News: Gallimore Striving For Dominance In Year 2

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m surprised and disappointed that the story intentionally omitted that fact.

Given his size, past experience, and word that he’s gotten bigger, I’m expecting Gallimore to play more 1T.

They omit what doesn't fit whatever narrative they're pushing. Not a lot of juice to a story that says "a guy got a lot more snaps when injuries removed alternatives".

Ironically, Gallimore looks great as a 1T for Marinelli. Low, strong, quick, fast, lots of hustle. Not a fit for 3T. Doesn't have the length or agility you want for a player in a a 1-1 matchup. More of a straight line player. That's what I see in Gallimore.

But I don't know how that translates to whatever we're playing now. Probably an end on a 3 man front. Maybe some 3T, but not ideal.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They omit what doesn't fit whatever narrative they're pushing. Not a lot of juice to a story that says "a guy got a lot more snaps when injuries removed alternatives".

Ironically, Gallimore looks great as a 1T for Marinelli. Low, strong, quick, fast, lots of hustle. Not a fit for 3T. Doesn't have the length or agility you want for a player in a a 1-1 matchup. More of a straight line player. That's what I see in Gallimore.

But I don't know how that translates to whatever we're playing now. Probably an end on a 3 man front. Maybe some 3T, but not ideal.
His arm length is fairly decent at 32 3/4", just not as long as the rest of the DL. Aaron Donald is 32 5/8". Parsons is only 31 1/2" and he's getting edge reps.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Collins never really “flashed” IMO - more like showed glimpses. Gallimore impressed the heck out of me the last 8 games.

Nah, Collins was looking like a legit wrecker. Here's his rookie statline compared to Gallimore's. He was another one most counted on to PROgress instead of REgress and it just never materialized. His rookie season was his best. If Gallimore gives us this year exactly what Collins gave us his rookie year, I'd be happy with that.

Collins
14 Starts, 23 tackles, 5 Sacks, 5 TFL, 13 QB Hits, 1 FF, 1 FR

Gallmore
9 Starts, 28 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks, 4 TFL, 4 QB Hits, 0 FF, 0 FR, 1 PD

Beaker42

Reaction score
Nah, Collins was looking like a legit wrecker. Here's his rookie statline compared to Gallimore's. He was another one most counted on to PROgress instead of REgress and it just never materialized. His rookie season was his best. If Gallimore gives us this year exactly what Collins gave us his rookie year, I'd be happy with that.

Collins
14 Starts, 23 tackles, 5 Sacks, 5 TFL, 13 QB Hits, 1 FF, 1 FR

Gallmore
9 Starts, 28 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks, 4 TFL, 4 QB Hits, 0 FF, 0 FR, 1 PD
Hmmm, didn’t recall Collins putting those numbers up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Collins got cut from the Raiders?
On March 30, 2020, Collins signed a one-year contract with the Las Vegas Raiders. He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on November 18, and activated three days later. He played in 10 games before being placed on injured reserve on December 4, 2020. On December 26, 2020, Collins was activated off of injured reserve.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of Hill, has there been any news on his injury status and recovery and rehab. We heard about most others, but I have not seen anything about Hill.
He was playing decent until his injury. Though many on here do not want to admit that. :laugh:

Physically he was the best Cowboys DT last season before his injury.