FWST Blog: Romo wearing bigger cast, still not talking

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Vintage;2359829 said:
I wish Nick Folk would start talking smack.

That would be awesome.

HAAHHAAA!! Or just run over to one of our lineman and kick him square in the :moon: .

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2359839 said:
Yes mam. I think Parcells knew what mental morons most of this team is.
Phillips must be one of those parents who think kids belong in adult conversations.

I liked Parcells style way, way better. Not to mention he was pretty funny and the press HAD to respect him. If not he made them look foolish, not vise versa as we have today.
I wouldn't say I was a huge fan of everything Parcells, but I do think a little less talking wouldn't hurt.

As for the respect factor, people didn't respect Wade to begin with. He could've done everything Parcells way and there would still be no respect. Right now, Wade is on track to do a Parcells-style 2nd year crash, so that just adds to the overall lack of respect.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359591 said:
So, simple question: Has Romo demonstrated leadership qualitities THIS year. Please provide examples.

TIA.

Coming back against the Cardinals, continuing to stand there and get pummeled that game, almost coming back against the Commanders, the drive against the Bengals to ice the game, not quitting against the Eagles when he almost fumbled the game away

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2359862 said:
I wouldn't say I was a huge fan of everything Parcells, but I do think a little less talking wouldn't hurt.

As for the respect factor, people didn't respect Wade to begin with. He could've done everything Parcells way and there would still be no respect. Right now, Wade is on track to do a Parcells-style 2nd year crash, so that just adds to the overall lack of respect.

I agree with moost of this. I didn't see it as a Parcells crash though.
I saw it as a Parcells "up- coached" team year one, that no one thought would fight that hard.
He then purged the garbage and started over. He knew year one was smoke and mirrors. Jerry patience or lack there of started to get tested and he started to call more of the shots (owens) IMOP. Parcells saw this an made an exit.

What I would have loved to see was Parcells in OUR front office.
But we all know JJ would never allow any one in there.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2359072 said:
How far have we fallen now that we have people checking out the thickness of Romo's cast...and then they write articles about it?

They didn't write "articles" about it.

I don't think you understand what a blog is.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20, and I wasn't smart enough to see this in advance, but the Cowboys really played the Romo situation badly this last week. By making Romo the #2, they cut Johnson off at the knees. You know that when things started going badly, the players looked to the bench to see if Romo was going to come in and save things, rather than trying to win with the players they had. Sitting Romo was absolutely the right thing to do, even if he could have thrown the ball reasonably well. If he took a hit and broke his fall with his hand, he could have really hurt himself. To avoid that mistake, Wade should let all the players know that Romo is eith IN or OUT this week, not somewhere in the middle.

alby

Reaction score
I highly doubt it was Tony's decision to sit out this week.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2359940 said:
They didn't write "articles" about it.

I don't think you understand what a blog is.

I know what a blog is, but the fact that this is written by a news outlet is kinda funny.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2359094 said:
He's not playing this week. He is soft just like the rest of this team.

He will come back when the team in 4-7 in week 12 & all the pressure is off

You are a moron. This is a public forum, but it would be better for all parties involved if you kept your thoughts to yourself and no longer posted on here anymore.

Thanks

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
October 20, 2008
Tony Romo's cast
8:55 PM Mon, Oct 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The Cowboys quarterback was not sporting a bigger cast today. He was wearing the same cast he's had for the last week. He actually has two casts or splints. One that he wears when he's practicing and one that he wears when he's not at Valley Ranch.

That cast pretty much holds his outside fingers in place but allows for some movement with his index finger.

By the way, Denver is without starting quarterback Jay Cutler because of an injury to his right index finger suffered on the first play tonight vs. New England. Patrick Ramsey is now quarterbacking for the Broncos.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doctor32;2359570 said:
No. The implication reinforced by your lame definition of what you think a leader is or should be is flawed at best.
Time and time again #9 has bailed this team, that defense, that special teams unit, out of holes. This team believes in him, and they rely on him, to a fault, to continue to make the extraordinary - ordinary. That's a leader; not some "Rah Rah Shish Boom Bah" in your face jack ***.
You got that right, Doctor32. You're as cool as the guy in your sig.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;2359882 said:
Coming back against the Cardinals, continuing to stand there and get pummeled that game, almost coming back against the Commanders, the drive against the Bengals to ice the game, not quitting against the Eagles when he almost fumbled the game away
Don't forget the Cleveland game when he had the bloody chin that required 17 stitches, but kept going and led the team to a touchdown.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I was unaware that cast's could speak..............All this time I had my friends signing it.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2361395 said:
It's time for Romo to take the blame.

This post is implementing the brand new WOW offense...

Writers
Of
Worthlessness

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Thanks for making our team a three ring circus WADE!!!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
How ridiculous is it that our QB can't even be in his own locker room in fear of being hounded by the media.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2359182 said:
Who said anything about not playing?

Where is Tony standing in front of the players and the media saying we are going to be alright. Why is he ducking interviews? I don't see Tony getting in anyone's face during the games and demanding more of his O-line. Where was Tony when the team wasn't playing well. He was sulking too.

This is NOT a leader. He is a great QB, but NOT a leader.
I agree. I like Tony but someone on this team needs to take charge and he's supposed to be the leader.