Galloway reponds to my note about Hayes

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
It's a free country. If you want to buy a headstone for a man who would have sold drugs to your children had they been around, then you have the right to do so.

I, however, have the right NOT to be very proud of you.

The guy had changed and he didn't do it since the early 70's. There needs to be some forgiveness there ya know? He did pay for his crimes. Admitted it was wrong. And he tried to make up for it. He helped kids later in life in track. He really did. But maybe you are too concerned acting stupid about this to realize it. How long do want to make the man pay for his crime? He is dead now ya know. Maybe you could let it go, ya think?

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
"Charmed Life"? Having to use Black only bathrooms growing up. Not being able to eat in restraunts. Being told to sit in the back of the bus. Not getting proper recognition for his Olympic achievements. Then going to the NFL and making less than most players. Then he gets out of football with no appreciable skills and goes back to "The Bottom" in Jacksonville and struggles to make ends meet and has to live with his mother. Gets addicted to drugs and then sells them to support his habit and goes to jail. Gets snubbed by the HOF forever and dies prematurly a pauper.

That's a "Charmed Life"?

Do you think people are going to be talking about YOU on a message board 30 years from now and discussing how to raise funds to buy you a headstone while children die every day all around the world?

Do you think you would even CARE?

Case closed.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
It's a free country. If you want to buy a headstone for a man who would have sold drugs to your children had they been around, then you have the right to do so.

I, however, have the right NOT to be very proud of you.
Not to worry - I can care less of obtaining someone's blessings when said person compares a player to a mass murdering lunatic whose responsible for 12 million murders, half of whom were murdered simply because of their religious beliefs.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Do you think people are going to be talking about YOU on a message board 30 years from now and discussing how to raise funds to buy you a headstone while children die every day all around the world?

Case closed.

No, because I am not going to die. And by the way. This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with a man who deserves a little more respect than he's gotten. I don't expect you to understand respect though.

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
And Sir the day I need you to be my conscience and to do my thinking for me is when hadies freezes over. I will give to whatever, whomever, and when ever I please.

Frankly sir it's none of your business.

Unfortunately, you WILL give to whatever you choose......and since you are posting about it on a public message board on the internet that every single person in the entire world has access to, then frankly, it's the entire universe's business, son.

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
"Charmed Life"? Having to use Black only bathrooms growing up. Not being able to eat in restraunts. Being told to sit in the back of the bus. Not getting proper recognition for his Olympic achievements. Then going to the NFL and making less than most players. Then he gets out of football with no appreciable skills and goes back to "The Bottom" in Jacksonville and struggles to make ends meet and has to live with his mother. Gets addicted to drugs and then sells them to support his habit and goes to jail. Gets snubbed by the HOF forever and dies prematurly a pauper.

That's a "Charmed Life"?

Ummmmm, do you REALLY need me to start naming his BLACK contemporaries who WEREN’T afforded the same opportunity as Hayes, yet still achieved more w/ less?

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Not to worry - I can care less of obtaining someone's blessings when said person compares a player to a mass murdering lunatic whose responsible for 12 million murders, half of whom were murdered simply because of their religious beliefs.

Is the death of "12 million" Jews more important than the death of one person that Bullet Bob could have sold drugs to to support his OWN drug habit?

At least Hitler had a belief, however skewed it was. Bullet Bob just wanted to get a fix!

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Ummmmm, do you REALLY need me to start naming his BLACK contemporaries who WEREN’T afforded the same opportunity as Hayes, yet still achieved more w/ less?

Yes, but "Charmed Life" is a bit over the top, don't ya think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
I'm not pointing any fingers, especially at you personally Mr. HIGH ROAD™.

I'm just saying that on most people's "things to do" list, buying a headstone for a convicted drug dealer should be somewhere just above cloning Hitler, ya diggy?
LOL

Thank you. I get accused of avoiding the high road and being "hostile" so much that it's rare to feel flattered.

