Twitter: Gallup deal projected over 10 million a year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
this kind of stuff is the problem
Yeah the injury clause saves money but you’re still without your #2 WR
Now you’re starting Turner LOL then you will be in here making excuses for Dak that he had no weapons

Better to restructure Cooper and let Gallup walk for a comp pick
We never learn
I’d even consider letting Cooper and Gallup walk and sign Wilson for much less. Then look to FA for a 3rd receiver or middle of draft.

Wilson could become WR 2. Looks like we’re going to keep Shultz which is like a 3rd receiver.

Then we might could keep Gregory and or Lawrence . I can’t imagine our DL without either of them.

visionary

Reaction score
that is your opinion. I think we sign Cooper we lose a lot of other players and end up paying him a kings ransom at the tail end. If course you guys will bi#$t and moan that jerry can't manage the cap down the road when the bill come due but you guys moan regardless. Gallup is getting below market value is this is true and I do expect Dallas to pick up a WR in the process to fill in as a slot WR. We never learn? Again you are giving an opinion just like everyone else,

I’m betting dollars to donuts you will be making excuses of “no weapons” WHEN (not IF) Dak struggles

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m betting dollars to donuts you will be making excuses of “no weapons” WHEN (not IF) Dak struggles

Sorry I don't make excuses. No weapons? lol, cooper was the only weapon? get out of here, talk about overreaction. I loved having Cooper but he was not even the top WR on this team.

Reactions: G2

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ten mil is overpaying for Gallup. Surely seems like this FO is bound to overpay, no matter what.

aikemirv

Reaction score
10 isn’t a lot until you realize he got hurt and we didn’t even miss him one iota and had a guy making peanuts replicate to a close extent what he could do.

gallup is a fine player and I understand the cap gymnastics we need to do but I do not think we will be better off having Gallup and losing coop.
Exactly! We actually were a better offense without Gallup than with him!

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
You have seen the contract at this point already? Wow. Incentives usually mean bonus pay over and above the base contract. Even more money.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
wasted a 1st rounder on Cooper if he not staying and what.about.the.defense??

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Schultz is getting 10+ million, so the front office will get Gallup 30.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll bet if he hits the market he gets more than 10 mil
Curtis Samuels and Will Fuller make more than that
This is 1990
Randall Cobb make nearly that much

I like him but i bet i can develop a replacement just as easy. i'll pass.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
BS Dallas did not over pay for Gallup, the projection of his market value was 11.3 mill.

That's quite generous for a WR who just came off of the knee surgery and whose hands have been questionable in the past.

It might easily take longer than projected for his recovery to be complete. He received the best situation possible, regardless.

Here's hoping he'll return to duty fully prepared, despite what those highly optimistic projections appeared to take for granted.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's quite generous for a WR who just came off of the knee surgery and whose hands have been questionable in the past.

It might easily take longer than projected for his recovery to be complete. He received the best situation possible, regardless.

Here's hoping he'll return to duty fully prepared, despite what those highly optimistic projections appeared to take for granted.

No it not, He got 10 mill it is well within the lines of other WR . Jerry did not overpay what so ever.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No it not, He got 10 mill it is well within the lines of other WR . Jerry did not overpay what so ever.

We'll see of this FO overpays or not in the weeks and months to come.

I'm talking about 11.3 mil and you seem to say it ends at 10. We'll see.

Last edited: