "something" is, then it'll be "I need to see even more of those "somethings."

Exactly

Except for Felix ..... Bennett has been more impressive in real games than any of our other rooks

Yet people are not playing these "but" games with Jenkins or Choice.

diekrazy

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2269303 said:
I really liked Aquaman too . The Justice League never showed enough of Aquaman , The Green Lantern , Hawkman , or Apache Chief . It was always just Batman , the Boy Wonder , Superman , and Wonder Woman .

Was Apache Chief the one that got bigger or was he the one that turned into a tornado?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2269543 said:
to be fair, parchy, Bennett has been doing alot of the dirty work blocking

flaky players usually balk when given that responsibility

Very nicely put Bobby.

Typically, most rookies aren't even seeing the field anywhere but special teams at this point. He's making contributions and he's doing that because Garrett (both of them) has seen enough from him to where they're comfortable putting him in games that count.

That was a huge game on Monday night and there he was, gaining 20 on a screen to pick up a first, almost catching a long third down conversion and making key blocks for other's carrying the ball.

I'm thrilled by what he's showing and can't wait until he's got about 10 games under his belt. Just imagine what he'll be able to do.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
diekrazy;2269592 said:
Was Apache Chief the one that got bigger or was he the one that turned into a tornado?

Apache Chief grew giant sized.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2269614 said:
Very nicely put Bobby.

Typically, most rookies aren't even seeing the field anywhere but special teams at this point. He's making contributions and he's doing that because Garrett (both of them) has seen enough from him to where they're comfortable putting him in games that count.

That was a huge game on Monday night and there he was, gaining 20 on a screen to pick up a first, almost catching a long third down conversion and making key blocks for other's carrying the ball.

I'm thrilled by what he's showing and can't wait until he's got about 10 games under his belt. Just imagine what he'll be able to do.

I'm excited

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Granted, he still has a lot to prove.... but.. I love this guy!!! He has mad potential and is a beast when he gets the ball in his hands.

sbark

Reaction score
Witten's "tough Love" is paying off......kids got skills, getting coached up by TE coach Garrett

Kudos to whoever made the draft pik........Jerry, Wade.......

Give him a couple of years...he will have passed up Schockey

Nexx

Reaction score
i honestly feel as though they hit on all of the first 5 picks in this years draft.

jones, jenkins, bennett, choice and sandrick should all be solid to probowl caliber players for many years.