No I don't dig, because I equate Bob Hayes to a precious part of my life as a Cowboys fan and not a "drug dealer." If that's the way you need to see the man have at it.

I choose to see him as an Olympic Gold Medalist and a former Dallas Cowboy. That is my right.

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
No, because I am not going to die. And by the way. This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with a man who deserves a little more respect than he's gotten. I don't expect you to understand respect though.

Why does a professional athlete who sold drugs DESERVE any more respect than anybody else?

This whole entitlement thing that pro athletes get disturbes me to no end.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Is the death of "12 million" Jews more important than the death of one person that Bullet Bob could have sold drugs to to support his OWN drug habit?

At least Hitler had a belief, however skewed it was. Bullet Bob just wanted to get a fix!

So killing 12 million people because it was your belief they should die, is better than killing one person non-directly? Hmmm, that says alot right there.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Unfortunately, you WILL give to whatever you choose......and since you are posting about it on a public message board on the internet that every single person in the entire world has access to, then frankly, it's the entire universe's business, son.

Yes, That's the chance we all take when we post on public message boards.....and guess what? it's still none of your business sonny.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Stop flattering yourself. His post in no shape, form or fashion singled you out, and in a sense is bang on.

Hayes, while not making the exorbitant salaries of today’s players, lived a "charmed" life compared to the average citizen today who either works 40 hrs a week for the national household medium average, 38k income, or puts themselves through a 4-year college program, only to be saddled w/ 10 years of student loans.

Hayes, in passing as a "pauper", has ONLY himself to blame.
Flattering myself?

Okay, whatever you say. :rolleyes: I call it paying back something for my raising.

I've never said Hayes didn't make mistakes. I believe he paid his debts to society and deserves better than an unmarked grave, but hey, that's just my nature.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
As long as there are people on this earth who are suffering every single day, I will not only belittle, but I will discourage, villify, and downright ridicule any attempt to raise funds to buy Bob Hayes a headstone until the day you join Mr. Hayes....however soon that may be, Oldtimer.

What a travesty. Why don't we all get together and get a street named after Ted Bundy?
For your information Cbz40 worked his hole life as a school teacher. I think he's made a difference and doesn't need your disrespect.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
Why does a professional athlete who sold drugs DESERVE any more respect than anybody else?

This whole entitlement thing that pro athletes get disturbes me to no end.

He never got the respect he deserved before he got into drugs. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. Otherwise Lawrence Taylor would not have gotten into the HOF. The man paid his debt to society and changed his life. But knuckleheads won't let the man have any respect for even doing that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Julius Jones said:

Case closed.
You missed the boat.

I guess you shouldn't have been waiting for a train.

This isn't about anyone else caring that we did something. Way off base.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
LOL

Thank you. I get accused of avoiding the high road and being "hostile" so much that it's rare to feel flattered.

No I don't dig, because I equate Bob Hayes to a precious part of my life as a Cowboys fan and not a "drug dealer." If that's the way you need to see the man have at it.

I choose to see him as an Olympic Gold Medalist and a former Dallas Cowboy. That is my right.

Of course it's your right.

I equate Micheal Jackson to a precious part of my life because when I was 10 years old I bought the Thriller album and the white glove and the red leather jacket and I wanted to be that guy SO DARN BAD.

Now I realize that he's a pathetic pedophile who buys off little kids so they don't rat him out to their parents after every alcohol-fueled "sleepover".

There comes a time when we have to realize that perhaps behind the facade is a very crummy human being.

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Yes, but "Charmed Life" is a bit over the top, don't ya think?

Not really Caj, considering the tens-of-thousands of ppl in the same time period who, solely for the lack of athletic ability, were not able to have the same ops Hayes had.

Pls don't misread me, I'm not vilifying Hayes, I just think ppl hold ppl like him in some "blameless" limbo, simply because he was a "hero" of their favorite team, understand?