FWST Blog: Bennett starting to get it

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The NFL is where boys become men or they go home. Bennett has gotten by his entire life on pure talent. Now real coaching will harness that talent and the skies not even the limit with this kid. 4 years from now nobody will remember his immaturity just that he's great and makes it look so easy.http://i185.***BLOCKED***/albums/x208/samck4/Cowboys/thMarkItDown.gif

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2269422 said:
Bennett had that long first down catch too, until Dawkins timed it perfectly and hit the ball (and Bennett's hands) with his helment. If you watch that play in slow motion, you can tell that Martellus caught the ball a split second before getting hammered.

I don't blame him for dropping it either because that hit Dawkins put on the ball was perfect and would have made anyone drop the ball.

Yessir. That was a bonecrushing hit but............I think Tellus was a tad lackadaisical in snaring the ball. Seemed like he didn't "feel" the heat arouond him. That's ok tho. He'll get those kinds of things. I like this guy. He blocks with a mission.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2269303 said:
I really liked Aquaman too . The Justice League never showed enough of Aquaman , The Green Lantern , Hawkman , or Apache Chief . It was always just Batman , the Boy Wonder , Superman , and Wonder Woman .

Yeah, but there comes a time when you have to put Superman down.

And pick up some Marvel comic books. You know, I gave away the first 50 to 100 of Conan, FF, Spiderman and the XMen.

No wonder I'm still not rich.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think some got carried away and based an opinion on Bennett based on a so called reality show. Bennett was not a problem player at Texas A&M, he has always been a bit quirky but he is also a very gifted and talented player and has excelled at whatever sports he has played be it football or basketball. HBO presented an unfair view of Bennett and I'm glad he is now showing people what he is really all about.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2270749 said:
I think some got carried away and based an opinion on Bennett based on a so called reality show. Bennett was not a problem player at Texas A&M, he has always been a bit quirky but he is also a very gifted and talented player and has excelled at whatever sports he has played be it football or basketball. HBO presented an unfair view of Bennett and I'm glad he is now showing people what he is really all about.

IMO, they showed an unfair view of most everybody. I still wonder why they showed(Lattimore?) tripping on the stairs. Stupid. They were definitely there to drudge up something..................anything.

I hope Jerry re-thinks this gig if it's offered again.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seven;2270791 said:
IMO, they showed an unfair view of most everybody. I still wonder why they showed(Lattimore?) tripping on the stairs. Stupid. They were definitely there to drudge up something..................anything.

I agree and I hope Jerry re-thinks it next time. HBO was trying to create a story line and showed you what they wanted to fit the story they were trying to portray. There was nothing real about it.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Seven;2270791 said:

Nah, you never really know to be honest. Would Bennett have woken up to what he needed to do to be a good player this early if he didn't get the abuse from Hard Knocks? Noone will ever really know the answer to that, but you would have to think that his actions go the attention of everyone, and maybe made him start to listen.

This is the Dallas Cowboys, attention will always be there. I want to see as much of them as possible, cause not all in that was bad. If they want to pick on Bennett, but we get to know more of our other players, then so be it.....call it rookie hazing.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
He has 1 reception for 20 yards. You would think he was averaging 5 receptions a game around here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2270912 said:
He has 1 reception for 20 yards. You would think he was averaging 5 receptions a game around here.
Really? How so? Wade said he was getting it. Most folks are pleased with that pronouncement. All most people have said is that they like what they've seen so far.

It's two games in and just the fact that he and our other rooks are contributing at all early, is something to be happy about.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am excited too, but I temper my enthusiasm until he becomes a bigger part of our offense. Fasano had 3 catches in his first start (second game) and look where he is now.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2270940 said:
I am excited too, but I temper my enthusiasm until he becomes a bigger part of our offense. Fasano had 3 catches in his first start (second game) and look where he is now.
I think most folks have the same level of enthusiasm. Truthfully, I don't recall the same enthusiasm for Fasano. Most hated the pick and it was definitely a head scratcher for those who didn't hate it.

I didn't hate or love the Bennett pick, just hope he continues to improve and contribute. And I think that's the position alot of people in this thread have expressed.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2269334 said:
So he has a healthy obsession with Aquaman. That's much better than liking PoleDancing Woman or Hemp Man.

:laugh2: Anybody see if he has a Transformers collection? There's a pretty healthy interest in those among those under thirty.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2270964 said:
I think most folks have the same level of enthusiasm. Truthfully, I don't recall the same enthusiasm for Fasano. Most hated the pick and it was definitely a head scratcher for those who didn't hate it.

I didn't hate or love the Bennett pick, just hope he continues to improve and contribute. And I think that's the position alot of people in this thread have expressed.

The pick was a head scratcher for me but I'm in love with the pick now. I think this one is going to work out.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
pbthal;2269349 said:
I am also on the Aquaman bandwagon, one of my favorite superheroes
I thought the man from the atlantis was not appreciated more.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2270964 said:
I think most folks have the same level of enthusiasm. Truthfully, I don't recall the same enthusiasm for Fasano.
That's because Bennett has already shown 10x the potential of Fasano.

billknows

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2269270 said:
Bennett starting to get it
Cowboys rookie tight end Martellus Bennett is starting to get what kind of commitment it takes to play in the NFL. After being hammered by Hard Knocks, which scrutinized his care-free attitude, Bennett appears to be progressing much better since leaving Oxnard. Bennett has blocked well and had a nice 20-yard reception against the Eagles -- his first catch in the league.

"He's worked at it and he knows what it takes to play pro football," Wade Phillips said. "I don't think he did at first."

Wade said Bennett needs a tight ends coach like John Garrett, who coaches him through every step and has been in his ear since the day he arrived at Valley Ranch.

"I think he was going to get it," Phillips said. "He just wasn't quite ready for what it was going to take. As he went along he got better."

But just when you think Bennett's all focused on football and getting better, he talks at his locker today of several minutes about super heroes and his love for Aquaman. How old is this guy, anyway?

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 01:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

Aquaman could be a refrence to HBO's show Entourage ...bet it is , and thats to funny hehehe ,:laugh2: one of my favorites