Galloway reponds to my note about Hayes

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Cool! We'll have to see if there's a column about it. Here's what he said:

I am saving this on Hayes...lets see what we can do...
rg

Something, perhaps, to liven up February!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome KM!!! I was really hoping something would come out of our efforts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Cool! We'll have to see if there's a column about it. Here's what he said:

I am saving this on Hayes...lets see what we can do...
rg

Something, perhaps, to liven up February!
Thank you KM. I have been looking up cemetaries in Jacksonville trying to find out where Hayes is buried. I am still numb over that article. I hope the Cowboys respond. It would be cool if the fans here did but it is more appropriate that the club do it.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Thank you KM. I have been looking up cemetaries in Jacksonville trying to find out where Hayes is buried. I am still numb over that article. I hope the Cowboys respond. It would be cool if the fans here did but it is more appropriate that the club do it.
I am sure Jerry and co will do the right thing I just wish it had been done earlier.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I am sure Jerry and co will do the right thing I just wish it had been done earlier.
I can't tell you how much I hope so. That article really floored me.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I just returned from a trip to Mississippi and actually saved the newspaper that had this article concerning Bullet Hayes in it. It is a travesty that such a great Cowboy lies in an unmarked grave and the Cowboys haven't done anything about it. I am truly ashamed of the entire organization for not doing more for this man. Not only the Cowboys organization, but the entire NFL. The league and it's owners make millions from the backs of these players and reading the 5 part series about Mike Webster and then this truly shows that the NFL and it's teams need to do more for retiring players, especially the ones that never made the millions of dollars that todays overpaid players make.

If the Cowboys are not willing to step up to the plate and do something then I am more than willing to start a fundraising campaign to see that this great players gets the honor in death that he never got while still alive. I plan on writing a letter to the Cowboys organization requesting they step up to the plae and do the right thing.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I am still in shock from the article.......Hopefully we can get something done ASAP.

Reaction score
There are millions of ALIVE people around the world who are in dire need of financial help to survive. Natural disasters, orphans, disabled, etc etc etc. They could use some help ALOT more than some dead professional football player who spent most of his life getting paid handsomely to play a GAME for a living.

Maybe some of you Bob Hayes lovers should get your freakin priorities straight.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
There are millions of ALIVE people around the world who are in dire need of financial help to survive. Natural disasters, orphans, disabled, etc etc etc. They could use some help ALOT more than some dead professional football player who spent most of his life getting paid handsomely to play a GAME for a living.

I donate to plenty of charities for the living. I won't judge you the way you did me though.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I donate to plenty of charities for the living. I won't judge you the way you did me though.

Spin it however you wanna spin it.....but before everybody starts sticking a dollar in the "Get Bob Hayes A Headstone Fund", maybe they should take a look around and realize that there are plenty of more urgent and worthwhile causes in the world.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Spin it however you wanna spin it.....but before everybody starts sticking a dollar in the "Get Bob Hayes A Headstone Fund", maybe they should take a look around and realize that there are plenty of more urgent and worthwhile causes in the world.
There was no spin control. Just a lack of finger pointing.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
There was no spin control. Just a lack of finger pointing.

I'm not pointing any fingers, especially at you personally Mr. HIGH ROAD™.

I'm just saying that on most people's "things to do" list, buying a headstone for a convicted drug dealer should be somewhere just above cloning Hitler, ya diggy?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:

I give to alot of urgent and worthwhile causes and if I and some others choose to give to another cause of our choosing we will.

How dare you sir try and belittle our generosity.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:

This is one of the most asinine posts. Just exactly who are you again to tell us what to give our money to? Maybe I missed that in your post. Let me go back and read it again. Hang on.................................
OK I'm back. Nope, Nothing there. That is perhaps the most arrogant thing you could post in this thread. YOu have no idea who has donated what to any charity and yet you think you can just slap people in the face for trying to do something nice. Hey I got an idea. You keep your own money and do with it what you want and the rest of the Cowboy Nation will do what we want. Deal?

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Stop flattering yourself. His post in no shape, form or fashion singled you out, and in a sense is bang on.

Hayes, while not making the exorbitant salaries of today’s players, lived a "charmed" life compared to the average citizen today who either works 40 hrs a week for the national household medium average, 38k income, or puts themselves through a 4-year college program, only to be saddled w/ 10 years of student loans.

Hayes, in passing as a "pauper", has ONLY himself to blame.

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I give to alot of urgent and worthwhile causes and if I and some others choose to give to another cause of our choosing we will.

How dare you sir try and belittle it.

As long as there are people on this earth who are suffering every single day, I will not only belittle, but I will discourage, villify, and downright ridicule any attempt to raise funds to buy Bob Hayes a headstone until the day you join Mr. Hayes....however soon that may be, Oldtimer.

What a travesty. Why don't we all get together and get a street named after Ted Bundy?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Stop flattering yourself. His post in no shape, form or fashion singled you out, and in a sense is bang on.

Hayes, while not making the exorbitant salaries of today’s players, lived a "charmed" life compared to the average citizen today who either works 40 hrs a week for the national household medium average, 38k income, or puts themselves through a 4-year college program, only to be saddled w/ 10 years of student loans.

Hayes, in passing as a "pauper", has ONLY himself to blame.

"Charmed Life"? Having to use Black only bathrooms growing up. Not being able to eat in restraunts. Being told to sit in the back of the bus. Not getting proper recognition for his Olympic achievements. Then going to the NFL and making less than most players. Then he gets out of football with no appreciable skills and goes back to "The Bottom" in Jacksonville and struggles to make ends meet and has to live with his mother. Gets addicted to drugs and then sells them to support his habit and goes to jail. Gets snubbed by the HOF forever and dies prematurly a pauper.

That's a "Charmed Life"?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
I'm not pointing any fingers, especially at you personally Mr. HIGH ROAD™.

I'm just saying that on most people's "things to do" list, buying a headstone for a convicted drug dealer should be somewhere just above cloning Hitler, ya diggy?
isn't there a busy thouroughfare you could be playing on about now? if you are THAT CONCERNED about the welfare of the starving millions - get your @$$ over to asia and get to work. in case you haven't noticed - this is the "cowboy zone". directions to the "holier-than-thou zone" can prolly be obtained via a simple web search. although, after reading your moronic posts - i doubt it's simple enough.

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Hey I got an idea. You keep your own money and do with it what you want and the rest of the Cowboy Nation will do what we want. Deal?

It's a free country. If you want to buy a headstone for a man who would have sold drugs to your children had they been around, then you have the right to do so.

I, however, have the right NOT to be very proud of you.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
As long as there are people on this earth who are suffering every single day, I will not only belittle, but I will discourage, villify, and downright ridicule any attempt to raise funds to buy Bob Hayes a headstone until the day you join Mr. Hayes....however soon that may be, Oldtimer.

What a travesty. Why don't we all get together and get a street named after Ted Bundy?

And Sir the day I need you to be my conscience and to do my thinking for me is when hadies freezes over. I will give to whatever, whomever, and when ever I please.

Frankly sir it's none of your business.