FWST Blog: Romo wearing bigger cast, still not talking

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo wearing bigger cast, still not talking

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo rolled through the locker room quickly on Monday hoping not to be seen, grabbing a pair of running shoes out of his locker. He had his right pinkie in a cast and put it under his left arm when the TV cameras spotted him.

Romo had a sizable cas on his hand and barely looked up and didn't talk with reporters. It remains unclear if he will return this week. Romo also did not talk after the Rams game Sunday afternoon.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:50 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Don Corleone

Reaction score
How far have we fallen now that we have people checking out the thickness of Romo's cast...and then they write articles about it?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2359072 said:
How far have we fallen now that we have people checking out the thickness of Romo's cast...and then they write articles about it?

The Cowboys are a buzz. What do you expect?

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
He's not playing this week. He is soft just like the rest of this team.

He will come back when the team in 4-7 in week 12 & all the pressure is off

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's a bit of a cover-up (no pun intended, based on story) and perhaps (pure speculation here) Romo re-injured the hand trying to throw too much this week (sounded like it got worse as week went along didn't it). Or, maybe he made it worse? Bigger cast? Or they just felt, it wasn't going to happen - too much pain/risk - so lets really immobilize the sucker and quit messing around.

That Romo throwing really messed up the Rams' game plan didn't it!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359107 said:
Tony while a helluva QB is not the leader I had hoped he would be.

Well, we don't really know how he is behind closed doors. Some leaders don't yell or show emotion on the sidelines.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359107 said:
Tony while a helluva QB is not the leader I had hoped he would be.

that is a ridiculous comment

If his finger is broken, it's broken. There is a difference between playing with pain and playing injured.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2359094 said:

Do you really call yourself a "Cowboys fan"?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2359155 said:
that is a ridiculous comment

If his finger is broken, it's broken. There is a difference between playing with pain and playing injured.

Who said anything about not playing?

Where is Tony standing in front of the players and the media saying we are going to be alright. Why is he ducking interviews? I don't see Tony getting in anyone's face during the games and demanding more of his O-line. Where was Tony when the team wasn't playing well. He was sulking too.

This is NOT a leader. He is a great QB, but NOT a leader.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

Tony is the least of our problems ..... in fact Tony, Ware, Witten, and Barber/Jones are the only things that give us hope for the future.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2359140 said:
Well, we don't really know how he is behind closed doors. Some leaders don't yell or show emotion on the sidelines.

He needs to show it on the field and sidelines and in front of the media....imo

Before everyone piles on...I'm not saying ROMO is the problem, he's just not the leader I hoped he would be. I was hoping for an Aikman/Brady/P. Manning type of attitude on the field/sidelines.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he could have played yesterday he would have been in there. Same for this week. He should have lost the soft tag after the beat down he got in Arizona. Dude stood there and took shot after shot and kept coming back for more.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359182 said:
Who said anything about not playing?

Where is Tony standing in front of the players and the media saying we are going to be alright. Why is he ducking interviews? I don't see Tony getting in anyone's face during the games and demanding more of his O-line. Where was Tony when the team wasn't playing well. He was sulking too.

This is NOT a leader. He is a great QB, but NOT a leader.

so no he has to yell at his Oline? yell at his teammates?

he is a quiet leader, you saw him sitting with Garrett and Johnson yesterday going over the faxes during the game, he was right in there.

Why should he do an interview, he's injured. If he says all will be allright, follow up, are you playing, he says now, then follow up, how do you know the team will be all right etc

He never ducked an interview after a loss when he played.

Then when he said all would be fine, and he wasn't worried about his turnovers, all I heard was, see that is no leader, he isn't owning his problems etc

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Wow. It must suck to be as ignorant about football as you are.