FWST Blog: Romo wearing bigger cast, still not talking

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359107 said:
Tony while a helluva QB is not the leader I had hoped he would be.

Where has it been said that he's not playing? Over re-action Monday!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
None of the players should be talking to the media. They ought to give them a roll of duct tape and they should answer each question by tearing off a 4 inch strip and handing it to the asking reporter to tape their mouths shut.

Duct tape fixes everything. Let their silence be a symbol of getting this fixed.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2359217 said:
so no he has to yell at his Oline? yell at his teammates?

he is a quiet leader, you saw him sitting with Garrett and Johnson yesterday going over the faxes during the game, he was right in there.

Why should he do an interview, he's injured. If he says all will be allright, follow up, are you playing, he says now, then follow up, how do you know the team will be all right etc

He never ducked an interview after a loss when he played.

Then when he said all would be fine, and he wasn't worried about his turnovers, all I heard was, see that is no leader, he isn't owning his problems etc

If he needs to yell...then yup YELL. Look at his body language the last month prior to the injury. Did he insipe any confidence when things went south.

Let me turn this around

What HAS he done that shows leadership to you? Aside from playing decently which he paid extremely well to do so.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359182 said:
Who said anything about not playing?

Where is Tony standing in front of the players and the media saying we are going to be alright. Why is he ducking interviews? I don't see Tony getting in anyone's face during the games and demanding more of his O-line. Where was Tony when the team wasn't playing well. He was sulking too.

This is NOT a leader. He is a great QB, but NOT a leader.

Exactly. I know we don't see the whole game on Romo but every time they showed him he was sitting on the bench or by himself except at the end when he was with romo. Anyone who says Romo is a leader is just missing it...even when he was playing he was not that great of a leader...remeber the cards game?? The guy just sat there on the bench sulking the whole game.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Did any of you guys see the video of his warmup before the game...he couldn't throw the ball!

He sucked...it's not about the pain, which can be managed...he has to be able to throw the football.

favre's broken thumb was not on his throwing hand...I don't think Romo plays this week either...the cast is a sure sign they are trying to get it to heal.

Maybe he gets back the following week for Washington.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I am THRILLED Tony isn't saying crap the press. Now if the rest of the team would take the same approach and just be quiet and fix the problems.

Rolls of duct tape all around. I can dig it Hos.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;2359484 said:
Did any of you guys see the video of his warmup before the game...he couldn't throw the ball!

He sucked...it's not about the pain, which can be managed...he has to be able to throw the football.

favre's broken thumb was not on his throwing hand...I don't think Romo plays this week either...the cast is a sure sign they are trying to get it to heal.

Maybe he gets back the following week for Washington.
Giants.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359483 said:
Nor did I EVER say that. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

No. The implication reinforced by your lame definition of what you think a leader is or should be is flawed at best.
Time and time again #9 has bailed this team, that defense, that special teams unit, out of holes. This team believes in him, and they rely on him, to a fault, to continue to make the extraordinary - ordinary. That's a leader; not some "Rah Rah Shish Boom Bah" in your face jack ***.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Doctor32;2359570 said:
No. The implication reinforced by your lame definition of what you think a leader is or should be is flawed at best.
Time and time again #9 has bailed this team, that defense, that special teams unit, out of holes. This team believes in him, and they rely on him, to a fault, to continue to make the extraordinary - ordinary. That's a leader; not some "Rah Rah Shish Boom Bah" in your face jack ***.

So, simple question: Has Romo demonstrated leadership qualitities THIS year. Please provide examples.

TIA.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359591 said:
So, simple question: Has Romo demonstrated leadership qualitities THIS year. Please provide examples.

TIA.

The simple fact is "NO ONE" on this team has stepped up like a leader should. This is why we have all the problems we have been having.

The attitude that Romo had after the Bengals game (A why is everyone so upset after we won mentality) is what has many of us questioning his leadership qualities.

After watching the last two games it is only evident that this entire team is made up of followers. The players have all taken on the mentality of the Head Coach and what appeared to be an "oh well" kind of attitude.

Romo isn't the only problem on this team. But as someone once told me if you aren't going to be part of the solution....then you must be part of the problem. The same can be said for every player and coach in the locker room.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo is not the problem with the team at all. He is one of the only things good about this team. Thy all respond to his play. That was how it has been since he took over from Bledsoe 2 years ago.

His play ignited the play of the whole team last year when we went 13-3.

Romo makes things happen for this team. Anybody who says anything different is not paying attention. Barber added a spark last year but Romo is the man that makes this team go offensively and Defensively. They feed off the excitement he brings.

Yesterday was just a prime example of that. The team did give up because after a half of watching Johnson they knew they had no chance!!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
DABOYZ;2359730 said:
The simple fact is "NO ONE" on this team has stepped up like a leader should. This is why we have all the problems we have been having.

The attitude that Romo had after the Bengals game (A why is everyone so upset after we won mentality) is what has many of us questioning his leadership qualities.

After watching the last two games it is only evident that this entire team is made up of followers. The players have all taken on the mentality of the Head Coach and what appeared to be an "oh well" kind of attitude.

Romo isn't the only problem on this team. But as someone once told me if you aren't going to be part of the solution....then you must be part of the problem. The same can be said for every player and coach in the locker room.

The attitude you see from Romo toward the media is a result from the media overblowing everything he does.

He learned that after the trip to Mexico last year!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2359473 said:
None of the players should be talking to the media. They ought to give them a roll of duct tape and they should answer each question by tearing off a 4 inch strip and handing it to the asking reporter to tape their mouths shut.

Duct tape fixes everything. Let their silence be a symbol of getting this fixed.

And yet when Parcells had the gag order on them and the coaches he was crucified. We are never happy.;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2359806 said:
And yet when Parcells had the gag order on them and the coaches he was crucified. We are never happy.;)
I'd like a little more Parcells-style duct tape on injury reporting. That's for sure.

Parcells gave you nothing. Wade gives so much information, it becomes a bunch of misinformation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas;2359493 said:
I am THRILLED Tony isn't saying crap the press. Now if the rest of the team would take the same approach and just be quiet and fix the problems.

Rolls of duct tape all around. I can dig it Hos.
It's a little more subtle than Antonio Pierce's bullhorn last year in Giants land.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I wish Nick Folk would start talking smack.

That would be awesome.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2359816 said:
I'd like a little more Parcells-style duct tape on injury reporting. That's for sure.

Parcells gave you nothing. Wade gives so much information, it becomes a bunch of misinformation.

Yes mam. I think Parcells knew what mental morons most of this team is.
Phillips must be one of those parents who think kids belong in adult conversations.

I liked Parcells style way, way better. Not to mention he was pretty funny and the press HAD to respect him. If not he made them look foolish, not vise versa as we have today.