FWST: Jerry says he's bringing Pacman back in 2009

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Despite all the distractions/headaches he has caused this season, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is committed to having Pacman Jones with the team in 2009. Not really surprising considering Jerry welcomed him back after the suspension. Pacman has a four-year contract with the Cowboys that includes no guaranteed money.

If he stays out of trouble and finishes the season strong, the Cowboys might start working him in as a starter in the offseason for Anthony Henry. The bets are that the Cowboys begin to shift Henry to full-time safety at some point. Even Henry expects this at some point.

Here's Jerry when asked Wednesday if he expects Pacman back next year....

"I do. Yes. Yes, I do. He's a good player. He's a hard worker. He's certainly addressing any league issues and you put all that in the thought process and I see him back."

- Rick Herrin

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if he can just stay out of trouble during the offseason, the fact I even got to ask that question is crazy. If he stays out of trouble he can help the team. So we shall see.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't see why not. He's about as cheap as it gets and is a starter when he's playing, so it makes sense.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dargonking999;2504104 said:
I'd fire everyone but Ware, Folk, and the Rookies

Thank goodness you are only allowed to post silliness on internet fan forums.

/whew :p:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Does this all mean Roy is gone?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dmq;2504112 said:
Does this all mean Roy is gone?
Not necessarily. It may mean that Henry is off the field on base packages and only plays FS in subpackages.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
dargonking999;2504118 said:
The cheerleaders can never be fired

They are not everyone.

They are angels man

You can' fire angels man!!!

Thank god...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No big shocker here. As long as he stays out of trouble I figured he'd be back next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this is a mistake they guy has not shown the ability to stay out of trouble and all the talent in the world means nothing if you going out and getting into trouble and ending up being suspended. For the sake of the team I hope he can stay out of trouble but if he was suspended tomorrow I would not bat an eye over it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He'll be luxury at that point, with Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick and Henry we are covered if he acts up again and you know I wouldn't be against using a late round draft pick on another CB.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2504094 said:
It will be interesting to see if he can just stay out of trouble during the offseason, the fact I even got to ask that question is crazy. If he stays out of trouble he can help the team. So we shall see.

:hammer:

The eternal optimist in me thinks pacman will be just fine. Calvin should receive a raise for the amount of work Jerry has given him. ;) (which he handles quite well)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Here is another example why Jerry is such a bad GM.

He just wants to be friends & enable these players.

Even if Jerrry WAS set on bringing him in, WHY ADVERTISE THAT publically?

let this guy PROVE HIMSELF ON AND OFF THE FIELD before handing him yet another christmas bonus in July. Let PacMan sweat it out, work, grind THEN get rewarded.

he'll never learn & needs too badly to be the players best friend.

Mr Cowboy;2504084 said:
Despite all the distractions/headaches he has caused this season, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is committed to having Pacman Jones with the team in 2009. Not really surprising considering Jerry welcomed him back after the suspension. Pacman has a four-year contract with the Cowboys that includes no guaranteed money.

If he stays out of trouble and finishes the season strong, the Cowboys might start working him in as a starter in the offseason for Anthony Henry. The bets are that the Cowboys begin to shift Henry to full-time safety at some point. Even Henry expects this at some point.

Here's Jerry when asked Wednesday if he expects Pacman back next year....

"I do. Yes. Yes, I do. He's a good player. He's a hard worker. He's certainly addressing any league issues and you put all that in the thought process and I see him back."

- Rick Herrin