FWST Blog: Bolt's people have contacted Owens about a possible race

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
khiladi;2283556 said:
What is funny about the whole thing is that everybody runs on a synthetic track with synthetic shoes, not just Holt... Holt is smoking everybody...

I agree ...... All I said is that I do not believe he could beat Hayes.

And I do not believe he could beat Owens running "backwards"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speed is an illusion. Watching fast runners on TV is subjective perception based on other runners nearby.

Collins for example had been zig-zagging all over the field and was running cautiously behind his blockers. After being blocked, TO made a direct line (angle) for Collins which made him appear to be faster than everyone else.

When you watch runners like Bolt on TV in the olympics, you see the other runners staying near him which gives the illusion that he's not that fast, just fast enough. However, if you see the runners in person your mouth will drop after seeing just how fast they are.

I like TO's attitude and hussle but I think from a PR perspective, he's setting himself up to be laughed at and mocked by fans and the media for a long time.

Reaction score
zrinkill;2283554 said:
Who does the Eagles play this weekend Fools?

:lmao2: Seriously... Dont be a stooge.

I forgot you cant invite friends into a public forum and be accused of being an Eagles fan by someone...

MrMom

Reaction score
zrinkill;2283529 said:
I think people are underestimating Owens and overestimating Bolt.

If Bolt and Hayes were allowed to run on the same track, both in their prime, I think Hayes would beat him.

Bolt runs on synthetic tracks with shoes built specifically to him.

Bolt has been hyped up because they wanted people to be interested in the Olympics again.

:lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality;2283563 said:
Speed is an illusion. Watching fast runners on TV is subjective perception based on other runners nearby.

Collins for example had been zig-zagging all over the field and was running cautiously behind his blockers. After being blocked, TO made a direct line (angle) for Collins which made him appear to be faster than everyone else.

When you watch runners like Bolt on TV in the olympics, you see the other runners staying near him which gives the illusion that he's not that fast, just fast enough. However, if you see the runners in person your mouth will drop after seeing just how fast they are.

I like TO's attitude and hussle but I think from a PR perspective, he's setting him set up to be laughed at and mocked by fans and the media for a long time.
This is Terrell Owens. He wants to be laughed at and mocked by fans. The media? He would love receiving both from the media long after he has left professional football behind him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So everyone here thinks that given the same track and shoes in his prime, that Bolt could beat Hayes?

Oh well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2283579 said:
So everyone here think that given the same track and shoes in his prime, that Bolt could beat Hayes?

Oh well.
I believe that it would be a closer race than some might think. Much closer than the last month's Olympic finals, in fact, but I don't see Hayes beating Bolt in his prime.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
let em run at each other from opposite ends of the track in the same lane in pads with a football

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bolt sets a world record and show boats with 15 meters left.

If there is anyone in history that could beat Bolt i'd love to know who it was.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
zrinkill;2283529 said:
I think people are underestimating Owens and overestimating Bolt.

If Bolt and Hayes were allowed to run on the same track, both in their prime, I think Hayes would beat him.

Bolt runs on synthetic tracks with shoes built specifically to him.

Bolt has been hyped up because they wanted people to be interested in the Olympics again.

wOW... Your one funny guy.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I'd like to see him race Darren Sproles(returner from San Diego)

He can run for a little guy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Timbo2st;2283606 said:
I'd like to see him race Darren Sproles(returner from San Diego)

He can run for a little guy.
That would be a boring beat-down. But back to the Jamaican track team as a whole, it's funny that for all these years they've been just a middle of the pack group, all of them, men/women are basically superior to the world now? hmmm

kapolani

Reaction score
Clove;2283630 said:
That would be a boring beat-down. But back to the Jamaican track team as a whole, it's funny that for all these years they've been just a middle of the pack group, all of them, men/women are basically superior to the world now? hmmm

They've been smoking the good stuff...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2283541 said:
Uh...

Hype didn't run those incredible times. That's just pure talent.

CL... is that you in your sig?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
peplaw06;2283560 said:
Didn't TO request a 20 m head start when they were talking about racing him earlier?

Yes, he mentioned that with a 20 yd head start, he would like to race Bolt in the 100.

Jones should not allow it until after the season is over.

It is one thing to be laughed at for losing the race, .. but yet another to be laughed at for tweaking a hamstring and missing games.

:america:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality;2283563 said:

I like TO's attitude and hussle but I think from a PR perspective, he's setting himself up to be laughed at and mocked by fans and the media for a long time.

Bolt is stupid-fast, but on a football field I don't think TO would embarrass himself. On a track would be a different story, but even then, I'm not sure what anyone would laugh at about losing to Usain Bolt.

I think it's awesome that TO would consider it, though. That's just pure fun, and it says a lot about his competitive character that he wants to do it, knowing he'll lose.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;2283661 said:
Yes, he mentioned that with a 20 yd head start, he would like to race Bolt in the 100.

Jones should not allow it until after the season is over.

It is one thing to be laughed at for losing the race, .. but yet another to be laughed at for tweaking a hamstring and missing games.

:america:
:hammer:

Temo

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but as an avid Track enthusiast...

Anyone who thinks Bolt would lose to Hayes under any circumstances is crazy.