Twitter: Gallup expected to be 100% by August

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably because he was already under contract, and they had to abide by the agreement already in place.

Another team would have the distinct advantage of negotiating a deal with Gallup that they found desirable.

I imagine Jerry and Stephen could possibly ask Dak to take a pay cut, although he'd have to agree to it. :oops:
he played under a FT and was not under contract he played out his rookie deal..he could have walked or got another tag,

Carson

Reaction score
ACL surgery in Jan and ready to go full bore in Aug, is that even possible?!
Possible. Likely? Doubt it.

The quickest surgery recovery was Peterson. He played 9 months after surgery and was paying a rumored $10k a day to speed up the process.

He had surgery December 30th and was to play opening day

Carson

Reaction score
dak had far worse injury many thought no way he comes back game 1 ready and jerry shouldn't have paid him and he did and that after a shoulder kept him out of most tf the 2nd part of the offseason. 6-9months is the window. i had my ACL replaced at 48yrs old and was back full go 9months later doing inverts on a wakeboard, snowboarding after 6months etc. hes young honed athlete and i know its different but if i can get back to doing extreme type sports in 6-9 months and now 4 years later while i still wear brace just in case haven't had setback yet.im 52!
It took Adrian Peterson nine months to recover (December to September) and most thought that was remarkable

Not saying he won’t play week 1. But he’s not doing anything pre week 1

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not being a Debbie downer here, but that’s what they are going to say so he still gets paid

Didn't Akers tear an ACL, right before the season started, and was back at the end of the season for the playoffs?

August should not be an issue.
Still he will most likely start TC on PUP, and with what this does. Will keep him there for half the season. It is the teams status quo MO to frustration.

Carson

Reaction score
Didn't Akers tear an ACL, right before the season started, and was back at the end of the season for the playoffs?

August should not be an issue.
Still he will most likely start TC on PUP, and with what this does. Will keep him there for half the season. It is the teams status quo MO to frustration.
Akers was an Achilles

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
he played under a FT and was not under contract he played out his rookie deal..he could have walked or got another tag,

I thought you were referring to Dak's injury when he was already under contract. In any event, the FO overpaid Dak right from the get-go. That's pretty much in line with what they do with everyone they think is "elite." Yes, they overpaid for a QB that I never felt was in that high of a talent level. Of course, there are many here who don't agree with that, although, it's debatable, no doubt. I just feel his lack of consistency isn't indicative of "elite" status.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
and yet he led team to 12-5 went 6-0 in the division threw for 4500 yards 37td to 10ints that in 16 games ,is somehow bad? thats good enough qb play to win it all.the rest of the team failed him not truly the other way around. sorry the dak nonsense has to stop hes not elite nor perfect but he for sure is top 10 and that good enough for team to go far,
Exactly right. Our O-Line hurt is this year. The drive killing penalties. Or penalties that called back game changing or momentum changing plays. I can think of 3 right off the bat.

1 - Was a deep sideline pass to Gallup who was wide open. Dak scrambled to his right and threw back across the field to Gallop. Was under thrown a bit but a 50 something yard play. Called back.

2 - A long run by Pollard. 30 something yards. Called back.

3 - Would have been Elliot’s longest run of the year. Juke move in the middle from right to the left up the middle. 40 something or 50 yards. Called back.

If I am not mistaken we lost those games. They were plays we build off of. And its a problem coaching could have addressed during the season. I am not a fan of philibin coming back. We need a new O-Line coach. His scheme is never going to work for our line. We are a power blocking team.

Dak had his problems and will never be great at all things. How many true elite QBs are in the league to begin with. The one that won the sb this year is not elite. Dak has to get back to running the ball himself on occasion. Throwing shorter passes (Moore needs to help with the playcalling). And get O-Line fixed and a run game going. Our Defense could be improved this year. Making us even better..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My best guess at this juncture with all the noise is, they want to bring back Gallup at a discount 1 yr deal if he is willing to accept it. Don't believe both Cooper/Gallup are gone under any circumstance, kind of like DLaw and Gregory. ! of each will return and the team will look to draft their future replacement by day 2 in the draft this yr.

Call me crazy but if i'm a team needing a WR i'm not paying much for a guy who won't be able to get on the field till august at the earliest. better for him to stay here and get healthy so he can earn a bigger contract next off season.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Exactly right. Our O-Line hurt is this year. The drive killing penalties. Or penalties that called back game changing or momentum changing plays. I can think of 3 right off the bat.

1 - Was a deep sideline pass to Gallup who was wide open. Dak scrambled to his right and threw back across the field to Gallop. Was under thrown a bit but a 50 something yard play. Called back.

2 - A long run by Pollard. 30 something yards. Called back.

3 - Would have been Elliot’s longest run of the year. Juke move in the middle from right to the left up the middle. 40 something or 50 yards. Called back.

If I am not mistaken we lost those games. They were plays we build off of. And its a problem coaching could have addressed during the season. I am not a fan of philibin coming back. We need a new O-Line coach. His scheme is never going to work for our line. We are a power blocking team.

