Twitter: Gallup deal projected over 10 million a year

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m ok with 11 per. I thought he was gonna be a bit cheaper due to the ACL but we’re overpaying to get him wrapped up before FA.

Gallup is special player that hasn’t fully blossomed so I’m glad he’s staying.

75boyz

Reaction score
10 million isn't alot.

Im mote concerned with the chances he plays 13 games a year over the course of that contract

Same here. Almost kinda like a Tyron Smith comparison in that when he plays he is playing at a very reasonable contract and high level.

But are the injuries going to be so chronic going forward so as to impact his game day availability?

I guess that is where the risk to reward assessment currently is at.

jmo

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
10 isn’t a lot until you realize he got hurt and we didn’t even miss him one iota and had a guy making peanuts replicate to a close extent what he could do.

gallup is a fine player and I understand the cap gymnastics we need to do but I do not think we will be better off having Gallup and losing coop.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
10 million for Gallup or 20 million for Cooper? Tough decision :laugh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Been thinking around 12 mil a year is what Gallup could get. Not sure dallas will pay that much but someone will.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Been thinking around 12 mil a year is what Gallup could get. Not sure dallas will pay that much but someone will.
umm Sammy Watkins got 16+ mil 4 years ago gallups on that level; not sure what all the low ball numbers fans keep coming up with. Gallup at 10-12 mil is steal, that lower then most backups. when 20-22 mil is the starting standard 12 is low and doable depending on how you grade him a 1b type or clear 2.. 8-10 for a 2 is what some got a few years back..lookig at Juju smiths 8mil which was low but he turned out to be not so great as a primary target. Add inflation that's about 10..

whats the market what would be the tag for him just to have number to judge?

blueblood70

Reaction score
10 million isn't alot.

Im mote concerned with the chances he plays 13 games a year over the course of that contract
stay under 12 and I'm good with lots of structure on how its earned and what not,.whats the guarantees etc

would hope for maybe 4yrs 44 mil but 25 guaranteed and play time and production escalates some more guarantees he can earn past the 25mil etc.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
As long as they are able to get out of it by the time they need to pay Lamb.

The alternative is hope Lamb fails, so....

I'm torn on this one but 4/50 with 25 guaranteed with a clean out for the team after two years is palatable.

Problem is I doubt Gallup can give the team much at all this year.

That and the obvious bidding against themselves never works out but I expect that by now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bottom line, they are letting Cooper go, and they are afraid to go into next season with just Lamb and another draft pick. When you cut your #1 and have more pressing needs like interior OL, DL, LB, S, you have to bring back your #3 wr and promote him to #2.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As long as they are able to get out of it by the time they need to pay Lamb.

The alternative is hope Lamb fails, so....

I'm torn on this one but 4/50 with 25 guaranteed with a clean out for the team after two years is palatable.

Problem is I doubt Gallup can give the team much at all this year.

That and the obvious bidding against themselves never works out but I expect that by now.
We have 3 more years before we have to resign Lamb.