Twitter: Gallup expected to be 100% by August

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Yeah,Consider the source.
Gallup's agent,a graduate of the Medical School of Holiday Inn.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My guess is Gallup resigns under a one year, prove it deal.

Probably a win-win option for him and us. Better a 1 year prove it deal on the team he can most easily be effective than having to discount his first big contract for recovery uncertainty.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not being a Debbie downer here, but that’s what they are going to say so he still gets paid

agree.

he’s gonna miss most of camp. Maybe all of it.

Never going to be what he was.

can still be An excellent WR.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Much depends upon the team involved and what they'd be willing to pay.
Gallup's returning from ACL surgery could easily affect their offer. :huh:

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Smells like first weeks of the season on PUP.. Listen, we have all seen this before.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not being a Debbie downer here, but that’s what they are going to say so he still gets paid
dak had far worse injury many thought no way he comes back game 1 ready and jerry shouldn't have paid him and he did and that after a shoulder kept him out of most tf the 2nd part of the offseason. 6-9months is the window. i had my ACL replaced at 48yrs old and was back full go 9months later doing inverts on a wakeboard, snowboarding after 6months etc. hes young honed athlete and i know its different but if i can get back to doing extreme type sports in 6-9 months and now 4 years later while i still wear brace just in case haven't had setback yet.im 52!

glimmerman

Reaction score
dak had far worse injury many thought no way he comes back game 1 ready and jerry shouldn't have paid him and he did and that after a shoulder kept him out of most tf the 2nd part of the offseason. 6-9months is the window. i had my ACL replaced at 48yrs old and was back full go 9months later doing inverts on a wakeboard, snowboarding after 6months etc. hes young honed athlete and i know its different but if i can get back to doing extreme type sports in 6-9 months and now 4 years later while i still wear brace just in case haven't had setback yet.im 52!
Yeah and if I had to guess the injury Dak got in the pats game wasn’t just a calf injury. I think he had a set back in his calf and leg. The injury he had takes a longer to return to full capabilities. He came in the second half of the year and clearly wasn’t the same. I think he was afraid to push off of the leg to throw the ball. I heard someone say they had a similar injury and it took him 2 offseasons to fully feel recovered. It’s got to be psychological also. And tweaking it halfway through your first season back.. I look to see him be improved this season. We need to give him a run game though. It was pathetic to watch teams shut our run game down with a 4 man front. We used to eat that up all day and teams had to stack the line. Far cry from what it was.

glimmerman

Reaction score
So many questions at WR.Can’t wait to see how it plays out.
He might be ready to go game one. But his agent is gonna push for more than what we will pay. Maybe a 1 year prove it deal. He said he would be fine with that. So what’s the number for 1 year. Tag is 20 million.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
He might be ready to go game one. But his agent is gonna push for more than what we will pay. Maybe a 1 year prove it deal. He said he would be fine with that. So what’s the number for 1 year. Tag is 20 million.
I love Gallup, but 20 million is steep for a #2 WR.20 million is steep for Amari, who is #1 and better.We’ll see what happens.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
didn't effect daks money and his was far worse.

Probably because he was already under contract, and they had to abide by the agreement already in place.

Another team would have the distinct advantage of negotiating a deal with Gallup that they found desirable.

I imagine Jerry and Stephen could possibly ask Dak to take a pay cut, although he'd have to agree to it. :oops:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah and if I had to guess the injury Dak got in the pats game wasn’t just a calf injury. I think he had a set back in his calf and leg. The injury he had takes a longer to return to full capabilities. He came in the second half of the year and clearly wasn’t the same. I think he was afraid to push off of the leg to throw the ball. I heard someone say they had a similar injury and it took him 2 offseasons to fully feel recovered. It’s got to be psychological also. And tweaking it halfway through your first season back.. I look to see him be improved this season. We need to give him a run game though. It was pathetic to watch teams shut our run game down with a 4 man front. We used to eat that up all day and teams had to stack the line. Far cry from what it was.
and yet he led team to 12-5 went 6-0 in the division threw for 4500 yards 37td to 10ints that in 16 games ,is somehow bad? thats good enough qb play to win it all.the rest of the team failed him not truly the other way around. sorry the dak nonsense has to stop hes not elite nor perfect but he for sure is top 10 and that good enough for team to go far,