Dak had his problems and will never be great at all things. How many true elite QBs are in the league to begin with. The one that won the sb this year is not elite. Dak has to get back to running the ball himself on occasion. Throwing shorter passes (Moore needs to help with the playcalling). And get O-Line fixed and a run game going. Our Defense could be improved this year. Making us even better..
I think Dak’s biggest problem besides inept play calling ,Kellen was clueless when D played coverage,unable to adapt,is confidence.There were receivers open, but Dak was hesitant to let it rip.1 second of delay & it’s not open anymore.As we all know,Dak has had some accuracy issues stemming from poor mechanics at times and seems to prefer throws to the sidelines as throws over the middle can sail from time to time.You sail a throw to the sideline and it’s incomplete and not a pick.The craze in the NFL this year against high powered O’s is the 2 deep cover2 look.A great way to combat that are seam routes against 4 man fronts, but Dak is hesitant to throw over the middle more than 10 yds.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Just saying that to get paid. At the end of the day you dont know if he can stay healthy or not. He has to play for a contract year. Sign a 1 year deal and see how it goes or give a discount for a multi year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Dak’s biggest problem besides inept play calling ,Kellen was clueless when D played coverage,unable to adapt,is confidence.There were receivers open, but Dak was hesitant to let it rip.1 second of delay & it’s not open anymore.As we all know,Dak has had some accuracy issues stemming from poor mechanics at times and seems to prefer throws to the sidelines as throws over the middle can sail from time to time.You sail a throw to the sideline and it’s incomplete and not a pick.The craze in the NFL this year against high powered O’s is the 2 deep cover2 look.A great way to combat that are seam routes against 4 man fronts, but Dak is hesitant to throw over the middle more than 10 yds.
Then throw the 10 yards or less and get the ball in his hands. He will pick up yards..Get some confidence. He had 2 plays this year the defense jumped and knew it was a free play. He let it rip over the middle and both were completions to Lamb..

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Then throw the 10 yards or less and get the ball in his hands. He will pick up yards..Get some confidence. He had 2 plays this year the defense jumped and knew it was a free play. He let it rip over the middle and both were completions to Lamb..
2 of my fav plays are slants and crossing patterns over the middle.They seems to be forgotten play calls by wonderboy.Hit them in stride and get that YAC.

glimmerman

Reaction score
2 of my fav plays are slants and crossing patterns over the middle.They seems to be forgotten play calls by wonderboy.Hit them in stride and get that YAC.
Linehan was having him throw the occasional slant. Seemed to be able to throw it fine. Moore is calling the same long developing pass plays. He only runs to get the 7-10 plays out of the way so he can run his pass plays again. It’s getting obvious and not going to get it for much longer by even JJ. If he don’t take a big leap this year he maybe gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if it picks up where it left off then MM might take over playcalling, his job is on the line also.. Giving the fact Moore never got another job offer this offseason say a lot. He went from being in possible high demand to a flop. HCs and GMs were watching this year.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Linehan was having him throw the occasional slant. Seemed to be able to throw it fine. Moore is calling the same long developing pass plays. He only runs to get the 7-10 plays out of the way so he can run his pass plays again. It’s getting obvious and not going to get it for much longer by even JJ. If he don’t take a big leap this year he maybe gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if it picks up where it left off then MM might take over playcalling, his job is on the line also.. Giving the fact Moore never got another job offer this offseason say a lot. He went from being in possible high demand to a flop. HCs and GMs were watching this year.
All the hype has faded, he has showed his true self and it’s not very good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It took Adrian Peterson nine months to recover (December to September) and most thought that was remarkable

Not saying he won’t play week 1. But he’s not doing anything pre week 1
again, i was 48 and had mine replaced and back at full go at 9months. i was back landing flips at 23mph behind boat strapped into board, the very thing that blew my ACL..i know theres a difference but it normal to be back at 9months now..

Carson

Reaction score
again, i was 48 and had mine replaced and back at full go at 9months. i was back landing flips at 23mph behind boat strapped into board, the very thing that blew my ACL..i know theres a difference but it normal to be back at 9months now..
Nine months puts him around October / November. Which is what I’m saying. It’s a 8-9 month recovery. So I don’t know he will be a full go for camp

It would be 7 months to start camp

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Call me crazy but if i'm a team needing a WR i'm not paying much for a guy who won't be able to get on the field till august at the earliest. better for him to stay here and get healthy so he can earn a bigger contract next off season.
I like Juju for a cheaper 1 yr prove it deal

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't see the ACL not affecting his value even though it's more of a common injury these days. Would think shorter term deal or one with less guaranteed money.

Agree 100%. I really like Gallup, and he's one of my favorite WRs. But his injury history and his projected pay is not in line with something I would do if I were a GM. He would walk. I know he's good. If he didn't have any injuries I'd be willing to pay the 12-14M. But no way would I do that now. Can't count on him.