FWST Blog: Bolt's people have contacted Owens about a possible race

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2283908 said:
Let's do Bolt vs Austin.

Problem is, Austin would run at a 45 degree angle to the finish line and lose by a mile.

i'd still think it interesting but definitely moreso under non-track conditions.

I remember watching the track guys who competed in the Superstars and see them get smoked by the likes of Darrell Green every year in the 100.

Most of the track guys build up to an event and maintain that speed for a very short period of time but Green would be on his timed speed every day of the year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jterrell;2283917 said:
i'd still think it interesting but definitely moreso under non-track conditions.

I remember watching the track guys who competed in the Superstars and see them get smoked by the likes of Darrell Green every year in the 100.

Most of the track guys build up to an event and maintain that speed for a very short period of time but Green would be on his timed speed every day of the year.

I don't remember seeing any sprinters run the 100 yard dash in the Superstars. I remember every baseball player getting smoked including Vince Coleman.

raichledog

Reaction score
zrinkill;2283529 said:
I think people are underestimating Owens and overestimating Bolt.

If Bolt and Hayes were allowed to run on the same track, both in their prime, I think Hayes would beat him.

Bolt runs on synthetic tracks with shoes built specifically to him.

Bolt has been hyped up because they wanted people to be interested in the Olympics again.

Wow... I'm a huge Cowboy "homer" but you my friend take the cake! The Bullet was the fastest man in the world in his day, but do you realize that Bolt ran over 3/10'ths faster and he flat out coasted the last 18 meters? Do you realize that Bolt was the only human in HISTORY to be clocked at OVER 30 mph? He topped out at 32 mph. THe previous best was Donovan Bailey at 28 mph. Think about that for a minute, he was running over 4 mph faster than any person, man or woman in the history of the world.

Hayes was not considered a great starter but was faster than anyone once at speed. Bolt is of the same ilk, only he took it to a new level that might not be reached for a very VERY long time but anyone but himself.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Timbo2st;2283606 said:
I'd like to see him race Darren Sproles(returner from San Diego)

He can run for a little guy.
i am impressed you are here

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How fast was Hayes' time in the anchor leg for the relay team in the Olympics? Obviously not the same as a dash but people are mentioning top speed. Just wondering since you can get his mph from the time and distance.

Reaction score
zrinkill;2285145 said:
This coming from a guy who is obsessed with the QB of another team.

:lmao2:

Its not obsession... I just followed him at ND. Once again your forum rules baffle me.

1) Can't invite friends who are fans of rivals to forum.
2) Can't root for players of favorite college team on forum.
3) Ban anyone who thinks Bob Hayes couldn't beat Usain Bolt.

What rule are you going to make up next?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
jobberone;2285156 said:
How fast was Hayes' time in the anchor leg for the relay team in the Olympics? Obviously not the same as a dash but people are mentioning top speed. Just wondering since you can get his mph from the time and distance.

8.5 seconds ...... Powells was at 8.7 this year.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
CATCH17;2283593 said:
Bolt sets a world record and show boats with 15 meters left.

If there is anyone in history that could beat Bolt i'd love to know who it was.

Oh, cmon. You know the drill.

Lots of Cowboy players could beat Bolt in a drill.

Newman. Austin. Jones (any of them). Etc, etc, etc.

joseephuss

Reaction score
raichledog;2285555 said:
His 2nd 100 meters in his 200m final was covered in 8.25.

Then that was a slow 11.05 s for his first 100m since his final time was 19.30s.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
My people have Contacted TO and Bolts people. I am going to with a 20 yard start smoke them both!