FWST Blog: Wednesday locker room report... Spencer ready to go

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2283780 said:
Spencer could be the missing link to turn our D into a dominating D

YEEHAW!! I like the Crazy way you think bud!:D

I hope so as well... Seems like the pass D is getting better by the week, now just need that 1985 Chicago fire-breathing pass rush

Reaction score
Cowboys OLB Anthony Spencer (knee) will rejoin the lineup this week.

He'll play special teams and replace Greg Ellis on some early downs, but Ellis will stay in during nickel situations because he's a finer blitzer.
Source: NFL.com

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Anthony Spencer, Sam Hurd look ready to go

4:14 PM Wed, Sep 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Wade Phillips said OLB Anthony Spencer and Sam Hurd had full participation in today's practice, so it looks like both will be able to play Sunday against the Commanders.

Hurd's return doesn't necessarily cut into Miles Austin's role. Phillips said the coaches would find ways to get both receivers onto the field, and they might even give the starters an occasional rest.

In other news, Cory Procter returns to the starting lineup at left guard with Kyle Kosier out, but Montrae Holland is getting some first-team reps.

Little Jr

Reaction score
theebs;2283692 said:
Great news on spencer.

I just want to add I was just in the kroger grocery store near my house and they have t-shirts with romo's face on them that say Tony Romo for president!!

pretty funny.

I have one but I got mine from a Cowboys store about 6 monts ago. I'm sure the ones at Krogers are a little cheaper.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
We definitely need to hope Spence is fully healthy now. We need to get him in there for his pash rush and to spell Ellis and Ware. I've been wondering if Hatcher could have spelled them when Spencer was out...not to mention Justin Rogers.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York;2283676 said:
We sae the articles throughout camp talk up Austin and he's come through and impressed. Spencer was raved about as well. Hopefully his impact is felt just as quickly. His rotation at OLB could really ramp up the rush against a mobile QB like Campbell.

CowboyManDan;2285223 said:
We definitely need to hope Spence is fully healthy now. We need to get him in there for his pash rush and to spell Ellis and Ware. I've been wondering if Hatcher could have spelled them when Spencer was out...not to mention Justin Rogers.

I think they'll try and find a way to get Ellis, Ware and Spencer on the field at the same time. They should be able to in 3rd and long.

Ware and Ellis were both gassed at the end of the game. I don't see how Ware kept it up the entire game. He'll certainly be more effective if rotated out some. It should upgrade the pass rush a lot IMO.

MONT17

Reaction score
Hardknocks showd spencer missin treatments so if the guy can't stay healthy its probally his fault. I would draft a passrusher at some point on day1 or early day2. But like the wrs in the 08 draft the cowboys scouts will not be able to find someone who can develop into a better player than what we have on the roster.

newlander

Reaction score
LOL DallasEast...lI believe Campbell just "sharted.".................

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I hope Spencer comes in on some 3rd down nickel situations as well.

gambit187

Reaction score
DallasEast;2283733 said:
What..?

What was that sound..?

I think...

I think I just heard Jason Campbell poop a little on himself...

I would not say Jason Campbell is all that mobile, he will scramble if he has to, but he is mainly a pocket passer

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wade just confirmed in the PC today that Spencer is healthy, looks good, and is ready to go.

:eek:hboy:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gambit187;2285890 said:
I would not say Jason Campbell is all that mobile, he will scramble if he has to, but he is mainly a pocket passer
If Ware, Ellis and/or Spencer can get pressure from the ends, any semblance of a pocket will collapse on Campbell. I expect just that to happen with the addition of Spencer, but should he decide to scramble, so be it. He's not going to beat Dallas with his legs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Spencer ready to go

Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer says he will return to full participation in practice on Wednesday. Spencer has missed two of the first three games with an injured knee and missed the Green Bay game. The knee was sore last week as he was bothered by the scar tissue breaking up from his Aug. 20 knee surgery.

The Cowboys are anxious to get Spencer back on the field and get the disruptive player they saw in training camp.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:35 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Best news so far....what about Hurd????